JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've emailed Model 1, they haven't updated their site but they no longer have the entry level A2's.

I think the LWRCI stock is actually the closest possible solution to what I'm after. Truly.
So thank you for that heads up, I've never seen that stock before.
If you want a fixed length look up ace doublestar entry length. I have an extra one I can part with

Who makes really lightweight scopes? I'm looking at the leupold FX2 Ultra Light Weight for my kids rimfire as he didn't do too well benched with a red dot. I don't want a ton of weight.

Oh and this is the face you make when you learn that your kid is left handed and left eye dominant and you spent over $400 in tax stamps alone on his RIGHT HANDED gun!

1681745072792.jpeg

Who makes really lightweight scopes? I'm looking at the leupold FX2 Ultra Light Weight for my kids rimfire as he didn't do too well benched with a red dot. I don't want a ton of weight.

Oh and this is the face you make when you learn that your kid is left handed and left eye dominant and you spent over $400 in tax stamps alone on his RIGHT HANDED gun!

View attachment 1405997
At 6.5oz…you'd better list an upper weight limit for your thoughts because if it's 6.5oz…I don't think anything else really comes close to the FX2.

View attachment 1405997
He'll adapt.....heck, I didnt get my first left handed gun until after I turned 40....it still feels "weird"..😂

At 6.5oz…you'd better list an upper weight limit for your thoughts because if it's 6.5oz…I don't think anything else really comes close to the FX2.
I'm just not aware of any others. Weight is not a filter on any websites either. Just looking for options.
He'll adapt.....heck, I didnt get my first left handed gun until after I turned 40....it still feels "weird"..😂
Knowing this early, I'd rather get him to use what feels more correct. When I gave him the option to shoot left handed he did better, and it looked far less straining. It's hard for him being so young with so little life experiences and only seeing everyone use things from a right handed perspective. He naturally wants to use his rifle right handed as he has only seen me do it that way. He really is just too young to know. In other words, I'm hoping to avoid what you experienced, especially as there are far more left handed guns more than ever before.

I'm just not aware of any others. Weight is not a filter on any websites either. Just looking for options.

Knowing this early, I'd rather get him to use what feels more correct. When I gave him the option to shoot left handed he did better, and it looked far less straining. It's hard for him being so young with so little life experiences and only seeing everyone use things from a right handed perspective. He naturally wants to use his rifle right handed as he has only seen me do it that way. He really is just too young to know. In other words, I'm hoping to avoid what you experienced, especially as there are far more left handed guns more than ever before.
The flip side, we live in a right handed world, learning to deal with that will make him more well rounded, not just with guns too...
My son is right handed for most things, but we found out early in little league that he threw lefty...so I had to go buy new gloves 🙄
Shooting wise, I let him try both right and left...he actually switches between no problem, which while weird, works for him.

I have a few Lefty AR uppers with one or them built out as an 8" 7.62x39. The other two were/arenspares for future builds. I also have a Ruger 10/22 Competition lefty. While I really enjoyed having the brass ejecting out the left, I did miss the visual ability to see into the chamber that a right handed gun provided.

The 7.62x39 has been shelved for sometime (lack of cheap ammo and interest) and I'm too habituated to my S&W 15-22 that the lefty 10/22 will never replace it for (speed steel) match duty. As such, It has been relegated to collecting dust in the safe.

In short, the novelty has worn off. I do like having lefty options available as a whole though….

I have been thinking about building a lefty AR .22lr SBR upper. That's a back burner project for the time being. We shall see. Lol

Not too familiar with this brand but weight is on point and it's variable.

The flip side, we live in a right handed world, learning to deal with that will make him more well rounded, not just with guns too...
agree, ask any experienced martial arts trainer, will tell you to train equally in left hand and right hand tactics.

As far as an UL scope Id go with that Leupold and be done with it. In my experience other brands in the same money class eventually get traded or sold or broken, but even the cheapest Leupolds find their way to a new addition to the safe.

agree, ask any experienced martial arts trainer, will tell you to train equally in left hand and right hand tactics.

As far as an UL scope Id go with that Leupold and be done with it. In my experience other brands in the same money class eventually get traded or sold or broken, but even the cheapest Leupolds find their way to a new addition to the safe.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the Leupold. No one has one in stock currently, even reached out to leupold, they said they are a low manufacture item so if it's out everywhere it might be till the next run. He didn't specify when that would be though. Many places allow back order so I might just do that.

So I ended up with the rimfire fixed scope from Leupold. Found out Warne makes aluminum rings these days and I ordered a set of lows. Total weight should be 9ish ounces.

I hear you all on teaching him to shoot right handed guns. That's all I got so he is sort of screwed until I invest in some lefties. CZ has the 457 in lefty now and it's on the short list of things to buy as he gets older.

Looking for a low power to mid range lightweight optic in mil that has an adjustable elevation turret.

A forged slickside (no FA. No deflector, no dust cover) fixed carry handle with A2 rear sight assembly? :s0140: :s0064:

Edit, I know there's the A1 slick, A1 FA, C7A1/A2 with Field sight with both deflector and FA, the Anderson slickside flat top, Aero Precision M4 no FA uppers.... and the billet stuff

I've never had one, and turned down every opportunity to add one. I've been shooting since I was 10 and 50 isn't too far away.....I wouldn't even know how to mount a lefty rifle. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top