JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First off condolences to those who lost loved ones in yet another senseless act of violence perpetrated against innocent, unarmed victims.

I will wait to pass judgement on the shooter until all the facts come out. But I'll bet he had some sort of mental health history.

My hats off to Mr Eli Dickens for manning up and doing what needed to be done, a young man of 22 years, making such a life changing decision in a split second. I won't rehash his marksmanship skills, but damn good on him!

This should go a long way to power National Constitutional Carry, if it doesn't then that's a clear indicator it's time to remove all sitting politicians, wipe the slate clean and begin again.

Last Edited:
I read the article again - this may be a misprint or mis quote:

"Ison explained to WRTV, Dicken's first shot at the gunman was from 40-50 yards away and it appeared the very first shot hit the gunman".

now, I find that exceptional - first shot hit with a 9mm Glock from 40 YARDS?
Earlier in the thread someone asked what 9mm weapon Dicken's may have used.

I said to myself "It's Indiana. Has to be a Glock." And apparently, my intuition was right. :D

-E-

The past few days have not been kind to the gun control crowd.

The collective freak-out and resulting smear campaign by folks like Shannon Watts and others has been nothing short of epic.....and largely ineffective.

On one hand, you had the revelation that police response in Uvalde was a giant cluster f... that resulted in more people being killed. It was a glaring example to Average Joe citizen that you cannot depend on police to save the day, even when you dial 911.....multiple times.

Then, a few days later Greenwood Mall occurs where armed Average Joe citizen, with no tactical gear, ballistic shields, body armor, or back-up, sets his own safety and well-being aside and confronts and engages an active shooter.

The two events are a glaring juxtaposition to the American public and the leftist MSM and gun control crowd know it.

-E-

The two events are a glaring juxtaposition to the American public and the leftist MSM and gun control crowd know it.

-E-
Probably not. They won't interpret events as you do, and those events are minor in relation to the broader stream of "OMG guns kill children" krap.

For the vast majority of the population, the Uvalde mess is not rationale for celebrating guns for personal defense in absence of police.

Shannon Watts is a cumb dunt!
She must have gotten backlash from her partners in crime about her blantantly incorrect statement about the GS carrying illegally.

That's the only reason I can think of why someone of her ilk would delete her comment. Condemnation from her own camp.

If she had an ounce of personal character she would post a clear retraction, deep apology and a sincere, "thank you" to the guy.

Probably not. They won't interpret events as you do, and those events are minor in relation to the broader stream of "OMG guns kill children" krap.

For the vast majority of the population, the Uvalde mess is not rationale for celebrating guns for personal defense in absence of police.
The gun grabbers have a different view. The smear campaign against Dickens is in full swing. Yesterday in the media I saw him called "vigilante", "executioner", and "trigger man". Plus there are calls for him to be prosecuted for "illegally" carrying a firearm into the mall. That smear campaign isn't just coincidence.

The contrast between the two events may fall largely on deaf ears, but it's still there and still an example positive to the defense of our rights. The gun grabbers are taking no chances with it and will stop at nothing to discredit it.

-E-

She must have gotten backlash from her partners in crime about her blantantly incorrect statement about the GS carrying illegally.

That's the only reason I can think of why someone of her ilk would delete her comment. Condemnation from her own camp.
That and the fact it was blatant slander.

Maybe some of those successful lawsuits against various media outlets (Nick Sandman) are finally sinking in.

-E-

Hero Who Stopped Indiana Mall Shooter
Identified as 22-Year-Old Eli Dicken,
Trained in Firearm Use by his Grandfather

In case someone missed it.....

To put things "into context". This might be good to know too.

Aloha, Mark
No one is talking about the actual murderer bringing guns into a gun free zone. Probably because it's a stupid argument. Not as stupid as talking about the hero who stopped it.

Can't let a story with a better than normal ending go on it's own merit. We have 2 mall shootings with a good citizen stepping up to save lives and there's people trying to block that information.

Cowards with guns get more notoriety than heroes. I can see some parts of the media try to Rittenhouse this hero.

So... from the reuters stats (grain of salt) out of 433 mass shootings, 22 where stopped by civilian bystanders. Let's put the emphasis on "stopped!". Either preventing all loss of life or halting further deaths from occuring.

The stat I would like to see is how many of those 433 where "stopped" by LE. Not, apprehended or killed after the fact... actively halted prior to or in the actual commission of a mass shooting.

In my book, preventing or halting 22 mass shootings is incredible! If constitutional carry was enacted, that number would only increase and seems a highly effective and proven means to deter these types of attacks. We should be working to expand on what works!

Generously calculating approximately 5 deaths prevented per incident, that's 110 individuals walking the earth today that otherwise would not. I call that a win and 110 lives more than any gun control law has ever saved.

Further infringing on lawful citizens rights makes it abundantly clear their intention is most certainly NOT actually saving lives. Pure and simple.

Last Edited:
"Greenwood Police now say the shooting was over in 15 seconds, thanks to an armed bystander. 22-year-old Eli Dicken from Seymour was carrying a handgun and took 10 shots, hitting the suspect eight times and killing him."

that's some fine shooting under stress

"Greenwood Police now say the shooting was over in 15 seconds, thanks to an armed bystander. 22-year-old Eli Dicken from Seymour was carrying a handgun and took 10 shots, hitting the suspect eight times and killing him."

that's some fine shooting under stress
Wonder why it took 8 to put the perp down?
Not bagging on 9mm, ( ok, yea, I am, it sucks) brings up a couple thoughts, 1) caliber matters, so does bullet performance! 2) ammo restrictions to less then 10 rounds do not help save lives, imagine if this hero had to do a reload, should he have been as effective?

Having been in a few gunfights, stopping power really makes a difference, especially when it comes to 9mm! Imagine a tango cranked up on chemicals, the body doesn't respond to being hit, even when some of those shots should be fight stoppers, but they aren't!

Wonder why it took 8 to put the perp down?
Not bagging on 9mm, ( ok, yea, I am, it sucks) brings up a couple thoughts, 1) caliber matters, so does bullet performance! 2) ammo restrictions to less then 10 rounds do not help save lives, imagine if this hero had to do a reload, should he have been as effective?

Having been in a few gunfights, stopping power really makes a difference, especially when it comes to 9mm! Imagine a tango cranked up on chemicals, the body doesn't respond to being hit, even when some of those shots should be fight stoppers, but they aren't!
Dammit! You have me thinking about a 10mm carry piece again!

So is my 10mm 1911 adequate?
Like this one?
IMG_20200610_200710 (1) (1).jpg
Been carrying a 10 mm 1911 double stack for several years now, 16+1 rounds of 180 gr Golden Sabers, gets it done!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top