JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What the lying progressive Marxists who wrote the article don't say is what that number is compared to the total number of BGC's. It's typical deceptive agenda driven journalism.

And I would wager of those 300,000 denied transfers, that there were fewer than 200 prosecutions for the crime of falsely completing the paperwork.
"In 2017, just 12 of the 112,000 people denied a gun purchase, about 0.01%, were federally prosecuted, largely due to limited resources for the time-intensive investigations, according to a U.S. Government Accountability Office report."

Also doesn't say of those 300k how many were ultimately approved. I sold a pistol to a guy I'll call, Robert Smith. Guess what happened? After 2 fails a phone call cleared it up within the hour. Now, those 2 fails should be corrected to zero. He was just a guy with a common name.

In past years, reports have shown that 20-25% of denials are mistakes. If that's what the FBI admitted, it's probably even higher. With record purchases/checks, the error rate is likely even higher than previously estimated or acknowledged.

The linked article says "About 42% of those denials were because the would-be buyers had felony convictions on their records."

Doesn't mention what the other 58% of denials were for, which is the big question. On further reading from the article (citing a highly biased source) ...

"Everytown's (For Gun Control added by me) research found that 16% of would-be gun buyers in 2020 were prohibited by state law, like the extreme-risk protection orders or red-flag laws passed in several states. Another 12% were related to domestic violence, either people subject to a protective order or convicted of a misdemeanor domestic violence crime."

The 58% of denials, less the 16% and 12% cited by Everytown (Gun Control Group) leaves a 30% error rate of persons improperly denied or delayed.

Last Edited:
As I happen to share a name with a local meth dealer... I've had major delays in the past, but no denials. Though after I started included my SS # (optional btw) I've had no delays.

Last Edited:
Their new half-azzed talking point.

What they don't mention is that if you remove false/positives and errors made at one end or the other, the number drops by HUNDREDS of thousands... I've heard that it's well under 100,000. With 7-8 million first-timers, it's very likely that a good number are prohibited and didn't even know it because the media has told them that there are no restrictions.
None will be prosecuted.

Watch the MSM run with it now.

I feel safer knowing that people who can't pass the test won't be getting a gat. If you fail at medical school are you being denied your right to the American dream? Or are you rightfully denied in order to protect others? Hmmm.
When I sold guns I used to point those denied folks over to the private sale area at the gunshows--criminals are armed, so why not the rest of the folks seeking guns?

I feel safer knowing that people who can't pass the test won't be getting a gat. If you fail at medical school are you being denied your right to the American dream? Or are you rightfully denied in order to protect others? Hmmm.
You don't have the right to practice medicine. You do have the right to defend yourself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top