JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe when the Governor of California declares a Mandatory Stay at Home order? Basically, California is Officially Quarantined and he will be deploying the Guard! Scary! And, we all know Californian politicians love their power and authority! Of course, they have closed gun stores, as self-defense (you know 2nd Amendment) is not considered essential to your security in a time of crisis.

The title of this thread is: "At what point do we label the Covid - 19 virus a SHTF event?"
I respectfully submit the following as an indicator:

Alien quarantine.jpg

Last Edited:
I've been out of work going through chemo but start going back on Monday. My SHTF point is when citizens of the city I work in plug the sewer system irreparably and it flows freely in the streets. I'm the licensed wastewater operator for the city and it could get ugly. Luckily I'm on a no contact order with any wastewater so I'll be watching the repairs topside.

Cure for extreme cabin fever:

Coronials.PNG
I just love this meme so darned much, I have to post it whenever I can... :s0140:

Ugly? Yep. People are gonna go crazy with extreme cabin fever

I doubt that anybody would restrict the internet, much less shut it down. Too much depends on it, and it would prevent people from working at home.

But, if the internet goes down, I am out of a job, my employers customers can't make orders, my employer would shut down their manufacturing, and they could not ship parts for their product or maintain their product remotely, etc.

Much of the economy would grind to a halt.

Meanwhile, I would be catching up on my work here at home. Spring is coming around, once I get done inside I can go outside and work on the property. I have months worth of work to do.

1) "Earthquakes, hurricanes, a military invasion, a political coup and now a pandemic - seems like my whole life has been going from one SHTF event to the next."
The Book of Revelation unfolds before our very eyes.
2) "This is a lot bigger than a run on toilet paper."
It's looking like the most destructive aspects of this are the 2ndary ones, primarily economic. The actual # of confirmed deaths isn't a whole lot more than a 3-day weekend in Chicago. Given the lack of precedent, nobody has any idea what's going to happen, and uncertainty is what causes economic distress.
3) "Alot of my buddies myself included have been buying or upgrading armor."
Does armor have an expiration date? While rummaging thru boxes of old stuff I found a t-shirt with front and rear panels. After losing 100# I can wear it again. It was not exposed to sunlight or sweat, but I'm wondering if the materials lose integrity over time. Might come in handy.
4) "C) when all this blows over gonnna be lots of noobs at the range"
Hopefully. A lot of them will just park their new talisman of protection out of sight and expect it to ride to their aid in times of trouble.
5) "Meanwhile, I would be catching up on my work here at home."
Yup. Mama & me are getting the garden going for this year. :D Got the seeds started under lights and getting the greenhouse ready for new inhabitants. Store tomatoes really don't make it.

3) "Alot of my buddies myself included have been buying or upgrading armor."
Does armor have an expiration date? While rummaging thru boxes of old stuff I found a t-shirt with front and rear panels. After losing 100# I can wear it again. It was not exposed to sunlight or sweat, but I'm wondering if the materials lose integrity over time. Might come in handy.

Some soft armor does indeed have a expire date. If not exposed to heat it might be OK. Probably still better than nothing, but might be good to buy some more. I was referencing more level 4 rifle plates, expecting increased home invasions.

I meant to reply to this question earlier, but caught up in "massive meme posting" on another thread. Good on ya TJ, for stepping up. ;)

I have a bunch of Level 3A armor, and it's stamped with a date of manufacture and pretty clearly marked with a 5-years-from-manufacture expiration date.
The "soft" armor, meaning constructed of UHMW materials (basically Kevlar), does break down over time, hence the expiry date.
Don't know about Level 4 armor, cuz I never got around to buying any at the time I was "armoring up" with the L3A stuff. Now I wish I had...

I meant to reply to this question earlier, but caught up in "massive meme posting" on another thread. Good on ya TJ, for stepping up. ;)

I have a bunch of Level 3A armor, and it's stamped with a date of manufacture and pretty clearly marked with a 5-years-from-manufacture expiration date.
The "soft" armor, meaning constructed of UHMW materials (basically Kevlar), does break down over time, hence the expiry date.
Don't know about Level 4 armor, cuz I never got around to buying any at the time I was "armoring up" with the L3A stuff. Now I wish I had...

Here you go.

BAO Tactical 4401SH Level IV 10x12 Plate, Standalone, Shooters Cut, Single Curve

Plate carriers in stock at optactical

$240 for the pair of Level 4... Not bad. Gonna hafta git on that... Thanks!

Mass panic, food and medical supply shortages, severe economic decline, sudden large-scale layoffs, hoarding, govt. mandated business shutdowns and activity restrictions, non-critical healthcare shutdown, national guard activations, sick, dead, and dying people around the world, all with no end in sight. In answer to the OP's question, I'd say that point has been reached...

I do want to be clear, however, that I believe the biggest contributor is the reaction to the problem, not the problem itself.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top