JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not a member, and I don't want to be, but it appears that I'll have no choice if I want to join a range (I want to join tri-county).
I guess I'll join and try to opt out of the calls and mail, but I'll make a donation of equivalent cost to the EFF to cancel out my bad feelings.

I am a member. No, they aren't perfect, but as the largest gun rights lobbying organization out there they have the most clout. I wish every gun owner in the US would fork over $25 for a yearly membership.

Member here. Also most need to be to join local ranges. I do not like all the calls and junk mail also but hey you have to deal wit hit sometimes. Thank god I have caller ID!

I was a member until they pissed down their leg regaring the "disclose act".

They had the power to stop it themselves and once they were exempted they turned they're back and walked away!

NOTHING justifies what they did!

I quit the next day!

T_H

Been a member for over twenty years. Don't have a problem saying no or throwing away unwanted mail. I think I would have a problem not being able to own a few of my guns because people won't support the most powerful pro gun lobbying group in the country. I'll probably only be around 30 or so more years and I would like to enjoy my hobby as I see fit. Don't let now be referred to as the good ole days when we could have AR's and AK's and not have to keep our pistols at the club. Don't think it can happen here? Ask England, Australia, Canada, etc. $25 a year is a small price to pay to get big influence in politics on our side. Shoot one less box of ammo per year. If you don't like telemarketers. Don't give them your private information. I'm sure they will still cash a check without a phone number or even a money order that has no address on it. Or do a Nancy Reagan and just say no. Sorry if I'm being harsh but I really don't want to have to play Airsoft the rest of my life... :(

Very well stated. Me....yes....many years.....Endowment......do I get irritated sometimes?.....sure....so what?.....my wife pisses me off every other week, so do I quit her after all this time?.....they (and she) are and have been effective. Show me another organization with their track record in influencing Congress......show me one.

We stand together or we don't stand.

I am not a member of any groups (yet). This December I recieved as a gift my first firearm, however I grew up in a hunting family have shot other peoples firearms many times. I was looking into NRA membership but also wonder about GOA (Gun Owners of America). In comments left in wake of a recent shootout in my area someone commented that GOA is a better rights group than the NRA. I did some searching of GOA vs NRA and wow thats a hot debate. Anyone here members of GOA or both? Myself I think I need a little more time and research before deciding...

i would support them no problem by donating 25 bucks, but would i become a member? probably not...:s0155:

That sounds like a very reasonable solution to membership. Problem is that as gun owners we can be very divided and nit picky with each other. All that does is help the anti-gun nuts. As along as anti-gun nuts continue to try to erode our second amendment rights, some one needs to carry on the fight politically and legally and that will continue to cost money.

True, but they haven't shown me anything that makes me want to join them!!

I suggest you investigate and reflect.

Try adding yourself to their email list for a month and monitor your inbox. You will see.

Anytime a gun issue emerges in Oregon (or nation), OFF very concisely summarizes the situation, and provides you with links and contact info to address the situation. They do this whether you are a member or not.

No other outfit stays on top of the local situation better than they.

They don't call, and their email / mail solicitations are VERY few.

Try adding yourself to their email list for a month and monitor your inbox. You will see.

Anytime a gun issue emerges in Oregon (or nation), OFF very concisely summarizes the situation, and provides you with links and contact info to address the situation.

No other outfit stays on top of the local situation better than they.

They don't call, and their email / mail solicitations are few.

I do enjoy OFF much more than NRA in this respect. I will continue to support them both.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top