JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
YAKIMA, Wash. — A 24-year-old man was shot in the hip Tuesday night after refusing to give his vehicle to an armed robber, Yakima police said.
Hector Martinez was driving north in an alley off of the 600 block of North First Street at about 9:50 p.m. when a man in a black sweater approached and demanded his vehicle, according to a Yakima Police Department news release. The man was shot with an unknown-caliber handgun in the right hip. Police responding to the scene found him stopped at the intersection of First and G streets.
His injury was not considered life-threatening. The man was taken to a hospital, where he is in satisfactory condition. Police have not yet found the suspect or the weapon.

The car-jacker must have decided not to sell his gun at the buy back!

probably never owned the weapon therefore it can't be a "buy back". You can't buy something back that you never owned in the first place. This is assuming the weapon wasn't surplus from the gov't that is.

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

Yakima has a very high crime rate. I hope nobody thinks I am racist here, as I love people from all races, but the Mexican Mafia has a lot of control in Yakima. It's strange but they are setting up a big network in Central and Eastern Washington. There is a big problem with the heroine trade and it seems the new local Heroine distribution center is attracting a lot of customers. A lot of very desperate customers. I wonder why heroine junkies and crackheads tend to be the most violent criminals when chasing their fix. Methheads seem to just steal things when people aren't looking. They are too paranoid to do a carjacking.

Anyhow, I am not liking the news of carjackings so close to home. I remember living in Los Angeles during the carjacking scare. In LA you are not allowed to carry a gun in your car. However, in Yakima, you can. People must remain vigilant.

something that is not worth fight your life for.

glad his okay.

are you saying he should have given him the car, and wouldn't have been shot if he had?

BULLbubblegum. i will never put my life in a criminals hands. he does not dictate if i live or die, based on whether or not i submit to his demands- and without me knowing if it will make the slightest bit of difference. i will always fight.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top