JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually, the current law in place (113) does prevent them from seeking re-election. They are currently disqualified for another term of office. The law must be successfully challenged and requires a court to decide to throw out that law if they wish to run again for office.

Not the other way around....
So,are they not challenging it? Last I read they were.
Ah bubblegum, you baited me in, so explain to me like I am 5 what this thread has to with firearms?

Ah bubblegum, you baited me in, so explain to me like I am 5 what this thread has to with firearms?
Much like explaining facts they do not like to a 5 year old, one cannot explain things to those who choose willful ignorance and pretend lack of comprehension. If you do not see how this is 100% relevant to the walkout over gun bills, then this is no more than putting your fingers in your ears and yelling I can't hear you.

So,are they not challenging it? Last I read they were.
That's the word on the street.... but I haven't noticed any filings yet. There very well may be.

In a bent blue state it's hardly a foregone conclusion it will be successfully overturned, though. There also remains the question of appeals and how long it might take to have it overturned. It won't do much good for those coming up for re-election in 2024 if 113 isn't overturned in time.

As far as how it directly pertains to firearm discussions.... others have already pointed out the obvious so I don't feel the need to keep beating a dead horse.

All things being equal - I have a problem with 'walkouts' - repub or dem.

They were elected for an effing job to do so DO IT - don't walk out as that is a sign of weakness.

How many of us can just 'walk off' our jobs if we don't like/agree with something ?
Ever been in a union?

Legitimately curious..

What, if any.. is the point of electing a minority Party, if the majority Party is going to disregard the minority Party no matter what, and pass laws with or without the input of the minority Party?

Why would anyone seriously want to run as a minority Party in Oregon; if they're going to be unable to stop the majority Party from passing whatever they want, and be notionally disqualified from reelection if they walk out in protest?
As it stands, the majority Party is treating the minority Party as "warm bodies to keep the benches warm" in order to get quorum so they can pass everything they want.

Right now, it is the majority Party that have these anti-gun bills and passing them, as well as treating gun owners as future criminals if not already criminals; the minority Party had a chance to prevent these bills from ever passing... simply by staying the course and staying out of Oregon, disregarding SOS. They had nothing to lose anyways by staying out. They had everything to lose by coming back to provide quorum for the majority Party to pass everything they want.

It has been made abundantly clear that the majority Party controls these boxes in Oregon..

Soap Box, media owned by the majority Party

Ballot Box, mail in and owned , counted by the same Party that seeks to criminalize opposition to their platform.

Jury Box, every one of the Oregon Supremes were appointed by the majority Party governors.

Cartridge Box, in the process of being abolished and outlawed and criminalized (see ghost gun bill, "paramilitary" bill, mag ban Bill, stated desire to ban AWs and other things) by the majority Party

One party explicitly has Disarm the Serfs s a plank in its party platform, the other does not. If that doesn't MAKE Scorched Earth-ing that party a firearms issue I don't know what does...

I don't think democrats would've passed this walk out restriction without knowing they'll be in power for the foreseeable future.

If oregon was a state that flipped flopped red then blue or vice-versa dems would be just fine with walking out. But since they know they'll be the majority party able to pass bills with a super majority they know the walkout restriction gives them even more power.
It was on the ballot and passed by the voters in Portland, Eugene etc.

Let's see. The Oregon Legislature tried to pass a law that strips parental rights when it comes to gender identity care, which includes castration, top surgery, hormonal treatment, or other genital mutilation. I don't know if it passed or not.
It did when the Republicans came back.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads