JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Haha:p. Nice;).

My wife is in social work and also works with teens with issues so it may be rubbing off on me some:D.

Go get that neck beard kid on the game and outside till he catches them all or a girlfriend;). Might actually be good for meeting people at that age. I see groups of girls in parks all the time playing the game:rolleyes:

I second this @Stomper, if I was single I'd totally use this game to meet chick's.

Seriously.

It's a social game. Cooroporation and teamwork are rewarded.

Last Edited:
I think the more popular an area, the better your odds of finding more Pokémon. It seems like the rare ones are placed around places where larger groups of people are.

I'm not sure. I just seem to catch the same ones in the same rural type areas I live in and I see way more different types downtown in Portland.

Yea i read that somewhere on the internet too. No pokemons at the house but when I go somewhere populated they start showing. What stuff are you getting in Portland? The woman loves Portland so I was thinking about a surprise road trip or something.

Lots of flying and grass types. The Zoo here is evidently a great place to go as many exhibits are also pokestops and there are people everywhere using lures and incense which apparently multiplies and works for everyone in the area regardless of level.

Essentially you have people from all levels attracting all kinds of Pokémon at all levels.

Yea that's how it is here too, you have the lure "hot spots" and it's nice to have 4 poke stops all in range with lures out. I think a train trip to Oregon is the next date day.

A good waterfront walk will get you the water types - had an extra 45 min before picking up the wife and the kid really perked up when I said "Do you want to stop at the waterfront before we pick up your mom?". You'd think I bought her a car....:rolleyes:

She's in college and was daddy's girl before middle school but since then she and her mom are much closer the she and I. So I'm happy to have anything that will get me some attention.

Parks seem to be popular as well, if it's a popular park in the area. Certainly I would imagine like Fishermans Wharf would be a spot by you? Have you been there or over to the space needle? I bet they both have rarer Pokémon around them.

A good waterfront walk will get you the water types - had an extra 45 min before picking up the wife and the kid really perked up when I said "Do you want to stop at the waterfront before we pick up your mom?". You'd think I bought her a car....:rolleyes:

She's in college and was daddy's girl before middle school but since then she and her mom are much closer the she and I. So I'm happy to have anything that will get me some attention.

Dude it's been a great thing for my son and I as well. He's seven now and he is happy as ever to go hunting for them with me. He really enjoys it and we are outside having fun together. I'll take what I can get.

I didn't even know pokemon was still around. I never really knew what is was.

I don't do fad games or stuff anymore.
I used to play on a recess league dodgeball team (got the nickname, the Headhunter) in portland and it was about as fad as I could get. Played for a couple years and one season on the kickball league (home run champ I might add)

But it was full of the usual portland types. Just not my group of people.

Me and my car pool partner drove from our job site down the the stadiums and I did pick up a few new ones but nothing I wasn't about to evolve anyways. Haven't been to the space needle since the game has came out though. Usually once were off we try to get out before the traffic gets real bad. I've noticed since the update has came out there are some pokemon popping up that were new or that I have only got in the 10km eggs before.

I think it's great, think about it, it had gotten so many more people out and walking around, supporting local businesses and bringing families and relationships closer. The only downside I see are those bubblegumheads that were "luring" people to those pokestops and robbing them :s0029:

I think it's great, think about it, it had gotten so many more people out and walking around, supporting local businesses and bringing families and relationships closer. The only downside I see are those bubblegumheads that were "luring" people to those pokestops and robbing them :s0029:
I agree. Well said.

That's the claim touted by many, but what I've seen all around Portland is a bunch of people with no situational awareness staring at their phones in public. Groups of people at random places around town, again staring at their phones, not talking or interacting with anyone. The cutesy marketing BS for small businesses about it are just gimmicks. Show me their quarterly activities compared to this time in the last five years. It's a distraction, nothing more. There's no race war in Milwaukee, just keeping catching those little vermin.

I can see where your coming from, but I know at least me that I've talked to new people (wouldn't really call it making friends) but at least small talked. And as far as I'm concerned any distraction to make those black lives matter protests stop is a great thing. We were working a night shift on that last one in Seattle after the Dallas shooting and saw then March and made a break for the freeway entrance, you could just feel how high the tensions were. We were wondering if it was even safe to leave the job or if it was gonna turn into a Rodney King type deal where all these protesters start going after white people.

Pokémon Go was clearly just a tool of evil manipulation.

To get people to leave their hoses, spend money locally if at all, force people of different races and backgrounds to congregate, communicate and allow everyone involved to have at least ONE common interest to get the ball rolling.

How dare they.

I won't pretend they aren't making money, that it's not a buisness out to make profit.

I've seen people do far worse things for much less profit.

I find it amusing that the Stomper Pokemon character somewhat reflects my personality disposition... aside from being a cartoon character.

As far as those baby steps... best start with some Gerber Gradutes in a large glass jar if you want my attention!

:p

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads