JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been itching to go out. I got a gsg 5 about two weeks ago and I've only shot it once. but I think the regular shooting spots are probably not too easy to get to. guess we gotta wait

I've been up in the air about hitting up the range all week. It's close enough to my house, but up in the hills, and the roads don't get much love from any snow plows. One thing I do know is I'd be a lot happier shooting than searching the interweb for my next optics purchases.

Rain, ice, snow, severe winds, freezing temperatures.
I encountered all of them to a severe degree up on the coast range at least twice in the past two weeks on such outings. Was great practice in severe weather, and I plan on going again this week.

Regardless of the weather, the weapons I have available should and do know no difference. It's one of my main points I consider when reviewing a potential purchase.

If anybody will brave the weather, I'm all for a trip out.

"We ain't training unless it's raining!" In the last 12 years OFA has never canceled a class and only once did we not train and that was because of 45+ MPH winds made it too dangerous. Head'n out right now at 0518 to work with a privat e group and then if there is still enough light to do some blasting 'me self'.

wekll, just measured and... 7 inches so far and no stopping. i dont think the lil lasdy will let me go to memaloose tommorow... thank got im stocked up on jagermeister

Went to CVSC range at Dundee this morning for the monthly members meeting.
Ran a box+ through the wifes new 9mm 1911 Single Stack gun. Maybe 6 inches
on the ground.

We hosted a private group up at OFA all day...Rick, who was the Rangemaster today, decided to give the group a little surprize and switched over to his Santa Rangemaster attire....and we didn't think SWAT Snipers have a sensitive side :D

santa.jpg

As you can see behind him is the classroom and "No Name City" the Simulator village...all the snow melted by the time this photo was taken. But it was a soaking wet day - all day.

Weather usually does not stop me unless it is bitterly cold - autos don't function well below freezing but I enjoy shooting black powder in the winter - great hang time for the smoke on a calm day. We have about 12" here in LaPine and I was on my quad most of the day getting my property cleaned up but some friends was to go out later today, start a fire, ride quads in the snow and tow kids around and I will probably bring a couple of guns and pop off a few rounds.

the ammo prices are as good as any bimart at regualr cost. I thought they may be slightly inflated so I called them and priced out what I shoot over the phone with one of the guys there, and I was shocked. they are accross the board with .45 ,9mm 22LR and 40sw. you really arent paying for anything other than range use outside of what it cost you to anywhere in the woods. And whats nice is they really keep the unsafe people out of there.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top