JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Legitimately curious..

What, if any.. is the point of electing a minority Party, if the majority Party is going to disregard the minority Party no matter what, and pass laws with or without the input of the minority Party?

Why would anyone seriously want to run as a minority Party in Oregon; if they're going to be unable to stop the majority Party from passing whatever they want, and be notionally disqualified from reelection if they walk out in protest?
As it stands, the majority Party is treating the minority Party as "warm bodies to keep the benches warm" in order to get quorum so they can pass everything they want.

Right now, it is the majority Party that have these anti-gun bills and passing them, as well as treating gun owners as future criminals if not already criminals; the minority Party had a chance to prevent these bills from ever passing... simply by staying the course and staying out of Oregon, disregarding SOS. They had nothing to lose anyways by staying out. They had everything to lose by coming back to provide quorum for the majority Party to pass everything they want.

It has been made abundantly clear that the majority Party controls these boxes in Oregon..

Soap Box, media owned by the majority Party

Ballot Box, mail in and owned , counted by the same Party that seeks to criminalize opposition to their platform.

Jury Box, every one of the Oregon Supremes were appointed by the majority Party governors.

Cartridge Box, in the process of being abolished and outlawed and criminalized (see ghost gun bill, "paramilitary" bill, mag ban Bill, stated desire to ban AWs and other things) by the majority Party
Honestly, we should just really stop providing Representatives, as we're not being represented when we show up.

All things being equal - I have a problem with 'walkouts' - repub or dem.

They were elected for an effing job to do so DO IT - don't walk out as that is a sign of weakness.

How many of us can just 'walk off' our jobs if we don't like/agree with something ?
while I want to agree with you there. What other method do they have to protest and protect our rights in Oregon? This was their only method of making a stand..... and these idiots wasted it anyways by giving in at the end of it all and sold us all out.

They were elected for an effing job to do so DO IT - don't walk out as that is a sign of weakness.

How many of us can just 'walk off' our jobs if we don't like/agree with something ?
Let's see....
The answer is everybody. What do you think a strike is?

It's called a strike. It is used when the management is blatantly unfair to employees. The walkout was our reps doing their JOB. I salute them for their "STRENGTH". Now if we were a "Democracy", and not a Representative Republic? Then we would be forced to eat everything the dims shove down our throats. I sincerely hope those Reps find a court to throw that garbage/unconstitutional law out.

It's called a strike. It is used when the management is blatantly unfair to employees. The walkout was our reps doing their JOB. I salute them for their "STRENGTH". Now if we were a "Democracy", and not a Representative Republic? Then we would be forced to eat everything the dims shove down our throats. I sincerely hope those Reps find a court to throw that garbage/unconstitutional law out.
It'd have to be Federal, no way our side wins in OR/WA State Supremes. The only way out I can see is making the Dems swallow another generous dose of the same meds we served them in the late 1860s...

It was on the ballot and passed by the voters in Portland, Eugene etc.
Just sharing.
Julie Fahey - Democratic House majority leader is having a legislative town hall meeting this Saturday August 12th @ 4:00pm.
Harris Hall
125 E. 8th Ave.
Eugene, OR.

Just sharing.
Julie Fahey - Democratic House majority leader is having a legislative town hall meeting this Saturday August 12th @ 4:00pm.
Harris Hall
125 E. 8th Ave.
Eugene, OR.
What it going to do? They don't hear anything but their side. They only represent half the population of Oregon.

Oh yeah, dems put it on the ballot and dem cities made sure it passed.
I think far more Oregonians were for this unlike the sham gun control crap. Logic is everyone wants their reps goign to work and not wasting tax dollars. It's easy to see that logically.... .but like all things, there are unintented consequences to votes and bills being voted on. Most people don't think of the unintentended consequences or even do any research to waht they they're voting on. This is why they write vague titles for bills...... take for example any bill that will start with "we need background checks" well ok who would be against that???? so people literally vote for what already exists because they're too dumb to understand that they're being fooled

Last Edited:

Sometimes denying your opponent the ability to vote on something due to the lack of a quorum is the last arrow in the quiver. If so, then by damn use it!

I think far more Oregonians were for this unlike the sham gun control crap. Logic is everyone wants their reps goign to work and not wasting tax dollars. It's easy to see that logically.... .but like all things, there are unintented consequences to votes and bills being voted on. Most people don't think of the unintentended consequences or even do any research to waht they they're voting on. This is why they write vague titles for bills...... take for example any bill that will start with "we need background checks" well ok who would be against that???? so people literally vote for what already exists because they're too dumb to understand that they're being fooled
I'm hoping that people are waking up and taking notice. We made some headway and some progress this election. We need to find a way to keep people involved for the next election and not give up.

As we see by the comments here, some think that we just have to accept our fate and give in or move out. It takes work to make changes and we all need to be pushing for that change. Look at M114. We lost by 0.7%. I'm convinced that, if people would have worked harder to understand and get the word out, it would not have happened. It's damned hard to keep the energy up, but that's what needs to happen. We have some time now to lick our wounds and make ready to jump back into the fight. Let's not waste it.

FWIW, there were a record number of people at the KSLM Koffee Klatch at The Honkey Tonk last night. More than 50 showed up. More people are paying attention and getting on board with the program. Help others grasp what's going on and get with the program. Do any of you attend your monthly county party meetings? Do you even know where and when they take place? You need to buy a ticket if you want to win. Sitting on the sidelines won't do it, so get in the game!

Their job is to defend our rights. When one side has a super majority and more than happy to ignore their constituents rights, you have to use the tools available.

Both sides have walked out nationally at one time or another. The SOS will not condemn democrats that have done it in the past an will do it again.

Generally, in Oregon, this is about gun rights. In a straight vote, legal gun owners do not stand a chance. So not only do the democrats want a super duper majority, they want to eliminate any chance of desention.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top