JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
All things being equal - I have a problem with 'walkouts' - repub or dem.

They were elected for an effing job to do so DO IT - don't walk out as that is a sign of weakness.

How many of us can just 'walk off' our jobs if we don't like/agree with something ?

Last Edited:

They were elected for an effing job to do so DO IT - don't walk out as that is a sign of weakness.

How many of us can just 'walk off' our jobs if we don't like/agree with something ?
It's the only weapon they have left to block unconstitutional laws by denying quorum. Otherwise democrats will pass any law they please with their supermajority. At that point Republicans are just token stooges in the assembly.

If only things were equal. In the meantime, a walkout was the only tool they had left in the bag.

Otherwise democrats will pass any law they please with their supermajority
I think you missed my point - DEMS have 'walked out' as well when a repub law they don't agree with was being passed.

Right or wrong, good or bad if you CANNOT stand up to what you were elected to do, and occasionally 'suck it up' and get over it, then you are NOT qualified to be in an elected position - repub OR dem.

Last Edited:
I think you missed my point - DEMS have 'walked out' as well when a repub law they don't agree with was being passed.

Right or wrong, good or bad if you CANNOT stand up to what you were elected to do, and occasionally 'suck it up' and get over it, then you are NOT qualified to be in an elected position - repub OR dem.
Tell that to the parent that have their right stolen. "We're cutting off your kids tally wacker and you can't do a damn thing about it so just suck it up"! Is that what you mean?

Tell that to the parent that have their right stolen. "We're cutting off your kids tally wacker and you can't do a damn thing about it so just suck it up"! Is that what you mean?
WTH are you talking about? NO this is not what I mean - where did you come up with this?

I NEVER mentioned parents, kids tally wackers etc.

It's all about fortitude, personal responsibility, and THE JOB YOU WERE ELECTED to do - DO YOUR JOB you were elected to do - if you cant do it, then leave it and become some sort of rouge revolutionary and lets see how that works out for you.

I'm union so if we all agree to walk off we walk off. It's our only way to fight back sometimes.

WTH are you talking about? NO this is not what I mean - where did you come up with this?

It's all about fortitude, personal responsibility, and THE JOB YOU WERE ELECTED to do - DO YOUR JOB you were elected to do - if you cant do it, then leave it and become some sort of rouge revolutionary and lets see how that works out for you.
I can't speak for others, but THEY WERE doing exactly what I elected them to do = stand in the way of the progressive agenda.

I don't think democrats would've passed this walk out restriction without knowing they'll be in power for the foreseeable future.

If oregon was a state that flipped flopped red then blue or vice-versa dems would be just fine with walking out. But since they know they'll be the majority party able to pass bills with a super majority they know the walkout restriction gives them even more power.

Every single one of us. Its the essence of freedom. Imagine if we couldnt legally walk off the job. I don't care if the Dems have done it, or will do it again. If a bill is so contentious it takes walking out then it doesn't matter whose trying to pass it, somethings amiss with it.

And if there was ever an egregious contentious bill in the history of the world, those two bills were it.

Passing the walkout ban was a horrible thing for Democracy in this state.

I don't think democrats would've passed this walk out restriction without knowing they'll be in power for the foreseeable future.

If oregon was a state that flipped flopped red then blue or vice-versa dems would be just fine with walking out. But since they know they'll be the majority party able to pass bills with a super majority they know the walkout restriction gives them even more power.
Funny you should say that. One of the money laundering PAC's that fund the various democrats is called Home Builders. Future PAC, House Builders.

Last Edited:

Let's see. The Oregon Legislature tried to pass a law that strips parental rights when it comes to gender identity care, which includes castration, top surgery, hormonal treatment, or other genital mutilation. I don't know if it passed or not.
Back in 2021 or 2022, the Democrap supermajority tried to pass legislation that would have adversely affected farming, under the guise of "carbon neutrality" or some shizzle like that. The Republicans held a boycott, essentially stymieing all the BS that the Leftist turds were trying to cram through.
Strategy is important -- there are many ways to fight, and walking out is one of them.
I'd say, the ones who stayed out, and risk being denied the opportunity of reelection, are the real "stand up and fight" fighters. I applaud them.
Edit to add: As far as the trans rubbish, I think they used the euphemism, "gender affirming care." I wonder if a teen girl can go for breast augmentation, because being a "sailor's dream" causes dysmorphia. Hmmm. Good lawsuit in the mix....

Last Edited:
I can't speak for others, but THEY WERE doing exactly what I elected them to do = stand in the way of the progressive agenda.
Agreed! The only failure to do the job they were elected to do that I see.... they folded. They came back, allowed quorum and much was passed, anyway.

To me, "well, we delayed some..." (until next session when they will try it all over again) isn't good enough when they could have blocked it all. It begs the question... what was the point of walking out and putting their jobs in jeopardy in the first place(?)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top