JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ukraine has been drafting 4F-caliber men for some time now. Presently they are calling up women, old guys and kids @17 y.o.. Russia is calling up another huge number of men for the next draft. Far from running out of gear, the Russian military industry is cranking out ever-larger amounts of weapons and war-stuffs.. The sanctions by and large have been a fail. The much-vaunted "Summer Offensive" never occurred in any palpable sense. NATO allies seem unable or unwilling to do much besides lip-service. Sugar-daddy USA has other fish to fry in the middle east... all this talk of snipers and incredible shots is, in an old Ukrainian manner of speech "A pound of smoke".
Seems as if the war is moving inexorably to it's final phase..

The kill count doesn't matter, Ukraine is running out of (prime) fighting aged men.

The only thing that would save Ukraine (in theory) is WMD's…. it's simple math applied to manpower attrition rates and reserves, but the introduction of WMD's would also unleash Putin to use WMD's and Ukraine would become a glowing radioactive stain within a few hours.
Possibly, but I have serous questions about Russia's nuclear capability too. They have been a kleptocracy for so long it is entirely possible that their nuclear stockpile is a paper tiger, just like most of their "combat capable" military was. Remember, they supposedly had a billion tanks ready to roll, then it turns out all they had was a billion rusting hulks because all the money to run them had been siphoned away to pay for super yachts and privately held foreign investments. Are we really so sure that the exact same kind of "military investment" didn't happen to the nuclear arsenal too? Especially when that arsenal was supposed to be a deterrent only and never actually be used.

Possibly, but I have serous questions about Russia's nuclear capability too. They have been a kleptocracy for so long it is entirely possible that their nuclear stockpile is a paper tiger, just like most of their "combat capable" military was. Remember, they supposedly had a billion tanks ready to roll, then it turns out all they had was a billion rusting hulks because all the money to run them had been siphoned away to pay for super yachts and privately held foreign investments. Are we really so sure that the exact same kind of "military investment" didn't happen to the nuclear arsenal too? Especially when that arsenal was supposed to be a deterrent only and never actually be used.
Not a sensible argument IMO. Ostensibly they have enough to destroy the world several times over, so even if they actually only have a fraction of what's claimed, it would easily be enough.

As long as one Ukrainian still breathes they are winning.
And as long as 1 Ukrainian still breaths the U.S. will send billions to Ukraine. Because national security.
Russia must be a mighty military power because we just heard the president say that if we don't give Zelensky and his buds another $100 billion Putin will not only win the war but also take over all of Europe as well as threaten U.S. national security. So, the supposedly inept, corrupt, weak, over rated, obsolete and demoralized Russian military must be better than we thought.

And as long as 1 Ukrainian still breaths the U.S. will send billions to Ukraine. Because national security.
PickMe.gif

For the "I don't click links" folks The money is not going to Ukraine, STUFF is going to Ukraine and the money is being spent (mostly) here supporting 'Merican companies and 'Merican jobs

For the "I don't click links" folks The money is not going to Ukraine, STUFF is going to Ukraine and the money is being spent (mostly) here supporting 'Merican companies and 'Merican jobs
No so. We are essentially funding their entire government, paying government salaries and funding their social security system, among other things.. Tell me how that helps American workers.

"The government of Ukraine is using the money to pay government salaries, meet pension obligations, maintain hospitals and schools, and protect critical infrastructure, the State Department representative said."

"In addition, the administration is devoting about $1 billion from the first and second Ukraine supplemental appropriations to support the Ukrainian government's continuity of operations at the national, regional and local levels, support for the health sector, agricultural production, civil society, programs to hold Russia and its forces accountable for their actions in Ukraine."

Pay attention, Vinnie.

Pay attention, Vinnie.
I do pay attention, like I was super excited to see this :D

But that's the thing about this non firearm political topic, some of you are going get all freaked out over that and start pounding out a long post and telling me I'm wrong, that they are arresting the wrong guy, that it's just more proof that they are corrupt and on and on and on . . .

Don't bother.

I'm not going change your mind, you are not going change mine, and in the end this conversation on here does nothing to support 2a and promote responsible firearm ownership which is why we are supposed to be here

Soooooo.....
There was this Ukrainian who took up pest control as a career....and shot a invasive species at over two miles...
At least, according to folks that have a track record of making up outlandish tales of heroism that don't stand up to scrutiny.

So in short, no, there probably wasn't.

At least, according to folks that have a track record of making up outlandish tales of heroism that don't stand up to scrutiny.

So in short, no, there probably wasn't.
I really don't care whether it is a true story or not....It does not matter to me...
Ain't my story or war...nor will it make or break my day if it is true or not.
Kinda like how I don't care if you or anyone else thinks that it happened or not.

What I do care about is that the so called discussion here is about the OP topic...
And not going into topics that are divisive and against forum rules.
Andy

Last Edited:
The shooter, 58 yr old Kovalskiy, used a single-shot rifle chambered in the custom 12.7x114 HL that shoots a 750gr needle to over 4,000fps.

Very plausible, but never underestimate those sneaky PHUKIN' Russians….

Putin only needs ONE working nuke to make his point.

Last Edited:
FAaFO.....
Anyway, Russia isn't going to nuke Ukraine- for several reasons. Not the least of which is- the winds would carry a lot of fall-out into western Russia. They had enuff trouble cleaning up Chernobyl, not to mention the "international public relations fallout" resulting from such an act.. They have no need to do so, however tempting it might be to smoke Zelensky's a-double- s, they are already winning. If they stay the course, Kiev will collapse.

Last Edited:
Massive Sledge Hammer vs Unbreakable Stone, the end, when ever it comes, will be the Last man standing over the massive piles of brass and bodies, end of story!
Russia dosn't loose, EVER, nether do the Ukrainians, see Stalingrad, so,............................

Massive Sledge Hammer vs Unbreakable Stone, the end, when ever it comes, will be the Last man standing over the massive piles of brass and bodies, end of story!
Russia dosn't loose, EVER, nether do the Ukrainians, see Stalingrad, so,............................
Historically, Ukraine has lost to Russia/USSR several times, including the Russian civil war, when Ukraine briefly declared independence, not to mention during (and for awhile after) the nazi incursion when the Banderites fought against the USSR and lost big time. It is true that generally Russia doesnt lose, altho Afghanistan didnt work out well for them. I suspect that chunks of eastern Ukraine- Russian-majority areas- will be rejoined to Russia. The rump western Ukraine, we shall see. Poland may be there to pick up the pieces.
Stalingrad was a Russian victory pure and simple, due in no small part to German/Hitler incompetence.

The kill count doesn't matter, Ukraine is running out of (prime) fighting aged men.

The only thing that would save Ukraine (in theory) is WMD's…. it's simple math applied to manpower attrition rates and reserves, but the introduction of WMD's would also unleash Putin to use WMD's and Ukraine would become a glowing radioactive stain within a few hours.
I assume at some point, Putin might neutron bomb Ukraine

Historically, Ukraine has lost to Russia/USSR several times, including the Russian civil war, when Ukraine briefly declared independence, not to mention during (and for awhile after) the nazi incursion when the Banderites fought against the USSR and lost big time. It is true that generally Russia doesnt lose, altho Afghanistan didnt work out well for them. I suspect that chunks of eastern Ukraine- Russian-majority areas- will be rejoined to Russia. The rump western Ukraine, we shall see. Poland may be there to pick up the pieces.
Stalingrad was a Russian victory pure and simple, due in no small part to German/Hitler incompetence.
Hitler's "incompetence" was due to being delusional, the Wehrmacht's "incompetence" was due to a fanatical loyalty to (or abject fear of) Hitler and his regime.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top