JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Although all firearms have the ability to take a person's life, only a few have the ability to _save lives_. I am referring to firearms designed...to shoot time after time without jamming; to stand up to misuse and mishandling; to require a minimum of skill for effective use; to minimize the time spent in reloading; and to provide the penetration, range, and accuracy needed for combat. Out of the total range of firearms available, only a few meet all of these criteria. These are the military assault rifles."
-- Dr. Bruce Clayton, 1981

One good argument for "assault rifles" (which the AR-15 and others arguably are not, as they're not what the military calls assault rifles) is their dependability during periods of unrest. Just because we haven't had a period of extended regional or national unrest doesn't mean we couldn't.

I admit I own assault rifles mainly because they're fun to shoot and because the AR is a nice platform for customization. But yes, if there was some kind of regional, national, or global devastation and I needed to protect my family, I wouldn't reach for the 10/22 or the hunting rifle.

I believe the second amendment was put in place so the people could keep the government in check. So I don't think they put any restrictions on weapons that's the law makers putting their take and their beliefs on it. Now as for assault weapons being ex army I'm very familiar with the system.

EVO 4G

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

The Founders realized this was an inalienable right, and given by God Himself, not granted as gifts by mere governments, as all creatures have, some the power to fight as the lion, tiger or bear, others to flee, as birds or rabbits. We were made in His image and should have no reason to flee, if we are true to His design

Full Auto's are already banned and anyone ever see a semi auto- with Nato-223 spraying out of a 30 round clip will tell you they are destructive.
1. Full auto's are not BANNED, they are heavily regulated.
2. No such thing as a Nato-223. If it's a NATO round it's a 5.56. The .223 is SAMMI specs and they are different.
3. Most guns use a magazine, clips are very rare today and usually hold 6 to 8 rds.

Learned much today?

As a citizen of the USA I can only say that I reserve the right to protect my family, friends, neighbors with any weapon I choose. If I want a high capacity rifle and pistol in my safe in case the day comes that there are many threats and a 10 shot pistol is suicide against a large group I damn well deserve to have that peace of mind.

Pat Cashman was in for Dory Monson today on the radio,with some chich with a Wisconsin accent.
And as usual they didn't really have a clue as they brought up the "musket" argument.

Then they ask why someone would need one of these guns that had clips that held lots of bullets and ...blah,blah,blah. Couldn't take it any more

Aren't most home invasion type robberies done by more than one guy?
Seems to me that if there is 3-4 guys,I want a few rounds a piece. Heck that FBI autopsy showed that 23? rounds of 40 S&W did not kill a perp. It took a few rounds of 223 to do it.

I'm not great with speed loaders so I think I'll stay with those guns with clips that hold lots of bullets and just keep shooting

Heck they didn't even know that evil term "high capacity"

Long gone are the days where the civilians can own what our military owns - if nothing else the cost is prohibative. I can think of many things i would rather do that to take on anthing armored with even a 50 caliber rifle. As civiialsn we dont have combat jets, helicopters and what not. DO any of you really think you could take on the military and win. We might have a few wins but overall the technology and might of the military would win. We have one thing on our side and that is the beleif that most of the men and women in our military have close ties to the civiiians of this country and would not kill thier own. History has shown that it could go either way but I would like to think this is our saving grace as civilians. SO when we start assuming that the right to own these firearms is going to be up to the job of possibly over throwing our tyrants then I just laugh and think what fools. This is my opinion.

James Ruby

The most technologically advanced Armies lost or are losing in these current and past conflicts, by common people.
Vietnam
Afghanistan 80's
Burma current
Somalia
Libya
Afghanistan current

ShootFirst

I guess what it comes down to is a different of opinions you do not feel the need for them and I do.

I guess we have lived different lives from each other and have had different experiences to form our opinions. So what it comes down to if you don’t feel comfortable with them then don’t have one but to tell me I shouldn’t have one because you don’t see a need based on from what I can tell emotion is just plain stupid.

I bought my first Colt AR-15 SP1 used in 1980 and have owned and still own many military style firearms since then like AKs, FN FALs, M-14s, M1As, Mini 14s and to this day have never committed a violent crime with any of them. So why should I have to give them up to make you happy. I have used nothing but a military style semi-auto firearm to hunt with since 1980.

What makes you a god that should make the rules the rest have to live by?

From Wikipedia
Charles Joseph Whitman (June 24, 1941 – August 1, 1966) was an engineering student and former Marine who killed 13 people and wounded 32 others in a shooting rampage located in and around the Tower of the University of Texas in Austin on the afternoon of August 1, 1966. Three persons were killed inside the university's tower, with 11 others murdered after Whitman fired at random targets from the 28th-floor observation deck of the Main Building. Whitman was shot and killed by Austin Police Officer, Houston McCoy.[1][2][3][4][5]

He used a verity of weapons mostly a bolt action 6mm and a pump .35 caliber so by your definition these are not assault weapons because they are not black and semi auto but yet a evil person did a evil thing with them. The tool is not evil the person is evil.

If they looked like this would it make you happy?

purpleak.jpg

This is my wife’s she did not like black or camo!!!!!!!!

Below is one of my Ruger 10/22 rifles, and with the exception of the 25rnd magazine its all stock from the box w/ a cheapy 3x9 Bushnell scope... not an "assault rifle" by any sense of the word (except its black, and happens to have a BX-25 magazine in it). You may even have one in your "legitimate sportsman collection" (with a wood stock maybe?).

10-22.jpg

I can consistently shoot smaller than a dime with it (meaning I can shoot you smack in the eye with it)... one shot, one kill... done. Or I could pump 10 rounds (with the factory magazine) into your chest, pulverizing your heart, aorta, lungs, or even into your throat. Or... for giggles I could just pump the 10 rounds into your groin, or upper-inner thigh and hit your femoral artery and watch you bleed out in a couple of minutes. Fun stuff.... hmmmm? Its all about proper shooting discipline. FYI- the CIA has used the .22LR for a mighty long time for assasinations, its quite lethal in the right hands. I AM an assault weapon and the tools I choose are diverse in capacity and application, but they are only tools and do nothing without me... THE assault weapon.

Here is my 15-yr. ols son's "assault rifle", with folding stock, pistol grip, a "shoulder thing that folds up", its black, light weight, etc. It DEFINATELY has no "sporting purpose", its a "bullet hose" designed to kill as many people as possible, as fast as possible on the battle field.

10-22Archangel.jpg

The funny thing is... its a Ruger 10/22 with a G36 "clam shell" kit on it (w/o the stupid faux .223 magazine in it)... is it more deadly? Higher caliber? Higher powered? I actually prefer the feel/performance of the stock Ruger 10/22, but my son gets a kick out of his kit so its all good. And for the record, ALL firearms in my household when not in my DIRECT control are secured in my awesome 800+lbs. safe (when empty) that only me and the wife know the combo too.

The amusing thing I find is, I don't feel compelled to provide a "reason" to own any particular firearm, the onus is on the accuser to PROVE why I shouldn't. The burden of proof is on THE STATE to prove beyond any preponderance my guilt, not me having to prove my innocence to maintain my rights.

My only retort is, I AM NOT INFERIOR TO YOU!

Zombie apocalypse.... lol They don't shoot back!! I hope.

I look at my computer desk as I type this and I count 11 "assault" items ( aside from the gun on my hip and knife clipped to my pocket )that I could take your life with if you entered my bedroom. Pens, pencils, letter opener, a whiskey glass, camping cup, power cord, a large key, Harris bipod, usb cable, broken dvd, and a broken paint brush. A knife attack, or a flesh type gunshot wound will hurt like hell for awhile, but I can assault back.

SO, who's to say what an "assault" weapon is? Ban everything, because a nanny state has worked in the UK?

Why I bought an AR:
.223 is relatively cheep as far as rifle rounds go. The more you shoot a weapon the better you are with it.
My girlfriend is not a big fan of recoil and the AR is very light recoil.
It would work for home defense if needed.
With the right rounds it would take a dear or game smaller if needed.
It is fun to shoot and we don't have to reload every 5 rounds.
Parts are available and they arnt that hard to strip or repair if needed.

Any gun can kill people, its the person behind the gun that makes that decision, I do not view this gun as any more dangerous then any other I own. I'm honestly more afraid of someone with a high power hunting rifle a good scope and a good vantage point then someone with a "assault rifle."

Zombie apocalypse.... lol They don't shoot back!! I hope.

I look at my computer desk as I type this and I count 11 "assault" items ( aside from the gun on my hip and knife clipped to my pocket )that I could take your life with if you entered my bedroom. Pens, pencils, letter opener, a whiskey glass, camping cup, power cord, a large key, Harris bipod, usb cable, broken dvd, and a broken paint brush. A knife attack, or a flesh type gunshot wound will hurt like hell for awhile, but I can assault back.

SO, who's to say what an "assault" weapon is? Ban everything, because a nanny state has worked in the UK?

First off,using the whiskey glass would be alcohol abuse and second they do regulate kitchen knives in the UK.

Pat Cashman was in for Dory Monson today on the radio,with some chich with a Wisconsin accent.
And as usual they didn't really have a clue as they brought up the "musket" argument.

Then they ask why someone would need one of these guns that had clips that held lots of bullets and ...blah,blah,blah. Couldn't take it any more

Aren't most home invasion type robberies done by more than one guy?
Seems to me that if there is 3-4 guys,I want a few rounds a piece. Heck that FBI autopsy showed that 23? rounds of 40 S&W did not kill a perp. It took a few rounds of 223 to do it.

I'm not great with speed loaders so I think I'll stay with those guns with clips that hold lots of bullets and just keep shooting

Heck they didn't even know that evil term "high capacity"

That is what is most concerning. People who want to take away the right to protect our familys...(Which those of us who are not insane are thinking about when speaking of the purpose of a high capacity weapon).. those people have no clue what they even mean when they are talking about the firearms or what the firearms are meant for/capable of and a husband and fathers reasons for believing in the need for them. If 4 guys break into my home my PPK is not going to be anything but a way to maybe stall the intruders if they have an agenda. However even my M&P 9mm with 18 rounds being tripple the threat will allow me a chance. A AR with 30 rounds will give me a standing chance to eleminate the threat without harm to my loved ones....Do not get me wrong and read clearly that I said a chance. Not a given. I however prefer a chance even if it may be slim when it comes to my family. I have said before I only kill paper, no hunting of any sort. I enjoy shooting a AR platform recreationaly and it allows me to be familiar and accurate with it as well as have a fun day with my friends. It allows me to stand a chance..Which if you are a father and husband you will agree that you want as much of a edge as possible when it comes to the safety of your loved ones.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top