JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How do you carry that concealed?
Ether like you see, or,..............
PXL_20210416_224233600.jpg
My 2 year old Alien Gear shoulder Holster, with 2 spar mags and fixed blade pig sticker hidden behind the mag carrier!

The good guy at Greenwood Mall took 10 shots to put down the shooter. Think about
that a bit when they start yapping about banning magazines over 10 rds. I'm actually a bit surprised he got it done in 10. They are saying he initially engaged at distance, and advanced
while firing. 22 years old, no LE or military training. Wonder if he shoots IDPA/USPSA?
With 8 hits out of ten

"Greenwood Police now say the shooting was over in 15 seconds, thanks to an armed bystander. 22-year-old Eli Dicken from Seymour was carrying a handgun and took 10 shots, hitting the suspect eight times and killing him."

that's some fine shooting under stress
Eight (8) hits out of 10 at that distance?? Holy salmon spread n crackers! Very fine shooting, indeed, batman!

WELL done young lad! Talk about FUBAR'ed..... :s0155:

my daughter did her internship in Criminal Justice with Multnomah Co Sheriff in their victim recovery unit for human trafficking

the stories she told us from just encounters in Multnomah would turn your hair white

and this is why she's a Corporate Accountant now

your wives and daughters don't know what reality is on the streets down there - and don't want to know

my daughter was talking to one of her recovered girls in front of a safe house in Portland, a car pulls up, 3 guys jump out, head slams my daughter into the wall, while they take the teenage girl, throw her in the back of a BMW - my daughter is called after midnight 2 days later - they found her girl down by Salem - but not alive
After college, I started out in the criminal justice system. The average American has no clue the sheer scale of the badness out there. The media literally whitewashes and distorts it beyond recognition. Affluent liberals lecture us on "tolerance," then retreat to their gated communities. If Americans knew what's really going on, the George Floyds of this world would NEVER be viewed as victims or, worse, heroes. In my case, I went back and got a computer science degree. I'm really glad your daughter switched careers. Smart girl. If more Americans knew what she knows, any defund-the-police movement would be a non-starter.

Just as I suspected here it comes:
Cluelessness appears to be a contagious disease fueled by lack of imagination and delusional ideology. I guarantee if any one of those whiners - or their offspring - had been saved by the armed citizen taking out the killer, they would be on their knees, kissing his feet, with tears in their eyes. For some, sad to say, "reality" consists of only what they see on their iPhone.

Glad to see that my earlier question got answered.

An 80% hit ratio against a rifle-armed shooter at that distance under that level of stress, and closing distance on the shooter, and ending it all in just 15 seconds, is some seriously bodacious gun-handling skilz.

Mr. Dicken deserves a statue in the town square. And I would certainly want him flying top cover for me any day!

Last Edited:
Glad to see that my earlier question got answered.

An 80% hit ratio against a rifle-armed shooter at that distance under that level of stress, and closing distance on the shooter, and ending it all in just 15 seconds, is some seriously bodacious gun-handling skilz.
That's what makes me wonder if he is well trained or possibly a hunter (using a post for stability is excellent and something a hunter would do intuitively -or he could get it from training/lots of shooting too). Either one can help create an intuitive response rather than a "thinking/what should I do?" response. But what's most impressive to me, as you and others have said above, is staying cool and acting deliberately and effectively in a crisis. A great example of how to do it!

More info out and I guess according to the mall video footage the distance was 30yrds and closing vs the 40-50yrd and closing earlier reported.

That makes an 80% hit rate at 30 and closing a little more reasonable, but none the less remarkable under the conditions for such a young buck with only "Gandpap's school of pew" under his belt.

Good on the old salt as well. It made a difference.

Last Edited:
Firearm worked.
Ammo worked in that firearm
He was accurate with that ammo in the Glock.

What ammo?
Effectiveness if it was self defense type ammo - expanding, hollow points
vs FMJ would be different.

And, it is a reminder that when possible, use a long gun.

15 seconds- amazing. I wondered when we'd originally heard two minutes; that's a long time in a situation like this.

Honestly it's borderline miraculous that he was exactly where he needed to be, with the skill, tools, presence of mind, and coolness under pressure to do what he needed to do at the exact moment he needed to do it.

I'm surprised that the tinfoil hat guys on the other side aren't theorizing a conspiracy out of it… :rolleyes:

15 seconds- amazing. I wondered when we'd originally heard two minutes; that's a long time in a situation like this.

Honestly it's borderline miraculous that he was exactly where he needed to be, with the skill, tools, presence of mind, and coolness under pressure to do what he needed to do at the exact moment he needed to do it.

I'm surprised that the tinfoil hat guys on the other side aren't theorizing a conspiracy out of it… :rolleyes:
If I had a 22 year olds eyes and reflexes - Maybe I could
but today, I would probably just continued to drink my coffee with gunfire behind me

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top