JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ah........Yo be young again, not have any responsibilities! Alas, had to grow up some time, but still find time to screw off a little now and then! For those that this is "Their Thing" more power to ya, Not going to judge! At least the little fatties are out and about doing SOMETHING instead of sitting on the couch watching the made up world on the tube!

I didn't bother to read through the thread because I feel that this Poke Go thing is the latest in a very long line of methods to distract sheeple from more important issues and keep them glued to their screens. To answer the original thread question - NONE because I have never and will never download the app. This is coming from a 35 year old techie, and if anyone ever ends up in my back yard looking for a virtual toy they very well may end up staring at the business end of a Remington 870.

Not for me, but it does seem to get people up and moving. Sometimes in the wrong places, like private areas of a certain local hospital. If you show up in my yard you are going to get poked by a man for sure!

The key word being 'try':p:p:D.

My wife long ago realized I'll be a man child for the rest of my foreseeable future.;)
That's the key word. Try. I'm trying every day but that 12 year old slips out sometimes.

Seems to me that too much of either extreme is unhealthy... on the one hand there's letting your inner child run your life, and on the other there's squelching all sense of "fun" and becoming a miserable SOB.

Key is "balance" and "moderation"... and sometimes your quirks, if properly managed, can help you build bridges with others. (Example: the librarians I work with at first tended to think I was kinda stiff, even a dash creepy, until I had picked up a Hexbug Aquabot and had the little thing swimming in a bowl on my desk. That "oh how cute, a little robot goldfish!" moment went a long way breaking the ice...)

Think of it as like the difference between taking your dog for a controlled walk versus letting it run loose all over the 'hood... :)

Oh, look, found you guys a friend! :D
pikapew_1024x1024.jpg
Was snooping around Slickguns looking for deals on mags to start stocking up and one of the linked stores had this guy... to me it looks like a target, and my little buddy Junior would probably call it a chew toy just like those other nasty yellow animated things the Minions, but whatever floats yer boat. :)

(Re Junior: see av.)

Last Edited:
I wasn't going to read or even open this thread, but I thought this needed to be said.

Someday I will hear the phrase: "Pokemon went."

And it will be a good day.

I wasn't going to read or even open this thread, but I thought this needed to be said.

Someday I will hear the phrase: "Pokemon went."

And it will be a good day.

It's like watching a decapatation in slow motion - no matter how badly you don't want to see it, your going to look at least once anyway:p:eek:

I play the game, I'm approaching 40. So there goes the "damn kids" argument.

I have a full time career, often working well over 40 hours a week. so there goes the "get a job" argument.

I still prepare, shoot, camp, work around the house etc. so there goes the "dis is jus distractin us from da reeeeell problems" jargon. Also, I'm about tired of real life so if I want to check out chasing fictitious cartoon animals as I go about my day, Ill do that. Thanks.

Is it a fad? absolutely. Will it fade? Absolutely.

Are there some people here that need to stop taking life so seriously? Without a doubt.

I play the game, I'm approaching 40.
<Snip>
Are there some people here that need to stop taking life so seriously? Without a doubt.
And,... Are there some people that need to stop stepping out in from of me and/or my pickup in parking lots, and the street, while staring at their freakin' phone? Instead of watching WTF they're doing and where they're going?

Yup, there sure as hell is.

And,... Are there some people that need to stop stepping out in from of me and/or my pickup in parking lots, and the street, while staring at their freakin' phone? Instead of watching WTF they're doing and where they're going?

Yup, there sure as hell is.

That has been going on for years and only getting worse - I don't think it's only people playing games...

YouTube vid 4 years ago of a lady in a mall that walked straight into a fountain pool and was caught on camera that went viral for awhile.

Anybody here ever faceplant into a brick wall from losing awareness of your surroundings? I did... as a kid. Didn't really feel much... it's good to have a hard head sometimes. :D

Damn, with the IQ I have now and the brain damage from that and the whack in the head with the submarine... I coulda been the next Einstein i I hadn't gotten my bell rung so much.

Anybody here ever faceplant into a brick wall from losing awareness of your surroundings? I did... as a kid. Didn't really feel much... it's good to have a hard head sometimes. :D

Damn, with the IQ I have now and the brain damage from that and the whack in the head with the submarine... I coulda been the next Einstein i I hadn't gotten my bell rung so much.

I walked into a telephone pole head on, along Venice Beach one time. I was looking at a woman on rollerblades. I was sure I was in love right up until I hit the telephone pole.

I also wasn't paying attention walking through a birthing area on a ship one time, my buddy said something behind me and I turned around to look, but kept walking, turned back just in time to walk right into the top of the bulkhead hatch. Knocked myself right out.

90% of adults I've met do not have any situational awareness at all.

In fact we harp on that all the time here too.

No way am I telling y'all the stupid things that I did as a kid - you might respect me moreo_O. Or less:D:p

Yeah, I don't think you're gonna top getting whacked in the head with a fullsize WWII sub though. :D

@IheartSig That's about how Bowfin got me over at Pearl, too... tour guide had me strap into one of the flak-gunner stations while I waited for it to shake off--old guy'd been there a couple times himself, and knew I was at risk of goin' for an unwilling swim.

Oh, look, found you guys a friend! :D
View attachment 307458
Was snooping around Slickguns looking for deals on mags to start stocking up and one of the linked stores had this guy... to me it looks like a target, and my little buddy Junior would probably call it a chew toy just like those other nasty yellow animated things the Minions, but whatever floats yer boat. :)

(Re Junior: see av.)

Just needs a blue helmet....:rolleyes:

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR