JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agreed! The only failure to do the job they were elected to do that I see.... they folded. They came back, allowed quorum and much was passed, anyway.

To me, "well, we delayed some..." (until next session when they will try it all over again) isn't good enough when they could have blocked it all. It begs the question... what was the point of walking out and putting their jobs in jeopardy in the first place(?)
agree, they folded out of ignorance.
I didnt think they would walk and they did, then when they caved under pressure it was like watching the lead runner trip just before crossing the finish line.

But the only excuse they have is pure ignorance to not see just how badly they lost regardless if they got one thing. They had it all....

Stupid.

So, just a question, but what does this thread have to do with firearms?
The fact that people have to ask that question speaks VOLUMES about why we keep losing this fight. :(
Amazing how many gun owners choose to stay completely uninformed and then act shocked when one day they find out yet another new law went in. One they had no idea was even being talked about. Often years later when some new law finally effect them but they ignored it.

So to be clear I do agree with the walkout and fully understand it, however, what does this thread have to do with guns? This not a forum where we debate politics, this is a forum where we discuss firearms.
Read The OP's Post. There are many other forums that might better fit with what you are looking for.

So to be clear I do agree with the walkout and fully understand it, however, what does this thread have to do with guns? This not a forum where we debate politics, this is a forum where we discuss firearms.
This Forum is
The effect of Measure 113, the walkout, and the R legislators all affect "Firearms Laws", so, in my opinion, this is a valid topic here.

Yeah, I've read that and others, but they still have their jobs, and until the courts decide otherwise, they can still be elected. So again, what does this thread have to do with firearms?
no it doesnt work that way, we are not waiting for courts to decide a current law is legal. Until the courts overturn the law, they cannot be reelected.
The thread has to do with firearms because the subject affects gun rights.

See Post #33.

If that doesn't help, See post #33.

.....but they still have their jobs, and until the courts decide otherwise, they can still be elected.
Actually, the current law in place (113) does prevent them from seeking re-election. They are currently disqualified for another term of office. The law must be successfully challenged and requires a court to decide to throw out that law if they wish to run again for office.

Not the other way around....

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads