Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Attempted car jacking in Yakima

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by cash$$cow, Dec 22, 2010.

1. cash$$cow

cash$$cow Eastern Wa Member

YAKIMA, Wash. — A 24-year-old man was shot in the hip Tuesday night after refusing to give his vehicle to an armed robber, Yakima police said.
    Hector Martinez was driving north in an alley off of the 600 block of North First Street at about 9:50 p.m. when a man in a black sweater approached and demanded his vehicle, according to a Yakima Police Department news release. The man was shot with an unknown-caliber handgun in the right hip. Police responding to the scene found him stopped at the intersection of First and G streets.
    His injury was not considered life-threatening. The man was taken to a hospital, where he is in satisfactory condition. Police have not yet found the suspect or the weapon.

2. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

something that is not worth fight your life for.

glad his okay.

3. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

The car-jacker must have decided not to sell his gun at the buy back!

4. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

probably never owned the weapon therefore it can't be a "buy back". You can't buy something back that you never owned in the first place. This is assuming the weapon wasn't surplus from the gov't that is.

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
    Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
    NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
    WAC member
    SWWAC member

5. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

**** take my car i needa new one!

6. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

:thumbup:

7. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Just another normal day in yakima. :wiggle:

Apparently the shooting the day before didnt make the news.

8. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

Yakima has a very high crime rate. I hope nobody thinks I am racist here, as I love people from all races, but the Mexican Mafia has a lot of control in Yakima. It's strange but they are setting up a big network in Central and Eastern Washington. There is a big problem with the heroine trade and it seems the new local Heroine distribution center is attracting a lot of customers. A lot of very desperate customers. I wonder why heroine junkies and crackheads tend to be the most violent criminals when chasing their fix. Methheads seem to just steal things when people aren't looking. They are too paranoid to do a carjacking.

Anyhow, I am not liking the news of carjackings so close to home. I remember living in Los Angeles during the carjacking scare. In LA you are not allowed to carry a gun in your car. However, in Yakima, you can. People must remain vigilant.

9. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

They used to burn drug houses down,back in the day.

SSS

10. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

are you saying he should have given him the car, and wouldn't have been shot if he had?

BULLbubblegum. i will never put my life in a criminals hands. he does not dictate if i live or die, based on whether or not i submit to his demands- and without me knowing if it will make the slightest bit of difference. i will always fight.