JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Little of both
Let me know if you want me to delete or edit my comment so you could edit yours the same. I imagine thats something probably left unsaid.

-------
The post office ban is unconstitutional. Ive often wondered how the millions of federal employees dont care most jobs prohibit them from carrying for personal reasons. I imagine some do anyways... I wouldnt be a mail driver in public without protection anways. Surveyors, civil enginners, all out in public places.
I shouldnt have to disarm to mail a package in a building that I paid for.

Let me know if you want me to delete or edit my comment so you could edit yours the same. I imagine thats something probably left unsaid.

-------
The post office ban is unconstitutional. Ive often wondered how the millions of federal employees dont care most jobs prohibit them from carrying for personal reasons. I imagine some do anyways... I wouldnt be a mail driver in public without protection anways. Surveyors, civil enginners, all out in public places.
I shouldnt have to disarm to mail a package in a building that I paid for.
It's fine. No worries

Beside the point, but that MSN article reporter sure knows their stuff. 🤣

"That ruling recognized for the first time that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to carry a handgun in public for self-defense. It also established a new test for assessing firearms laws, saying restrictions must be "consistent with this nation's historical tradition of firearm regulation."

As if! The 2A was "the first time" the right to carry a handgun firearm in public for self-defense was established as legally protected... and "interest-balancing" away a constitutionally protected right was the new kid on the block. Ignoring legal doctrine, told to knock it off in Heller, which the courts ignored, and simply more firmly restated, "you can't do that" in Bruen.

I would love to see interest balancing used against the 1A and see how that flies. :D

Sheeshhhhh....

Hell, I'm shocked to learn people still go to Post Offices.
The city has my street so torn up thinking they were going to improve it by removing the on street parking adding totally un needed 5 ft bike lanes and then side walks and a green strip all in a 50-55ft street. They were supposed to be done end of NOV. the street has such poor sub straight that they don't know how to fix it and I'm pretty sure no money to fix it as it will require removing the 8" of gravel they spread after peeling up the Asphalt and then digging out a couple feet of clay and putting down some 2.5" + sized crushed rock. ( building roads is one of the things I have done for 20 years as a Dump truck driver) OK and back to the point we have to now go to the Post office to ask for our mail cause they can't get out of the truck and walk 6 feet to put it in the box. Something fun to do every other day.

The city has my street so torn up thinking they were going to improve it by removing the on street parking adding totally un needed 5 ft bike lanes and then side walks and a green strip all in a 50-55ft street. They were supposed to be done end of NOV. the street has such poor sub straight that they don't know how to fix it and I'm pretty sure no money to fix it as it will require removing the 8" of gravel they spread after peeling up the Asphalt and then digging out a couple feet of clay and putting down some 2.5" + sized crushed rock. ( building roads is one of the things I have done for 20 years as a Dump truck driver) OK and back to the point we have to now go to the Post office to ask for our mail cause they can't get out of the truck and walk 6 feet to put it in the box. Something fun to do every other day.
That's silverton for ya....ol stu still the mayor?

That's silverton for ya....ol stu still the mayor?
CBBAD9D6-09F5-45F5-8B02-1FBA76BD55B7.jpeg
He died a while back, I've got this in my garage as a gag.

39196215-698C-48E6-BADB-2A5DFD0B159C.png 82CFEB2B-568D-4B16-938E-0094BF24974D.jpeg
Ended up letting the kids tear up the yard a bit, I took the golf cart down to the county park with my daughter, police just waved-gotta love Linn County.

I didn't know that.....ya linn county can care less, as long as your some what responsible they leave you alone. I have no snow up here on mcully, it's all ice
This is all I've as well, just came down as I've pellets. Just dropped my son's girlfriend off at home at the very base of McCully Mtn, roads are covered but plenty of traction.

I think Silverton has had at least three mayors since Stu was mayor. I miss his very conservative way of running town. I won't say city council didn't find ways to waste money while he was in Office. But generally things went pretty well when he had a say in things. He was in many ways including the one we care the most about pretty conservative in his politics.

The title of this thread is

Post Office Ban No More

How did you reach that conclusion? Do you have a copy of an actual injunction issued by a judge baring the government from enforcing the ban? Or, did you just infer that an injunction exists, from a news story headline?

A dismissal of a criminal charge against a single defendant does not constitute an injunction that prevents police from arresting other people and charging them with the same offense. To achieve that, there has to be a civil suit specifically seeking that type of relief across the country for the federal laws. Then, what about state level laws? Each of those needs a separate civil lawsuit to issue injunctions against those on a state by state basis.

This is really critical stuff. If a person reads your headline and decides to run out and do an open carry in a PO they very well could get arrested, and find out that the hard way to not read these types of headlines and just assume they now have some new rights.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top