JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The problem is these alternative delivery locations have to be set up separately with the shipper, often we dont know what shipping service the seller will use until we get a tracking order, and if were out of town its not convenient to set up over a cell phone (possble).

Sellers websites should build these options into the checkout process, would be a cool idea.
A lot of smaller vendors are using third party shipping services for their POS back-end themselves. They have basically zero control over what options they have short of changing vendors. They get an order, hit "print shipping label" and out comes the sticker with all their pre-negotiated shipping options selected. And what the customer can do with that package might be very limited, depending on those options. I have had packages that I could not reroute as I was not the owner of the package. If I wanted to change the delivery options for the package I would have to contact the seller and have them make the arrangements. That is often not feasible, so you are stuck with whatever the shipper decides.

The problem is these alternative delivery locations have to be set up separately with the shipper, often we dont know what shipping service the seller will use until we get a tracking order, and if were out of town its not convenient to set up over a cell phone (possble).

Sellers websites should build these options into the checkout process, would be a cool idea.
I'm not sure about others, but for the UPS store deliveries, you simply put in the shipping address of the UPS store, plus your mailbox number.

Also, if call ahead of time, you don't even need to have a mailbox account with them. Just let the store know to expect a package to you. They will receive it and allow you to pick it up. I had this done before I had my mailbox account with them in MT when I needed some stuff, but didn't have an address or anything (we were camping and one of the stabilizing jacks broke. Nobody but etrailer.com had them in stock at the time).

What amazes me is we have a LARGE front porch with a solid wall on either side of the centered entry way. This wall is 30" high. A huge box of Diapers could be placed behind it and never seen from the street or the walkway up to the house or garage. The perfect place for a delivery person to leave a package. And yet without fail USPS UPS FED EX AND AMAZON all leave the packages right smack in front of the front door the only place they can be seen from the street!!!!! WHY To the best of our knowledge we have not lost any packages. But now that the city has rebuilt our street with nice side walks and bike lanes (no one wanted) the foot traffic has increased greatly so I wonder if Porch Pirates are in our future. Plans are to put a security screen door across the opening to the porch maybe I can set it up so that its left open with instructions to close the door when a package is dropped off. Or just leave a decomposing body on the steps. One or the other have to think on it.

I'm not sure about others, but for the UPS store deliveries, you simply put in the shipping address of the UPS store, plus your mailbox number.

Also, if call ahead of time, you don't even need to have a mailbox account with them. Just let the store know to expect a package to you. They will receive it and allow you to pick it up. I had this done before I had my mailbox account with them in MT when I needed some stuff, but didn't have an address or anything (we were camping and one of the stabilizing jacks broke. Nobody but etrailer.com had them in stock at the time).
Yes, its just more work to set up accounts with all the different shippers.

And then some stores only use other shippers, repeat setup time, log in passwords etc. Etc.

If only we could trap porch pirates. If only they would ge prosecuted...

Yes, its just more work to set up accounts with all the different shippers.

And then some stores only use other shippers, repeat setup time, log in passwords etc. Etc.

If only we could trap porch pirates. If only they would ge prosecuted...
Again, for the UPS Store, the shipper DOES NOT matter. They will accept packages from all of them.

I know with at least Amazon you can leave them instructions of where on the property to leave the packages.
We had it set up for them to leave our packages in the bed of our pickup truck for a while as we were not always here.
That option only sucks when it is raining out....

Now I work from home and am usually here to get the packages.

I have motion sensors and cameras, but last year I also added security doors and window. I never liked the feeling that someone could be inside my bedroom within seconds with just a rock to smash out the glass.

I also took out all those tiny screws in all my hinges and door hardware, and replaced them with 3 1/2" screws that go all the way into 2"x4"s.

Then I added barricade brackets to the back door in my garage, and to my front door which never gets used.

I unplug my electric garage door opener, and add a rod into the garage door tracks so they can't be opened from the outside.

Barricade Brackets.jpg

Again, for the UPS Store, the shipper DOES NOT matter. They will accept packages from all of them.
The problem that I've run into is when a shipper has designated "no re-direct" on the buyer's shipping address.
This is a more and more a problem with all of the shippers.
The only solution that I have found is to do a Vacation Hold and then go get the parcel.

The other problem is that some (most) shipper stores or hubs will not hold ammo.

The problem that I've run into is when a shipper has designated "no re-direct" on the buyer's shipping address.
This is a more and more a problem with all of the shippers.
The only solution that I have found is to do a Vacation Hold and then go get the parcel.

The other problem is that some (most) shipper stores or hubs will not hold ammo.
There's no redirect necessary. When you're checking out, you use the UPS Store address as your shipping address. It goes directly there.

Would be nice, sadly there is so damn many places offering now that I would not really hold out much hope here for it to become universal. For those who live in say an apartment? Probably the "best" option for them would be one of those places that "rent you" a mail box. No idea what they cost now days but if someone buys often? Probably be worth the piece of mind knowing the stuff would still be there when they go to pick it up at least. Still of course sad people have to jump through hoops just to keep the scum from stealing their stuff but I guess it is what it is. Don't really see the "law" cracking down on this crap anytime soon. 🤬

Now that would be too cool! I had no idea they did this. Nice way to make sure your stuff will be waiting for you instead of packed off by some scum.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top