JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would not supply a firearm or ammunition to another person in a FUBAR situation.

Cate

Fact of life #14;

Life-long sheep don't become short-term shepherds.
.... if you give a gun to a sheep, it will give it up to the first wolf that threatens him.

Last Edited:
This discussion reminds me of the: 'Save me wimp - you have a gun' though yeah, well beforehand he could of gotten a CHL/LTC, bought guns/ammo and trained/practiced, but now his bacon is on the line and I'm supposed come to his rescue?

Nope...my neighbors have gotten their CHL's/LTC's, armed themselves so yeah, we're good.

I don't to loan them guns/ammo they have plenty.

I was just talking to a co-worker (the one that signed as a reference on my CHL application) about guns. Not SHTF, but just in general today.

I told her I had a VERY overly generous opinion of my gun handling capabilities when I moved from punching precision holes (I excel at this) to going from an open hand to putting lead on a realistic target and distance in under two seconds (I need a bigger magazine! LOL)

I am likely one of the weaker operators on this page, and if I were you guys I would not trust me right out of the gate.

In my neighborhood, the only folks that need to be handling guns at all, but for sure when SHTF, are already armed.

Y'all need better neighbors!

I have 2 neighbors I would consider friends that have an AR in my safe + 6 mags and 500 rds of ammo. They just don't know it yet.

Come SHTF you need people around you you can trust, and people with different skill sets. You need a HAM guy, a nurse/doctor, and really good farmer/Gardner. You all will need to share defensive responsibility, and learn eachothers other skills too.

The nurse and the gardner might not be as crazy about guns as you are, but an AR is easy to shoot and people learn quick when they need to.

I only read the first page of replies to this thread and much to my surprise they were all negative relative to the direction the post was taking.
Why do you suppose Salem passed the 'no transfer' w/o ffl law? They don't want you handing your surplus to someone who's rights they have unjustifiably INFRINGED upon. I have acquaintances, friends and neighbors that have had their rights taken for bogus reasons such as non violent crimes.
I'm a fan of Matt Bracken, the company he keeps and mostly the company that keeps him. When I first moved here there was some neighborly friction around and I just informed everyone here in my rural location that they don't have to like me and I don't have to like them, but we all need to look out for each other when it comes to outsiders that are threats. 8 yrs later we still do exactly that. We spend zero time doing any social activities outside of road and other general maintenance. Some of my neighbors have done time for things like meth. The past is the past. People learn.
I got news for all the nay sayers on this thread. When the SHTF and you realize that the enemy of your enemy may just be the friend you need, you might be eating your words. Most of us have more ammo and arms than we can carry or operate at one time. Nuff said.

Hmmm...

Maybe my neighbors are why I have 9 (or is it 8?) SIGs?

Would I arm my neighbors?

Closest one is ex-Army, has volunteered to help me (or do it himself or him with his son) do some really hard property tasks that would have been super hard for me to do by myself - I mean he took time off from his high paying job to help me. He is a hunter and gets an elk every year. Him and at least one of his sons I would arm.

Another is a bow hunter and roams the neighborhood on his ATV from time to time, keeping an eye on things, helping out where needed. Another a surgeon, another an engineer, another some kind of retired genius who worked for the DoD(?), another an engineer. They all pretty much are helpful to one degree or another, often volunteering to help others and I think most, if not all, would come together if SHTF.

So yeah, I would arm them - if they needed it - some would, others may not need the help.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top