JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its cool, I don't want to diminish his hope and efforts..But ultimately, I don't love thy neighbor. I tolerate them.

Ill echo what Andy said, you can arm a neighbor, but you can't force them to pull the trigger. Lots of folks freeze up.. lots of folks dont maintain situational awareness and can be taken advantage of.. armed or not.

Neighborhood watch or SHTF.. I dont think they'd be much help unless they leaded a defensive lifestyle.. I think if you were arming everyone and one or two families were robbed or captured they'd quickly point the attackers in your direction for a break-in or if SHTF, to take all your stuff as to get away or make a deal with would be robbers or if in SHTF attackers.

I dont at all have faith in the bulk of humanity. Some, sure.. most, no.
Many are just highly functioning bipedal animals.

Its cool, I don't want to diminish his hope and efforts..But ultimately, I don't love thy neighbor. I tolerate them.

Ill echo what Andy said, you can arm a neighbor, but you can't force them to pull the trigger. Lots of folks freeze up.. lots of folks dont maintain situational awareness and can be taken advantage of.. armed or not.

Neighborhood watch or SHTF.. I dont think they'd be much help unless they leaded a defensive lifestyle.. I think if you were arming everyone and one or two families were robbed or captured they'd quickly point the attackers in your direction for a break-in or if SHTF, to take all your stuff as to get away or make a deal with would be robbers or if in SHTF attackers.

I dont at all have faith in the bulk of humanity. Some, sure.. most, no.
Many are just highly functioning bipedal animals.
Your right.
Like I said I have neighbors.
That I know are armed and can take care of themselves.
A few that would need help.
But a few that I wouldn't give them a BB Gun

And I would probably not help them.

This is a great thread because it makes you really think about it.
Who would you help .
I think about it sometimes.
Basically I think about if the SHTF.
WHO COULD HELP ME AND WHO COULD I HELP.
because that's what it's going to come down to.

I have people all the time say if this happens I'm coming to your house.
Lol hahaha no your not if you can't help me then why should I help you!

I don't really have any Experience in this .
But I Know there are guys and girls on here that have Milatary experience.
In places where the SHTF.
THEY HAVE SEEN WHAT HAPPENS.
and it's not pretty.
So I will leave it at that.
Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

And I was looking for it but I can't remember what thread it was posted in.
But @AndyinEverson .
Posted a story about his experience in the military.
The story about the kid and the can opener and a can of Peaches.
Always gets me.
And that is a REAL SHTF STORY.

I used to have a neighbor that I would have banded with. I've seen him square- off with lowlifes creeping the neighborhood and prowling around my vehicle specifically.
He had a couple of inherited revolvers and talked of wanting to get more, but with a new family (he's young) and a budding small business it was hard to put any cash together without some other, more urgent need gobbling it up... I was there once too so I understand.
He moved away (and I'm next), but I could see myself throwing-in w him and tossing a "spare" AR his way if things got heavy.
The rest of these nimrods are on pretty much on their own.

This is a great thread because it makes you really think about it.
Who would you help .
I think about it sometimes.
Basically I think about if the SHTF.
WHO COULD HELP ME AND WHO COULD I HELP.
because that's what it's going to come down to.

I have people all the time say if this happens I'm coming to your house.
Lol hahaha no your not if you can't help me then why should I help you!
Um yeah but I AM really coming to your house :p:) or better yet I have a house on wheels and some survival tactics...we could head to the hills or the island

I used to have a neighbor that I would have banded with. I've seen him square- off with lowlifes creeping the neighborhood and prowling around my vehicle specifically.
He had a couple of inherited revolvers and talked of wanting to get more, but with a new family (he's young) and a budding small business it was hard to put any cash together without some other, more urgent need gobbling it up... I was there once too so I understand.
He moved away (and I'm next), but I could see myself throwing-in w him and tossing a "spare" AR his way if things got heavy.
The rest of these nimrods are on pretty much on their own.
Lol I got a few spare ARs laying around.
And a few extra mags.
But I won't be giving them to everyone.
Welcome to my family.

IMG_20180922_111012.jpg 7177.jpeg

Lol that picture is my sister my nephew and his friends.
So yes the kids are neighborhood kids .
Lol that I take Shooting sometimes.
LOL I CAN'T AFFORD TO TAKE THEM ALL THE TIME.
they burn ammo like crazy.

Every situation is different. But what will your response be. Your neighbors are likely to be in your "fort" so to speak. Someones old truck trailer across the road at the entrance - both, all ? then who is on patrol. Are you going to pick off the able bodies, to have the food? Who is going to pick up the government cheese?

I like the idea of simple to use FA - inexpensive - revolver, SKS, pump. Having a couple you can arm those you choose - in exchange for - time on the wall / patrols? What if the are an anti- but have a useful skill like a nurse. Kick them out? trade?

If you have a choice then don't be there. But how many don't leave when they have warning -- Katrina comes to mind. How many have said they wont leave anyway? If you have to stay, cause the idiots have plugged the roads and it is more than a few days - now what?

WoROL - Do I care I cant file a 4473? Do I care if my neighborhood is perceived as a bunch of soy-boys?

So your friend from NWFA is a few blocks from your house and needs to camp out for a while, until the heat dies down. Hand him a table knife - he should be able to sharpen it with a rock then get a stick to make a spear/pike?

Maybe you are heading for the weeds and will take out that assh* who always played his music too loud, or the pipes on his car too early in the am. Can you afford to loose able bodied neighbors?

R.P. Ruggiero

In my little Montana town two kids on bicycles found me at the LGS. They begged me to take them shooting. I said this would depend on what the parents said first. I was interrogated for awhile then we went out to our local range. They were troopers and really layed into it. I didn't mind the ammo disappearing.

And I was looking for it but I can't remember what thread it was posted in.
But @AndyinEverson .
Posted a story about his experience in the military.
The story about the kid and the can opener and a can of Peaches.
Always gets me.
And that is a REAL SHTF STORY.

While Peace Keeping in Bosnia...
So we were tasked with moving a group of villagers to a refugee camp.
This particular village had been ethnically cleansed....which until you have seen it first hand...is far more than just a term heard on the news.
It had been shelled , shot up , livestock either taken up or shot where they were...

We were rounding up the survivors and I came across this young boy ..8 maybe 10 or so....he was sitting on the steps of what was left of his house....it was in rubble ...what wasn't rubble was burning....
Every woman that he knew or grew up with was raped...then murdered...any of the men of his village over the age of 15 or so...murdered...all either in front of him , or within his hearing.

When I bent down to him...he seemed beyond all emotion...then he screamed...

I backed away....he quieted down ...and I wondered just how in the Hell , do I get this kid on the bird...without causing him any more harm...

So I reach into my butt pack and pull out a can of peaches...the kid is watching as I open the can with my P38 ...
"cause I'm me...I ham it up a bit and say as I work the P38 "Winka , Winka" as I start to open the can....

I hand him the can , my P38 and a spoon....as he works the P38 , he , gives a slow little smile and says" Winka , Winka"...The look on his face as he ate the peaches....was just beautiful...
Here this kid was...no home , no family ...his only possessions in the world , were the clothes he was wearing , a can of peaches , a spoon and P38...
Yeah this kid , now , he knew just what SHTF really meant...not as a mental exercise or a movie...but as his life...
But that smile ...Beautiful.

When i got him on the bird , he refused to let go of the P38...to tell the truth ...I really didn't try to hard to get it back.

I think of this kid at times...when I eat peaches...think times are tough....when folks talk a bit to enthusiastically about wanting war or the like.
Andy

This
In this particular scenario there's two types of neighbors....

1. Intelligent, self-sufficient, compatriots.

2. Sandbags.

o_O
^^^This

I'm not responsible for neighbors who are ill prepared. I've prepared properly for me and mine and have sufficient arms for my family to defend our position. I'm not a neighborhood armory... Period...

Besides those neighbors will become zombies once the food supplies dwindle and become difficult to obtain... I'll need to keep them at bay :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top