JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
EDIT......
However what's the likelihood of politicians resigning en masse in the US?
EDIT.....
We're not going to get any Oregon legislators to quit. Thinking they would is delusional.

These are PART TIME time legislators.

They're trying to raise their base pay from $35K to $64K+.

in addition, per an OPB article on the matter....

"Lawmakers would still receive per diem payments — currently set at $157 for each day they are in session — and monthly stipends for "expenses incurred in the performance of official duties" when they are out of session. Those payments can add tens of thousands of dollars to what legislators receive each year."

These people are setting themselves up to clear $80-90K a year for PART TIME work.

Originally the pay increase was supposed to mirror the civilian Oregonians median income (for full time work). That wasn't high enough so they removed that median income limit restriction while retaining the per diem and miscellaneous expense account money grabs.

My prediction....they will pass this when they think no one is watching....like on the last day of the session or they will bury it in another unrelated piece of legislation....and they will attach the emergency provision so voters initiative petition process is rendered moot.

Last Edited:
That is a dang good point that I hadn't considered, and a good argument against leftists.

We have some teacher's strikes coming up, perhaps we should point out that just recently democrats advocated legislators who "wouldn't do their job" should be fired from that job. So does it apply to teachers too?
Possibly, but not probably.

I'm not a lawyer, don't give legal advice and try not to express my opinions.

However, there is an option to hire replacements and just ignore the strikers. Problem is most of the school boards are populated with union members or folks who sympathize with them.

OPB reports

In a case with weighty implications for the legislative process in Salem, five Republican senators filed suit Friday against Oregon Secretary of State LaVonne Griffin-Valade. They are Sens. Tim Knopp, Daniel Bonham, Suzanne Weber, Lynn Findley and Dennis Linthicum.
Since the Republican lawmakers are appealing Griffin-Valade's rule in their lawsuit, they were able to file a case directly before the Oregon Court of Appeals, rather than first filing in a lower court. Their attorney, John DiLorenzo, said Friday that attorneys for the state have agreed the case should be expedited — potentially directly to the Oregon Supreme Court.
Oregon Court of Appeals online search is unavailable today, Aug 26 - https://www.courts.oregon.gov/services/online/Pages/records-calendars.aspx

They were doing their jobs. As best they could while overwhelmed by a supermajority of blue county legislators, they did the only thing they could to blocklegislation that is objectionable to their constituents from being passed

That is a dang good point that I hadn't considered, and a good argument against leftists.

We have some teacher's strikes coming up, perhaps we should point out that just recently democrats advocated legislators who "wouldn't do their job" should be fired from that job. So does it apply to teachers too?
Of course not, most vote D and are their foot soldiers.

Last Edited:
EDITED

I have a hard time believing the Dems will allow real damage to one of their brown shirts.

Won't be surprised if it's a mis-direction to protect their pay off stream from the legal/illegal drug business.
Democrats have been in your face with their corruption because they know they won't be held accountable. They allow us to see the corruption so they can rub it in that they are powerful.

Sounds like she has pissed off someone in her own party, or the party just needed a lamb to sacrifice and she got picked.
About the only thing more savage than D's to the rest of us is the intraparty fights for being on top of the sh*t heap. They have a pecking order that is ruthlessly enforced just like the medieval nobility they fancy themselves to be, but every so often the opportunity to take out someone up the food-chain and climb the ladder arises and when it does it as just as ruthlessly exploited by anyone who can--and even more ruthlessly fought over by the aspirants to exploit that opportunity.

Every single one of us. Its the essence of freedom. Imagine if we couldnt legally walk off the job. I don't care if the Dems have done it, or will do it again. If a bill is so contentious it takes walking out then it doesn't matter whose trying to pass it, somethings amiss with it.

And if there was ever an egregious contentious bill in the history of the world, those two bills were it.

Passing the walkout ban was a horrible thing for Democracy in this state.
If they are replaced with Republicans prepared to deny quorum. You just need a new quorum breaker each session for each district.

There is only a one session exclusion. We only need two people per senate seat to ping pong back and forth. The ones currently excluded have a proven track record so they should be a shoe in for the next round.
Their next move will be to make it a longer exclusion, needing more "balls" for the ping-pong game. I'm surprised they didn't go straight to Lifetime, except they want to keep the walkout arrow in their own quiver...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top