JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While we are at it!

Alcohol, What is it good for?

Other than getting people laid. When you drink it, it only benefits you, no one else. Drink enough of it and it can make you stupid, even deadly to yourself and others. We banned it once, even wrote it into the constitution and now we have a permanent reminder with another amendment that prohibition doesn't work. Fact is people make stupid choices and still die, because of alcohol, keywords are PEOPLE and CHOICES

Same applies to firearms, prohibition won't work nor will it make firearms go away.

Modern high capacity semi automatic rifles are probably the best weapon for inflicting deadly force that are legal and economically available to an individual today. Why would I choose a weapon that would be inferior to a potential enemy? If you are in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

They are great for defending yourself against tyranny and a government that wants to take your freedom. And that is the only reason we have the 2nd amendment, not because we need it for hunting or sporting.

They have the Atomic Bomb doofus! You are not going to defend yourself against the government.
They are great for defending yourself against tyranny and a government that wants to take your freedom. And that is the only reason we have the 2nd amendment, not because we need it for hunting or sporting.

Well,I think these threads are sometimes started to bring out the "BECAUSE I CAN!!" crowd,so everyone else can see what looneys we gun folk are.

And I must say,we kept away from that and had some pretty good,legitimate arguments for having ARs and other high capacity firearms.

:s0155::s0155:

As the shootings have brought to light the assault weapon a gun of choice I was curious outside of the obvious 2nd amendment, why Assault Weapons and What are they good for?

Full Auto's are already banned and anyone ever see a semi auto- with Nato-223 spraying out of a 30 round clip will tell you they are destructive. I live my gun and if a gun lover was a thing I am he, I truly love the pure raw power they have and beauty all the same. I have many weapons and not one assault weapon never have and never will.
I personally for me see no use for them.

Which brings me to the forum question, out of the second amendment right to have arms
Why and what purpose do you see for them or think others should have them. I am not asking to rehash the second
this is a strictly ownership and why even get one ?

Just wondered, it can be a hot topic please try and keep a cool head and think about the question it is a serious one to ask as I can not see a good reason for one,( but thats just me) after all they banned full autos because of their destructive nature. What would one argue to keep assault weapons??

Read the 2nd amendment and study its meaning. It's in place to stop a government from becoming corrupt. The word "infringed" is used for a reason.

This was written 4 July, 1776. "That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." I am NOT advocating the overthrow of our government. This post is to answer why, we as Americans have the 2nd amendment.

Reality :

All bantering aside and heated responses from everyone aside, lets be serious here people.

You don't have to lay down and be a sheep, but there is a word for taking arms up against the government. Be clear before you cross it.

If the government wants my guns and yours they can come take them and they will. Protesting and threats and even a few clips will not stop them. It seems like some are living without reality. Think about what the US military can do in a few weeks around the world now park them outside your door. NO CONTEST!!!!!

How is that Afganistan thing going?

Well lets see they have Russian, Syria , Pakistan and Iran backing the bad guys
and who you got >>> who supplying you arms ?? Walmart and Cabella's does count!
Maybe you can hold out a week longer I hear Bimart is having a 2 for one Ammo sale.

Fantasy : I have all the ammo I need to defend myself against the government !

Reality: The government saying they have all they need.

Lessons over !

Anything of the sorts would likely do just as much damage to their own military & national guard bases in towns. I don't know about you but i don't crap in my own bed.

But i might in yours :s0103:

He's hilarious.. what are they going to nuke? The liberal filled cities? That would be an asset to real patriots, although we would lose a few. Really, you got to wonder what rare gasses these types have between their ears

Reality :

All bantering aside and heated responses from everyone aside, lets be serious here people.

You don't have to lay down and be a sheep, but there is a word for taking arms up against the government. Be clear before you cross it.

If the government wants my guns and yours they can come take them and they will. Protesting and threats and even a few clips will not stop them. It seems like some are living without reality. Think about what the US military can do in a few weeks around the world now park them outside your door. NO CONTEST!!!!!

Shootfirst, Your wisdom is beyond your years of this I'm sure...It seems like some are living without reality.

Reality :

Shootfirst, Your wisdom is beyond your years of this I'm sure...It seems like some are living without reality.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top