JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was gonna do another, "hey help me find this" thread, but instead maybe I'd start the continuous "hey help me find this" thread.

In other words, if your Googling isn't working the best, you are lazy, or just curious if anyone knows if something exists or not.

I'll start, does anyone know of a brand or company that makes a pencil weight barrel with a fixed sight block? Bonus points if it's midlength.

You didn't specify length, spikes will pin a fsb on to any of there's and they have a lightweight 14.5 with midlength gas. Shorter is lighter to lol
I'll check this out. A pinned brake and I'd be good to go.

Have you looked at the "fixed" carbine stocks? I think they are similar length of pull...usually come with a couple of spacers to adjust.
Fantastic suggestion. I have seen those, they look short but not quite like the A2 entry. The closest thing I've found to the LOP is the Ace skeleton stock, but for aesthetic purposes the short A2 is what I'm specifically after. Finding one seems to be a type of John Wick "impossible task".

That's actually insanely close to what I'd consider for a substitute. I didn't even realize there was an ultra compact adjustable entry stock like that. I've never heard of that particular before, nothing comes up on it when I looked for other alternatives.

I've now saved it should the A2 not pan out.

Thank you!

*Edit*
In this new google image search with the lwrci key item name, I've now just discovered the "Troy battle axe stock", not as streamlined, but another option for those hunting for the ultra compact entry stock option.

That's actually insanely close to what I'd consider for a substitute. I didn't even realize there was an ultra compact adjustable entry stock like that. I've never heard of that particular before, nothing comes up on it when I looked for other alternatives.

I've now saved it should the A2 not pan out.

Thank you!

*Edit*
In this new google image search with the lwrci key item name, I've now just discovered the "Troy battle axe stock", not as streamlined, but another option for those hunting for the ultra compact entry stock option.
Well if that don't work out there is this.

Well if that don't work out there is this.

I've emailed Model 1, they haven't updated their site but they no longer have the entry level A2's.

I think the LWRCI stock is actually the closest possible solution to what I'm after. Truly.
So thank you for that heads up, I've never seen that stock before.

I've emailed Model 1, they haven't updated their site but they no longer have the entry level A2's.

I think the LWRCI stock is actually the closest possible solution to what I'm after. Truly.
So thank you for that heads up, I've never seen that stock before.
So the webpage isn't live inventory? I was able to add it to cart. While I've never bought from them I'm fairly certain they are legitimate.

So the webpage isn't live inventory? I was able to add it to cart. While I've never bought from them I'm fairly certain they are legitimate.
Yep! I emailed them I believe only a few months ago and then about a year before that before ordering due to a blurb on AR15 forum mentioning that a lot of items are not in stock but are on the site as if they were.

Now, in the few months since my email they may have got some in, which would be amazing, but as per the last email I had with them they had mentioned they didn't know if/when any new stock would come in. Made it sound like it was all done.

If you are actually able to order one, I'll legitimately halt everything I'm doing and order one ASAP since it's been a dream project part for my SBR, haha

@Reno I like the idea of your thread, but I suspect people will still continue to make individual threads of what they're looking for. Your thread title, for example....I had no idea you were looking for a pencil barrel and might have actually clicked past it. I think having a clear concise threed title does more for people's search efforts than a general "catch all".

Just my opinion, let's see how this goes. :)

@Reno I like the idea of your thread, but I suspect people will still continue to make individual threads of what they're looking for. Your thread title, for example....I had no idea you were looking for a pencil barrel and might have actually clicked past it. I think having a clear concise threed title does more for people's search efforts than a general "catch all".

Just my opinion, let's see how this goes. :)
I agree. If you have good idea for one I'm all ears. Could make it sticky too if it works well.

I agree. If you have good idea for one I'm all ears. Could make it sticky too if it works well.
I think individual threads probably work best to help members find what they are looking for. But again, let's see how this thread evolves.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top