JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you selling the fur's? If so you want a bullet that is unlikely to exit to limit damage to the fur.

If you are just killing coyotes and leaving them where they lay then most any 223 varmint bullet will make a humane and ethical kill.

RE : Post #3
Yes.

Then, you've probably went through this before but.......

1671661153959.png

Aloha, Mark

Are you selling the fur's? If so you want a bullet that is unlikely to exit to limit damage to the fur.

If you are just killing coyotes and leaving them where they lay then most any 223 varmint bullet will make a humane and ethical kill.
i would like to keep pelts.

Another vote for: 55gr nosler or hornady ballistic tips I usually neck shoot same as I do deer but for both, I use .243 but same bullet type and weight.

This will probably garner some negative response, but when I hunted coy and varmints I used a 3x scoped AR15 1/12" twist using either 55gr SP (handloads) or 193 ball. Either did the trick, whatever they say about FMJ. Prior to the AR15 I used a 4x scoped Ruger 180 mini-14. Hand-held "dying rabbit" call. Burned a lot of VN-era mil-surp 5.56 that way.

lol , I've killed more Coyotes with a bolt action suppressed 22 LR than any of the other rifles I own . they have always been DRT..they are easy to kill..shot placement is far more important than anything else

This will probably garner some negative response, but when I hunted coy and varmints I used a 3x scoped AR15 1/12" twist using either 55gr SP (handloads) or 193 ball. Either did the trick, whatever they say about FMJ. Prior to the AR15 I used a 4x scoped Ruger 180 mini-14. Hand-held "dying rabbit" call. Burned a lot of VN-era mil-surp 5.56 that way.
No knocking you...55gr FMJ has put down many a dog.

I'm in CA and have to shoot Lead Free bullets. I use 50 gr Varmint Grenades. A lot of times there is not even an exit hole. if they strike bone they come completely apart. But if I do my part not many get away! DR

It dont matter..Ive killed at least 30 in the last 2 yrs with a suppressed 10/22 90% was dropped 1 shot by the ears. Of course thats 50yds and under. Those varmegedden bullets do well to not damage pelts other than 1 hole in.

My varminter AR15, 18.5" spiral fluted SS barrel 1/8 twist, shot 52gr Sierra hollow points better than the charts would have one think... dime sized five shot groupings at 100yds.

Try Varmint bullets in various weights and see what works best for your rifle at the distance you will be shooting. If all your shots are close in, accuracy is a smaller factor.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top