JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lol. While I know your not a fan. I truly enjoy shooting 22lr. Yesterday I probably did 500-600 rounds through my bolt action. The firing pin got so gunked up it stopped working.

I can literally spend all day at the silhouette range plinking steel targets from 25-200 yards.

If it counts, I did shoot my lever gun in 38 special for maybe 100 rounds.

Lever action .38? You have my attention. :D

We have all had a few firearms we can't necessarily be proud of but most of us have at least one, so let's show them off, bring them into the light of day so we don't have to keep our shame hidden. Mine happens to be a Hi-Point but I've owned others.

Meh, I'd take that puppy to the range just for the comedic value.

The real story here is how you ended up with that... beauty.

I don't keep junk either. I have unique formerly useful/quality/interesting stuff. But no junk...

One cool item I got years ago was a authentic WWII single action break open flare gun. Can't even really get flares for it anymore but it's really really cool.

I wouldn't buy a highpoint and if I were given one I'd sell or trade it off... sorry, no HPs, Lorcins, Rossis, etc. for me.

I don't keep junk either. I have unique formerly useful/quality/interesting stuff. But no junk...

One cool item I got years ago was a authentic WWII single action break open flare gun. Can't even really get flares for it anymore but it's really really cool.

I wouldn't buy a highpoint and if I were given one I'd sell or trade it off... sorry, no HPs, Lorcins, Rossis, etc. for me.

I love it when I can finally agree with someone! :p

I will admit to still owning about 10 Taurus handguns, and was an early adopter in my gun buying life (back when it was a sellers market). Several are copies of proven designs, SW revolvers and Beretta 92F. The remainder are their older and generally well-designed hammer fired in-house designs which they foolishly killed off. No value in selling any of them. Probably couldn't get an average of $200 each. So no point. And they are generally good guns.

But I would not buy anything with a Taurus brand today at anything beyond lunch money prices. That company has been run into the ground for many reasons. They destroyed their brand with the terrible handling of their NINE GUN MODEL recall. And they killed off too many popular guns. And destroyed their only saving grace, the lifetime warranty. It's now 1 year and non-transferable. And so much has changed in the gun industry, and innovation, and wide range of guns and companies with excellent affordable guns, and a glut of excellent low priced used guns from 10 great companies making Taurus a HARD PASS today...

I will admit to still owning about 10 Taurus handguns, and was an early adopter in my gun buying life (back when it was a sellers market). Several are copies of proven designs, SW revolvers and Beretta 92F. The remainder are their older and generally well-designed hammer fired in-house designs which they foolishly killed off. No value in selling any of them. Probably couldn't get an average of $200 each. So no point. And they are generally good guns.

But I would not buy anything with a Taurus brand today at anything beyond lunch money prices. That company has been run into the ground for many reasons. They destroyed their brand with the terrible handling of their NINE GUN MODEL recall. And they killed off too many popular guns. And destroyed their only saving grace, the lifetime warranty. It's now 1 year and non-transferable. And so much has changed in the gun industry, and innovation, and wide range of guns and companies with excellent affordable guns, and a glut of excellent low priced used guns from 10 great companies making Taurus a HARD PASS today...

Twice in a row! WTF, is it a full moon or something?

:s0140:

I own nothing of the sort.

No mopeds/guilty pleasures in the back of the safe. Fun to ride but don't get caught on one by your friends.

Maybe one of the Henry's when sitting next to the Rossi. Big variance of class there.

No mopeds/guilty pleasures in the back of the safe. Fun to ride but don't get caught on one by your friends.

I've heard that saying before, but it wasn't about mopeds........well it was comparing them to something/one else.

:s0140:

I don't have any junk guns in my gun safe(s) but I do hide an old glock Tupperware case that a friend left in my garage several years ago behind my tool box. I don't want to be seen as a tacticool type, . I do keep an air rifle in one safe though, because it's worth nearly $5k! It's my daughter's Olympic Walther one.

The ones in the back are heirlooms, they are back their because they don't get shot as much.

That hipoint would be more of a back of the junk drawer or a toilet bowl tank in a bag type gun. Maybe in the tool chest in case I can't find my hammer.
Toilet bowl tank gun! That's hilarious. Unless a person keeps a stash everywhere I guess.

I don't have anything in my safe that I'm ashamed to own, though I'm sure I have a few that gun snobs would look down their noses at.

My interests are eclectic: some newer guns, a lot of older ones. I have a lot of .22s (I like .22s), as well as more "manly" guns like .45-70, M1 Garand, .44 Magnum, etc..

There might even be an RG-10 in there, a gun that makes a Hi-Point seem like a real quality piece. I'm not ashamed to own it though. It's a piece of history, even if it is a piece of junk. :)

I wouldn't feel bad about owning a Hi-Point, if someone gave me one. Guns like that aren't my thing, but by all accounts they are quite functional, compared to some junk guns of the past.

We have all had a few firearms we can't necessarily be proud of but most of us have at least one, so let's show them off, bring them into the light of day so we don't have to keep our shame hidden. Mine happens to be a Hi-Point but I've owned others.

View attachment 641621

I was going to say "YOU WIN!!"

Then I saw this...and thought, wait? No, you still win!

Owned this briefly just because.

I have issues.

Mostly thought it would be a unique thing in time, and it probably still will be, considering the company went under and there were only a handful ever made.

View attachment 641672
:D

"Our" back of the safe gun would probably be the Ruger SR-9. I convinced Wifey to buy it at a METRO gun show, late on a Sunday. They had dropped more money off it at that time. It probably hasn't had 50 rounds put through it. Bought back during the dark days, so you KNOW you'll never get anywhere NEAR what you paid for it if you sold it. So it sits...

Closest thing I have would be a feg ppk knockoff or a star bm 9mm. The Star is actually a pretty decent little piece but the feg while pretty reliable is pretty hard to shoot with any accuracy.
78D43887-C518-42D6-9587-627BCC7D6AAA.jpeg 1E1EBCFD-3C1C-49F8-8E3A-EC494F8DDC04.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top