JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
AK? Pshhhht...:s0077:

AR? wah-wah waaahh :s0002:

flamethrower. Heck yes. Ever see a flaming elk start a forest fire? Ever see a crowd of people... demanding you pay them the money you owe them... back away and then be engulfed in a transluscent orange, yellow, and red cloud?

They date way back, to the Byzantine, and have seen action in every single major conflict since. No brass, no jams, you can build one from supplies you find at Lowes, Home Depot, a farm, shop, or garage.

I can just see it, kicking the AR's and AK's out of the charred hands of the fallen, a bottle of barbeque sauce in your back pocket, a welding mask perched on top of your head... awesome.

I'm glad I could clear this up.
:s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114:

That is the funniest thing I have read all day! Thanks!!

The only three problems with a flame thrower are:

1. You have about 2 to 3 minutes of actual flame.
2. You need alot of petroleum.
3. An old timer pissed off because you are burning down his timber and his sheep look like flaming cotton balls on four legs will light your b^tt on fire and send you off into the atmosphere like a bottle rocket on steroids when he shoots your backside with his .30-06 from 500 yards away.

Other than that, I hope you are on my side.

SF-

what is the "road" about?

The Road (book) is an existential study by Cormac McCarthy, in which a man and his small son work their way through the cannibalistic aftermath of non-specific apocalyptic events. It is no Mad Max, for sure...
All of McCarthy's novels (that I have read) deal with individuals facing despair, isolation, and seemingly inconquerable difficulties... often set against backdrops that are both magnificient and hostile.
I haven't seen the film, but I would describe the book as engrossing, heart breaking, disgusting, and fascinating.

why was there no 10/22 option in this debate?

I guess I could change the original question and throw out those worthless AKs and AR's. Ok here's my new question: What would you choose in a SHTF scenario between these - A 10/22, a slingshot, a blowgun, or a Red Ryder bb gun... :s0140:

Me, I don't see myself in the Mtns in the winter,
so if IT HTF now I'd just make sure the generator is ready,
pop in "The Postman",
have my Garand on the right, My AK on the left, the AR on the table,
me Carbine on my lap and the case of Jacky D with in reach.

Then I'm good to go.

'course I'm gonna be 103 YO next B-day so I'm full of reasons and excuses.

Did I mention the claymores?

You have great wisdom Nibbs. (since you have been alive before WWI)

I would hate to be armed with an AK or an AR against you and your Garands.

When you yell "Get OFF MY LAWN", I'll be runnin':s0114::s0114::s0114:

Throwing my hat in the ring...

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinHumor.htm

Mosin Nagant M91/30
I'll take my 75 year old rifle that i can still hit a head-sized target at 200+ yards with, with iron sights. :s0155:

Allan Quatermain: Now, would you like to learn to shoot?
Tom Sawyer: I can already.
Allan Quatermain: Oh, I saw. Very American. Fire enough bullets and hope to hit the target.

Allan Quatermain: If you can't do it with one bullet, don't do it at all.

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen :cool:

I want to change my vote too...

Catapult. A big friggin' catapult that cold launch Volkswagens a mile if needed. Also could incorporate Bio war by launching dead animals infested with disease and maggots. Might need a crossbow or two for CQ defense of the catapult. Think of it like a M203 system... can't have one without the other.

SF-

"When it all comes down, the last man standing is going to be standing there in shorts and sneakers [armed] with a '98 Mauser,
and all the ninja-looking guys belly up at his feet -
with all their cool gear."

Louis Awerbuck

AK or AR?

Whichever one you own, can maintain with your skill set and your spare parts kit, have plenty of ammo for, plenty of magazines for, and train with on a regular basis.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top