JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nothing less then a .270 with a 150 gr pill for me, and preferable a .30/06 with a 180 gr or bigger! I want to put the animal on the ground with the least amount of suffering as I can! :cool:

30.06. Has worked for everything. 2. & 4 legged for over 100 years . Everybody had a tool to spit it out back in the day .

Myself, hands down, 300 WM or 338 WM. 7 mm mag is great as well. At 600 plus yards I do not want to take any chances of wounding an elk. Myself, however, I'd prefer to shoot inside 300 yards. I would still shoot the magnum inside 300 yards but would be ok with my 270 or 30 06 as well. Just do not want to see the animal run over the next hill. Beyond 300 yards I would not want to shoot lite bullets, such as less than 150 grains. I shoot the 180 grain in the 300 wm and 225 grains in the 338 wm. jmho

Geez! Sounds like everyone thinks shooting an elk at 600 yards is OK. That is a long shot at a very large sturdy animal. The probability of wounding the animal is great. Unless your a Marine sniper with a wind gauge and spotter i would suggest getting closer. I know some of you have probably made some long shots but reason needs to take over here. IT'S PRETTY SIMPLE JUST GET CLOSER!

I'd think I would pass at 600 yards and have in the past; not worth the risk.

I'd think I would pass at 600 yards and have in the past; not worth the risk.
That;s like the first time I went skeet shooting.
Two clays flew past and I didn't take a shot.
Guy asks me why I didn't shoot.
I was like, "are you kidding? Those are the shots I always passed on pheasant hunting. Guranteed miss!"

;)

Dean

Last Edited:
I just figured he had a stuttering problem! Wait, can you stutter when you type?

S-s-sss-ss-sure can! It's called P-P-Ppp_Parkins-sss-ss-sons!!!

Nah, there's a (small/silly) thingy/deal/story behind the moniker, but very few people get to know it. And I'm proud of it being banned on Foxnews.com!!! :D:D:D

But @Xaevian gave an interpretation that I like even better than the truth!

Maybe if you fell asleep?

…bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb...:D

I've fallen asleep at the wheel, wanted to be asleep when my ex was feeling frisky.... but asleep at the keyboard?????????????????????

SSSS-ss-ssss-aaaa-cra-lidje!!!!! ;););)

I will say that reading long posts induces a nap!!! :D

I've fallen asleep at the wheel, wanted to be asleep when my ex was feeling frisky.... but asleep at the keyboard?????????????????????

SSSS-ss-ssss-aaaa-cra-lidje!!!!! ;););)

I will say that reading long posts induces a nap!!! :D

I find that VERY FEW posts longer than a couple sentences can hold my attention. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top