JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Long gone are the days where the civilians can own what our military owns - if nothing else the cost is prohibative. I can think of many things i would rather do that to take on anthing armored with even a 50 caliber rifle. As civiialsn we dont have combat jets, helicopters and what not. DO any of you really think you could take on the military and win. We might have a few wins but overall the technology and might of the military would win. We have one thing on our side and that is the beleif that most of the men and women in our military have close ties to the civiiians of this country and would not kill thier own. History has shown that it could go either way but I would like to think this is our saving grace as civilians. SO when we start assuming that the right to own these firearms is going to be up to the job of possibly over throwing our tyrants then I just laugh and think what fools. This is my opinion.

James Ruby

Yeah that'd be like saying that a bunch of rustic shepherds are hiding out in the Hindu Kush mountains tying down a couple of our infantry divisions with nothing but AK-47s and a pair of balls.

Oh, wait...

They have the Atomic Bomb doofus! You are not going to defend yourself against the government.

Yeah that makes good sense. Nothing like ruling over a nuclear wasteland when you're all done disarming the population.

Posts like this are the best argument I've seen for not allowing everyone to own a gun!

I have my ARs because:

1. They are an absolute joy to shoot
2. They are my holdout weapon in case of a home invasion.

I'm not walking around the house to get the bad guy at 3AM. I'm hiding in my bedroom and aiming my AR at the door while waiting for the COPS to come clear my house. In that situation (intruders in the middle of the night) which is VASTLY more likely to happen than me needing my concealed pistol in my daily routine, the AR is the perfect defensive weapon. Lethal, easy to handle, solid penetration if I need to shoot through a door or interior wall and lots of rounds.

And that's not even mentioning the primary purpose of the 2A, which was armed resistance against a tyrannical government. I think it's incredibly unlikely (tho the point of near non-existent) that in my life-time I will see a government that needs to be resisted with force. But perhaps one of the reasons for that being so unlikely is that we COULD.

And bottom line: Even if all magazine-fed semi-auto rifles had been banned for 30 years, it wouldn't have made a damned bit of difference in the CT. shooting. Kids would still be dead, in no lesser numbers.

Hell, you could do it with a revolver.

Nobody wants to address the very REASON the second amendment exists! To protect ourselves from our government! We NEED to have the SAME weapons that government troops are going to be using against us! That's the cold hard truth! That's why I have AR's!!!

Yeah that'd be like saying that a bunch of rustic shepherds are hiding out in the Hindu Kush mountains tying down a couple of our infantry divisions with nothing but AK-47s and a pair of balls.

Oh, wait...

Yes, and how many unprovoked American soldiers are going to fire on American civilians?

... aim for the blue helmets.

Yes, and how many unprovoked American soldiers are going to fire on American civilians?

... aim for the blue helmets.

If the name calling in this country doesnt stop, if the my way is better than your way and i'm gonna cram it down your throat attitudes(namely gun opponents) dont stop.... Then all its gonna take to get American soldiers to fire on American citizens is divide the country exactly in half and ramp up the name calling (N vs S is now R vs D):s0154: .... oh wait, we are almost at peak name calling. I'm not forcing my ideas down anyones throats, unless they come to my house uninvited and knock hard enough to break in. And being able to defend myself,that would have been great except I was taking my guns fishing with me today because they like fishing, and my boat sprung a leak and sunk.... Barely made it to shore alive and it must have been 300 feet deep where they fell in, no hope of recovery :s0058: :s0131: :s0058:

Oh, damn memory, i might have taken ALL my guns in to a gun buy back program, right after i answered the call to come to the front of the church and be reborn again.... Pretty sure i wont care or remember walking to the front of the church, but i'm already missing those guns :( too bad they destroy them and dont keep a record cause how are they gonna know i already gave em to them if they give me anonymity???

Last Edited:
Nobody wants to address the very REASON the second amendment exists! To protect ourselves from our government!

Um, the post directly above yours?

We NEED to have the SAME weapons that government troops are going to be using against us! That's the cold hard truth! That's why I have AR's!!!

I really hope you aren't going to be foolish enough to make that argument to anyone outside a gun forum right now. Because it will hurt us, not help.

We're going to have a Hell of a time defending what we already have. Arguing an explicit right to revolution and the right to have hand-grenades and full auto weapons isn't going to find much support in the U.S. this week or next. It was considered a fringe position in anything other than a philosophical debate even before the CT shooting.

Self-defense is an absolutely solid position. The fact that craploads of AR-style platforms have been sold as hunting and target guns is as solid. The fact that none of the proposed bans would have affected these shootings is a solid position.

"You shouldn't ban semi-auto rifles because I should be able to buy grenades at Walmart" is so self-defeating I wonder if you're serious or you're a Brady shill.

If the name calling in this country doesnt stop, if the my way is better than your way and i'm gonna cram it down your throat attitudes(namely gun opponents) dont stop.... Then all its gonna take to get American soldiers to fire on American citizens is divide the country exactly in half and ramp up the name calling (N vs S is now R vs D):s0154: .... oh wait, we are almost at peak name calling. I'm not forcing my ideas down anyones throats, unless they come to my house uninvited and knock hard enough to break in. And being able to defend myself,that would have been great except I was taking my guns fishing with me today because they like fishing, and my boat sprung a leak and sunk.... Barely made it to shore alive and it must have been 300 feet deep where they fell in, no hope of recovery :s0058: :s0131: :s0058:

Name calling?:huh:

Really? A FUDD comes here and asks "why own a type of firearm but I know all about the second amendment so don't point to that"??? WTF? First off, the second amendment isn't about hunting.

"A well regulated Militia (government), being necessary to the security of a free state (government militia fighting invaders to keep us free), the right of the people (not the government, the PEOPLE) to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" Which means because the government has Arms, the people have the right have Arms. It follows that the people should have the same type of Arms.... your so called "assault weapons"

Does that make it clear??? The second amendment isn't about hunting!!!

Right, it's about maintaining the means to kill tyrants, turncoats, and all other enemies of the nation, be they foreign or domestic. Don't apologize for that, don't let the NRA step back from that for you, and don't allow insolent FUDDs to dilute that.

It's also about maintaining the means to protect your home, your castle, your family, and your property. Don't apologize for that, and don't let a FUDD of all things dilute or shame you for that.

"I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me (edit: as long as they are not against the constitution), according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Hope that answers any concerns of people thinking we are brain washed automatons.

All the federal pols also take an oath where they promise to "support and defend" or "preserve, protect, and defend" the Constitution.

It doesn't say to add quantifiers or your own wording to make the Constitution better fit their view. So where do words like "sporting" and "hunting" show up?

Woe, how did that help? I gave up reading all the posts on this. So this forum has ripped this guy a new a new *** hole and each other and maybe even pissed off some people. Maybe he didn’t have all the information he needed to make an informed decision about the subject. Is it not our responsibility as gun owners and free Americans to calmly and politely educate our own? Stand together educate all you can!!!

Right, it's about maintaining the means to kill tyrants, turncoats, and all other enemies of the nation, be they foreign or domestic. Don't apologize for that, don't let the NRA step back from that for you, and don't allow insolent FUDDs to dilute that.

It's also about maintaining the means to protect your home, your castle, your family, and your property. Don't apologize for that, and don't let a FUDD of all things dilute or shame you for that.

Dave, we can maintain a 2A argument based on we should all be allowed to buy grenades at Walmart (which is exactly, I promise you, what the Brady Bunch are PRAYING for) Or we stick with an absolutely defensible argument about self defense and hunting/sport shooting, which is exactly what our opposition fears because we WIN on one, and LOSE BIG on the other.

Just because you may win one philosophical argument among people who already generally agree with you doesn't mean you win the argument which is NOW, HERE, assaulting our rights.

We can WIN on one. We will absolutely and decisively LOSE on the other. Both arguments get us in the same position: To not LOSE rights we already claim and own.

YOUR argument, on the other hand, wins us NOTHING, because we already HAD those votes, and loses us absolutely everyone in the pro gun-rights community who is not an absolutist, not to mention ALL of the pro-gun moderates. And forget the antis.

This is a close vote in the house as it is. The more radical our position is, the easier it is for House GOP moderates to distance themselves from us. That means a House floor vote, which, if it happens, we WILL LOSE. Then it's all over, because the Senate will NOT carry the line.

If you want another AWB, keep up the Revolution foolishness. This is about defending our homes. It's about 3-gun competitions and hunting and sports shooting. Trying to make this into what will be perceived as a fringe/militia issue is a LOSER issue.

This is a BAD argument for any of us to be making right now.

It's bad politically, it's bad tactically and it's bad strategically because it will put us in the position of fighting a SC ruling AGAINST US.

If the ruling on Obamacare didn't slue you into our Chief Justice's views, it should have. WE DON'T HAVE THE VOTES. We will LOSE on this and lose BADLY, in a way that damaged us for a generation or more.

We need to fight this fight on a level that WINS. that level is self-defense and hunting/target shooting. The country is in no mood for arguments about violent revolution right now, which is exactly what you're arguing people support. BAD idea Dave. You're a smart guy. Use your head, not your heart.

Name calling?:huh:

where have you been squidly? that is exactly what i said. Name Calling. democrats calling republicans names and vice versa, if you want me to make it more clear, the lack of respect for your fellow American if they dont think like you do(generalization not meaning YOU). Thinking that as long as you are the 51 percent you can cram your idea's down the other 49 percents throat whether they like it or not. if you have read this forum or any article on Yahoo, most the arguments end in someone calling someone else a teathugger nutbag, or a demorat or a republicon. Put a gun in these 40 year old childish KIDS hands and yes they will start shooting each other sooner or later cause they never grew up.

Woe, how did that help? I gave up reading all the posts on this. So this forum has ripped this guy a new a new *** hole and each other and maybe even pissed off some people. Maybe he didn’t have all the information he needed to make an informed decision about the subject. Is it not our responsibility as gun owners and free Americans to calmly and politely educate our own? Stand together educate all you can!!!

The OP is a troll.. go back in his post history and see the threads he's started

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top