JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For any of you who don't know, although Measure 114 is in stasis, Senate Bill 348 was a "gut and stuff" which was a complete rewrite of measure 114 and is alive and well and in some cases WORSE in that is retroactively establishes the active date for the magazine ban to December 08th and specifically state that the constitutionality can not be challenged anywhere but Marion County. This would immediately make anyone who took possession or any FFL who transferred a firearm with a standard magazine over 10 rounds a criminal. Although it is highly unlikely they will come looking for individuals, it would give them the tools to effectively shut down a huge chunk of the FFL's in the sate of Oregon.

SB348 sat in the house "ways and means" committee and avoided missing a critical deadline by sitting there and now, with just 30 days left for lawmaking this year, it popped out of Ways and Means and was moved to the subcommittee on public safety yesterday. They will schedule back-to-back readings to ramrod this through the house. If our absentee senators hold fast and only show up at the last minute to pass bipartisan bills, then this may die a very necessary death, however the seated majority keeps trying to change the rules so we need to keep a very close eye on this one. It will move fast. If it makes it to the house, we *should* have another opportunity to testify. If that happens I challenge you all to submit testimony against but please be articulate and succinct. They actually do get read but if it is just a "you're violating my 2A rights" rant (which of course they are) then they get glanced at long enough to be tossed into the pile.

Actual Text: https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2023R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB348/A-Engrossed
Legislative Overview: https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2023R1/Measures/Overview/SB348
Testimony: (when available is on the right menu bar of the overview page)

348_thumbnail.png

I feel about as confident in this bill being "probably" dead as I would be if I heard the same phrase walking towards a grizzly my buddy just shot

I feel about as confident in this bill being "probably" dead as I would be if I heard the same phrase walking towards a grizzly my buddy just shot
"Should" is one of my favorite words to use and to call out people on. "Hey, I never said it 'would' work, I specifically said it 'should' work. :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top