JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm thinking of making some of this for my next trip to the woods :)

How well does it keep in a warm car on the way up, cooler recommended? Any other tips?

When I watch gel test vids, I am much much less interested in some amateur's opinion of the "wound channels" and more interested in how far it penetrates compared to other loads, and the real issue for me is not the bullet's effects on the gel, but the gel's effect on the bullet; i.e., did the bullet expand? Did it fragment? What is the mass of the bullet compared to before it was shot?

Much of this can be tested with simple water in a barrel, shooting down into the barrel - although, it has been noted that some bullets that don't expand in "clear gel" do expand in water - but then I have seen test vids where expansion varied quite a bit between "clear" gel and real ballistics gel - i.e., the bullet expanded in the latter, but not the former.

When I watch gel test vids, I am much much less interested in some amateur's opinion of the "wound channels" and more interested in how far it penetrates compared to other loads, and the real issue for me is not the bullet's effects on the gel, but the gel's effect on the bullet; i.e., did the bullet expand? Did it fragment? What is the mass of the bullet compared to before it was shot?

Much of this can be tested with simple water in a barrel, shooting down into the barrel - although, it has been noted that some bullets that don't expand in "clear gel" do expand in water - but then I have seen test vids where expansion varied quite a bit between "clear" gel and real ballistics gel - i.e., the bullet expanded in the latter, but not the former.
Water is a great way to just destroy expanding bullets IMO. There's nothing to be learned from fragmenting a bullet into tiny pieces.
The biggest issue with most of the tests you see on YouTube, is not enough gelatin to catch the bullet. As well as shooting the blocks too many times. For a real test with any sort of repeatable results they should line up 10-20 blocks and hit them each with 1 round.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top