JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

badguygun1-DMID1-5q8iww5im-640x360.jpg

What's the rest of the story? Was he a prohibited person? Was he dealing? Otherwise I'm not sure what his having guns have to do with anything other than sensationalist BS.

As far as the nerf gun, theres a whole bunch of nintendo, dewalt, milwaukee etc themed paint schemes out there. Often posted right here. Not my thing, but not sure what the big deal is. Especially since he had a decent collection of other guns.

What's the rest of the story? Was he a prohibited person? Was he dealing? Otherwise I'm not sure what his having guns have to do with anything other than sensationalist BS.

As far as the nerf gun, theres a whole bunch of nintendo, dewalt, milwaukee etc themed paint schemes out there. Often posted right here. Not my thing, but not sure what the big deal is. Especially since he had a decent collection of other guns.
He was busted with "Investigators seized cocaine, psilocybin mushrooms and marijuana. Investigators also seized 20 firearms, with pistols, rifles and shotguns among them." Says in the link.

He was busted with "Investigators seized cocaine, psilocybin mushrooms and marijuana. Investigators also seized 20 firearms, with pistols, rifles and shotguns among them." Says in the link.

I know. What's that have to do with guns? In NC is it an enhancement to possess firearms with user quantities of drugs in your own home? Was he dealing? Did he lie on 4473s?

Like I said, what's the rest of the story?

I know. What's that have to do with guns? In NC is it an enhancement to possess firearms with user quantities of drugs in your own home? Was he dealing? Did he lie on 4473s?

This is from 2016 so he has a history of being charged with drug trafficking:

"On Tuesday, the Drug Task Force arrested Damien Alonzo Burch, 31, on 12 felony counts of conspiracy to traffic crack cocaine after a yearlong investigation.

Officers also charged Burch with one felony count of trafficking in cocaine, one felony count of maintaining a dwelling for controlled substances, one felony count of cocaine possession, one felony count of possession with intent to distribute cocaine, one misdemeanor count of marijuana possession up to a half ounce and one misdemeanor count of possession of drug paraphernalia.
The Hickory Police Department assisted the Drug Task Force on Burch's arrest, with investigators and the Department's Special Response Team.

Burch was issued a $2.5 million secured bond."

Source: https://hickoryrecord.com/news/upda...cle_5840214e-fc28-11e5-8772-5fe7816a63ca.html

Was he convicted, who knows, who cares?

You realize that cocaine has no user amount allowed?

also in same article, "Damien Alonzo Burch was arrested and charged with felonious possession of cocaine, felonious possession of mushrooms and misdemeanor possession of marijuana.!" Felonious means that he has intent.

Possessing any amount of cocaine is a felony offense in North Carolina. This is based on its classification as a Schedule II substance. In contrast, marijuana is classified as a Schedule VI substance; the scheduling of illicit substances is determined by the potential level of abuse known about each one.

mushrooms
In North Carolina, Psilocybin, the active psychedelic ingredient in hallucinogenic mushrooms is classified as a Schedule I Controlled Substance under N.C. Gen. Stat. § 90-89(3)(r). There are various crimes that an individual can be charged with regarding the drug of hallucinogenic mushrooms. The crimes listed below are the most common psychedelic mushroom charges that we can help our clients with in NC. Each crime lists the required elements that the State must prove beyond a reasonable doubt and the punishments for conviction of the crime... so is the fact of whether he can legally obtain a firearm or not the issue or is it that he is a drug dealer and was trying to hide a pistol making it look like a toy gun?

If you think he is getting the shaft: https://www.gofundme.com/

No idea. Some decent journalism would just be nice before judgement is made. The only facts given were dude was home, had some drugs, had a gun collection (pictures didn't really look like a gangbangers stash).

I've read posts right here by forum members that have admitted to the same. At face value, seems awfully sensationalist. But that is what gets clicks I guess.

A lot of people on this forum think convicted drug dealers should be allowed to own firearms legally: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/lifetime-gun-bans-for-non-violent-felons.363358/page-4

1) I don't believe that drugs should be illegal any more than I believe full auto guns should require a tax stamp, a 6 month waiting period, etc.

2) We are getting to the point where drug possession will not be a felony, but the opposite is happening with guns.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top