JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
this one also happened yesterday
the wantabe robber with the knife came around the counter and charged the citizen with his drawn firearm

I tell you, they are just not afraid of guns injury or death any longer

if I have to leave my house for a situation on my property, I'm taking a shotgun, not a pistol, but I'm not sure even that would dissuade this present generation of offenders

Shannon Watts seems disappointed that the shooting was stopped by an armed citizen. Think about that a bit.

View attachment 1242406
BTW he didn't carry illegally as no laws were broken. Instead he violated mall policy which is not a crime. Wrong as always, huh, Shannon?
Some females, blissfully embracing the universal Mommy archetype, imagine themselves living in Disney Land. They have NO CLUE how evil, dangerous, and sadistic certain individuals really are. The girls are coddled, protected, and, sad to say, mildly delusional. When a real perp shows up, gun or knife in hand, reality reveals its true self...a little too late to scream.

12 ga. 6s...00...slug...00...slug the sixes to get their attention, the rest to make your point. Works on Brown bears (minus 6s)
Welcome to the meat grinder. 5 shots of #00 buck (from garandthumb YouTube channel):
1 shot #00 buck

Last Edited:
Last Edited:
Some females, blissfully embracing the universal Mommy archetype, imagine themselves living in Disney Land. They have NO CLUE how evil, dangerous, and sadistic certain individuals really are. The girls are coddled, protected, and, sad to say, mildly delusional. When a real perp shows up, gun or knife in hand, reality reveals its true self...a little too late to scream.
In a way that's one of our jobs on the man/Dad side of things. We keep them safe and sometimes that creates an illusion of safety that doesn't exist. It's not even just bad people, but people who aren't paying attention, nature and acts of God outside our control. We've had it so good for so long people forget just how bad it can be.

In a way that's one of our jobs on the man/Dad side of things. We keep them safe and sometimes that creates an illusion of safety that doesn't exist. It's not even just bad people, but people who aren't paying attention, nature and acts of God outside our control. We've had it so good for so long people forget just how bad it can be.
my daughter did her internship in Criminal Justice with Multnomah Co Sheriff in their victim recovery unit for human trafficking

the stories she told us from just encounters in Multnomah would turn your hair white

and this is why she's a Corporate Accountant now

your wives and daughters don't know what reality is on the streets down there - and don't want to know

my daughter was talking to one of her recovered girls in front of a safe house in Portland, a car pulls up, 3 guys jump out, head slams my daughter into the wall, while they take the teenage girl, throw her in the back of a BMW - my daughter is called after midnight 2 days later - they found her girl down by Salem - but not alive

40 yds and perp was dead within seconds. Fantastic job by the 22 year old.
This is WHY we train, and should train to shoot longer distances, this kid clearly had gotten training, and the results speak for themselves!
No idea how many shots connected, but the fact he took the first shots at 40 yards while moving closer and directing others to get out, all the while, keeping the gunman occupied and filling him with lead shows he was cool as a jewel!

Meanwhile, Uvaldi cops stood around for 77 minutes eating boogers and picking each others dingleberries!

according to this report, the 22 year old hit the gunman with his first shot out of a Glock 9mm - from 40'
I probably could with my RI 1911 Tact 9, but not with my Glock
I need to take lessons from this kid!!

Impressive presence of mind and marksmanship. I agree- I doubt many people could do what he did.

I can hit a man-size target with a handgun, easily and repeatedly at 50 yards, but that's at the range, calmly punching paper that doesn't shoot back.

With dozens of people running and screaming, heart pounding, with the target a real living human being who's killing people and can shoot back? Damn, the only way one would know if they were capable of such a thing would be to live it. I know there are some here who have, who know their own mettle. This young guy clearly had what it took, and was where he needed to be at that moment.

according to this report, the 22 year old hit the gunman with his first shot out of a Glock 9mm - from 40'
I probably could with my RI 1911 Tact 9, but not with my Glock
I need to take lessons from this kid!!

I read the article again - this may be a misprint or mis quote:

"Ison explained to WRTV, Dicken's first shot at the gunman was from 40-50 yards away and it appeared the very first shot hit the gunman".

now, I find that exceptional - first shot hit with a 9mm Glock from 40 YARDS?

Impressive presence of mind and marksmanship. I agree- I doubt many people could do what he did.

I can hit a man-size target with a handgun, easily and repeatedly at 50 yards, but that's at the range, calmly punching paper that doesn't shoot back.

With dozens of people running and screaming, heart pounding, with the target a real living human being who's killing people and can shoot back? Damn, the only way one would know if they were capable of such a thing would be to live it. I know there are some here who have, who know their own mettle. This young guy clearly had what it took, and was where he needed to be at that moment.
not wanting to start an argument, is that with a Glock?
with my 1911s, revolvers and HK VP9, I may be able to shoot constantly at 50 yrds, but not with the trigger and sights on my Glock G4

I still haven't read/heard how many of Dicken's 10 rounds found the target.
I've read it's believed he connected with his first shot, but how many of the following 9 rounds found active shooter meat?

EDIT, 7/20/22
Seems 80% is some damn fine work!

Last Edited:
with my 1911s, revolvers and HK VP9, I may be able to shoot constantly at 50 yrds, but not with the trigger and sights on my Glock G4
If you're assuming a stock trigger and sights, which I'm not aware of any specifics of the kids rig being released, it's certainly getting out near the edge of it's effective range, but then again.... that's about the same "accepted" effective range of a 1911 and some revolvers couldn't dream of hitting consistantly at that range.

Bias much? 🤣

I believe the guy difinitively proved "his" glock is more than capable of making that shot just fine.👍

Practice, practice, practice.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR