JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
not a problem, i imagine someone has been there already, so there should be some ruts in the snow... here in town we have about a foot accumulated since the snow started, i imagine there will be more up there

well, heres a few pics of memaloose, as well as the road going to fish creek. i didnt make it to the pit at memaloose, as my tires were sliding going up hill, so i turned around at the turnout before the guardrail...
here is hwy 224 outside estacada...
and crossing over memaloose bridge...

further up memaloose...

and here is the entrance to fish creek

looks like by next weekend I might be able to get up there in the car if it keeps melting and doesn't snow up their. Does anyone know the altitude at the quary at mem? Thanks for sharing what you found

I just ventured up to larch mountain today and the snow was still all over the place. I found a good place to stop and shoot- freezing my nads off. The wife came with me and shot my Ruger Mark III (I think she has taken ownership of that one).

It is never too cold or wet to go shooting. People need to train in all conditions. Whether you are in combat, hunting, or using in a survival situation it is good to be trained well enough that you can use your weapon in any condition.

We didn't stay for a long time (I would've stayed longer but my wife was a popsicle) but it was nice after so many snow/rain days to get out and shoot! It was pretty nice up there at Larch mountain- but I wouldn't reccommend the drive if you don't have a good offroad vehicle right now (it is a rough trail and quite slippery)

Was at the Tacoma Rifle and Revolver club yesterday...

After 30 rounds my usual 1" groups were 3" at 100 yards so I decided I'd wasted enough ammo for the cause of being a cold-weather sport and called it a day.

It was good to keep in practice but am looking forward to this Saturday which is predicted to be much warmer and maybe not raining!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top