JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No offence taken.
I live in the heart of NE potland. Without living in this exact KIND of place, you can't really know. No offense intended. And actually? I would admire someone who keeps fighting for what's right under these circumstances.

I am so jaded at this point, I will give nothing for someone who votes "D". Those people hate our country, and our Forefathers that died to make this country, WARTS and all, what it was.
I suspect you are a native Portlander, same as me. There was a time when voting Democrat meant something positive in Oregon, something constructive, when Democrats actually cared about representing and working in behalf of the common people, instead of being unilaterally focused on elitists, purists, and special interests. That was back when both Portland and Oregon were run by more rational people who achieved results, Democrats and Republicans alike. Certainly not the case anymore, so I completely identify with your "D" sentiments. The days of rationality and clear headedness seem to have totally evaporated in "Potland."

All things being equal - I have a problem with 'walkouts' - repub or dem.

They were elected for an effing job to do so DO IT - don't walk out as that is a sign of weakness.

How many of us can just 'walk off' our jobs if we don't like/agree with something ?
Agree. Why I see it as a tool. I see it as being a TOOL, when you wuss out. I have seen though REPs, also just sit there when laws are discussed. Because its going to pass anyways attitude. A few years ago I had harsh words for one of our Female Reps. Prozanski did a run and, she just sat there, when she could have injected.
Do something. Put your idea on the records. The shenanigans on both sides, state and federal are done way too often.

And who pays for the time they waste? That is where my problem is. I hired you to do a job. Really who do they think they are, not dealing with it.
Yes its sucks, you know what is worse? Not having a legislative voice because you are offended on what is being done.
Then work harder. If it was easy everyone would run for office. Can't handle the opposition, don't run.

I think you missed my point - DEMS have 'walked out' as well when a repub law they don't agree with was being passed.

Right or wrong, good or bad if you CANNOT stand up to what you were elected to do, and occasionally 'suck it up' and get over it, then you are NOT qualified to be in an elected position - repub OR dem.
So I'm reading this like you clearly don't understand how politics on the left coast works. When democrats have a supermajority, republican politicians are just along for the ride and there is nothing they can do other than say "hey, you guys have made life cost more for hardworking Americans, subsidized degenerates and promoted crime, you've wielded political power for decades and led these states into the toilet."

Leaving to prevent a vote was the single best option when otherwise it would just be sitting there to watch asinine policies passed.

It is doing their job to represent their constituents, to preserve their constituents rights by walking out.

What the walkout is, is refusing to play poker with a stacked deck. If you play, defeat is certain. It is shutting off the machine in the Kobayashi Maru.

I suspect you are a native Portlander, same as me. There was a time when voting Democrat meant something positive in Oregon, something constructive, when Democrats actually cared about representing and working in behalf of the common people, instead of being unilaterally focused on elitists, purists, and special interests. That was back when both Portland and Oregon were run by more rational people who achieved results, Democrats and Republicans alike. Certainly not the case anymore, so I completely identify with your "D" sentiments. The days of rationality and clear headedness seem to have totally evaporated in "Potland."
I am not a "Native" Oregonian, or Portlander. I feel like I am though. Been here since '83 at 27yo. Had been through Oregon several times with my parents and later on vacations too. I guess I'd be a "wild" resident, like a wild salmon or steelhead is not necessarily a native. Bred somewhere else, but a natural Oregonian with webbed feet! :D

Democrats love uneducated people voting based on feelings. Ask any young voter and they really can't tell you why they're voting how they are. They are conditioned to. I'm a grown man and i've never held a loyalty to either party I always voted for what's best interest for America and has to be a politicians that actually likes America and our constitutional rights. I've voted for both parties....... these days though I cannot, I cannnot vote for any Democrat. Their time in Oregon needs to come to an end. Enough is enough...... sadly it won't change because people are conditioned a certain way.

Democrats love uneducated people voting based on feelings. Ask any young voter and they really can't tell you why they're voting how they are. They are conditioned to. I'm a grown man and i've never held a loyalty to either party I always voted for what's best interest for America and has to be a politicians that actually likes America and our constitutional rights. I've voted for both parties....... these days though I cannot, I cannnot vote for any Democrat. Their time in Oregon needs to come to an end. Enough is enough...... sadly it won't change because people are conditioned a certain way.
Sounds like myself. Non-Partisan always have been. Until recently when I went with the REP ticket about 6 years ago.

Oregon is not a State of the Union , its is occupied and infiltrated area located in the Northwest.
Now many on the left would laugh and see those words as a rant. And many in Salem simply do not understand.
You serve all the people. You do not rule the people. And todays youth sees being rules as easier. No responsibility.
The way of life we have now is over.

There will be no election fix. Too many people, were told for too long to compromise,
and get along. And they did.
I am reminded so much of how Germany fell into this trap, of being against its people.
And seeing its people did not need a choice. And if we take that away. Then we can do what ever we want.
But the key is to fix a combative state of living, in which groups oppose each other, not those who instigated it.
I know many are in the thought, not from my cold dead hands. And the Occupied State of Oregon will have no
issue to opine that option for you.

I have not given up, I am also a realist. The harder we push back now. Then we are the evil, because we want independence and
choice, and only the evil would want that. To be peaceful, we must remove those who want choice. And give it to those that accept the States choice of peace. If we just remove those that cause the trouble. Life would be good for all? Exactly what Germany did to convince them of the evil people they needed to remove. They do not want compromise. They want removal.

Argus.

They actually prefer educated and properly conditioned voters. Those are trained, not to ask questions, because "the source" has been vetted. Uneducated people keep asking pesky unanswerable questions.

They actually prefer educated and properly conditioned voters. Those are trained, not to ask questions, because "the source" has been vetted. Uneducated people keep asking pesky unanswerable questions.
What they want depends on the level of government. At the local level, which is what impacts all of us the most, what they actually want are renters, not homeowners. More and more renters, fewer and fewer homeowners. Why? Because for decades studies have shown that renters are (1) far more likely to vote in favor of bonds, levies, and property tax increases compared to homeowners, and (2) renters are far less likely to care about local politics. Win-win for the buffoons running our local governments, gives them ever more money at ever less political cost. Of course, renters are acting stupid when they behave that way. Voting in bonds, levies, and property tax increases simply increases their rent, but they are consistently blind to that reality. Since at least the 1960s political scientists have labeled that syndrome "renter illusion."

What they want depends on the level of government. At the local level, which is what impacts all of us the most, what they actually want are renters, not homeowners. More and more renters, fewer and fewer homeowners. Why? Because for decades studies have shown that renters are (1) far more likely to vote in favor of bonds, levies, and property tax increases compared to homeowners, and (2) renters are far less likely to care about local politics. Win-win for the buffoons running our local governments, gives them ever more money at ever less political cost. Of course, renters are acting stupid when they behave that way. Voting in bonds, levies, and property tax increases simply increases their rent, but they are consistently blind to that reality. Since at least the 1960s political scientists have labeled that syndrome "renter illusion."
Sadly this is amazing to watch. I have LONG tried to explain to those renting how this works. So many of them will vote for every new tax placed on those who own property. Telling me that it does not effect them as they rent. When you try to explain to them that all this does in make their rent go up their eye's glaze over and their ears shut off. Then when the rent goes up they scream about the greedy landlords and scream for government to "do something". :s0092:

Sadly this is amazing to watch. I have LONG tried to explain to those renting how this works. So many of them will vote for every new tax placed on those who own property. Telling me that it does not effect them as they rent. When you try to explain to them that all this does in make their rent go up their eye's glaze over and their ears shut off. Then when the rent goes up they scream about the greedy landlords and scream for government to "do something". :s0092:
Just like the minimum wage. When your most basic business input becomes more expensive prices are gonna go up.
I really don't understand why folks don't understand that concept.

Many people are stupid.
That is the, "Go along, get along", class. It has little to do with finance status or education.

They can be living proof of whatever example, yet ignore the evidence of their life. Example: Been riding public transportation for 5 years because you lost your license and can't keep a job, and your parents won't cosign a loan because...you lost your license and can't keep a job.

The first message to this group is, don't vote. It's useless. If that doesn't work, it's, vote for government. The ones you claim are holding you back.

I can't help but think this is not constitutional. I suppose it will be litigated.
1st Amendment issue maybe?
Otherwise; possible violation of one or more of the US Codes and maybe Oregon administrative rules; relating to "qualified immunity"? Edit; as in there have been no penalties/punishments for not allowing quorum to happen and for denying votes from majorities when the People are split pretty much evenly on some things.

Also; Right to peacably protest at State gov level.

Edit 2. It is definitely 1st Amendment issue; particularly protest and grievances towards fellow Legislators. If (when) the Oregon Supremes say it's fine for SoS to punish and prevent reelection for those who "violated" the Measure; then it has a chilling effect on all State level elections; why would anyone bother running against the Ds?

Last Edited:
Genuinely curious. Let's say people get elected to "replace" those who walked out.. what happens if they decide to officially resign in protest en masse after 1 day or so in Session, after being sworn into office and after the election counts are all "done"? There'd be no chance for "emergency elections" as the session would already be underway?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top