JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thirty-some years loyal to the NRA and often contribute to the ILA---they send great calendars too! All of the COMPETING gun organizations bad-mouth the NRA, not really because of real issues, but because they want the NRA subscriber money. As for effectiveness the NRA beats them all hands down. A gun owner that does not support the NRA reminds me of a vegan---too prissy-pure to live!

If you don't like telemarketers on your phone simply get your number on the Federal DO-NOT-CALL list. It's free and easy and lasts five years at a time. It makes it illegal for marketers to call you, and they STOP.

If you don't like the NRA deluge of junk mail, they have an address or phone number listed in the magazine to contact to ask for minimal mail, only the most important contacts, and they will comply even if it takes a couple of months. I used that contact and no longer get NRA junk mail, and only get urgent alerts.........................elsullo

Hard to blame "they want subscriber money" when the NRA has been pushing for laws that exempt themselves from being able to donate money, time, resources to political issues... When other pro-gun organizations will not be able to do so..

Thats pretty damning in itself really.

Maybe it all really does boil down to the almighty dollar, and the NRA seems to be squashing "competition".. I think its silly that the NRA would do such a thing myself, which understandably has irritated "the small fish". What do I know though, I am only 1 guy..

Seriously. They sent me everything but the free gift they promised. I like to support what they do, but the mail is a bit much. Plus someone has to pay for all that stuff. I would give them a little extra if I could stop the junk mail.

I got a free year membership last OCT when I purchased my Taurus TCP.380. So far, it seems I was getting more mail from the NRA before I joined, than I am now. Go figure.

If you have Sirius or XM satellite radio, there is an NRA show on weeknights on Sirius 144 or XM 166 from 6PM to 9PM. Not a bad show, and if my dues go towards keeping that show on the air, that is cool by me.

NRA has good and bad points, but they are the largest 2A supporters out there fighting for us.

Just my 2 cents.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE...WITH THE
INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL
PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE,
THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY
PROCLAIMING----WOW----WHAT A RIDE!!!"

i'm a member, and agree with some of critics here, wish they would spend some of that money they are spending on all those mailings on more lobbying or something or maybe lawsuits against some of the stupid gun laws out there. That being said they are all we have to help keep our rights.

In The Oregonian on page A2 there is a story about how the National Center for Injury Control and Prevention blames the NRA for getting funding suspended and legislation passed that keeps it from publishing anti-gun "studies". I don't see ANY other group being blamed by the anti's for getting legislation passed like that. In fact I very seldom see much about any other group at the Federal level.

85 MILLION gun owners and only 4 Million belong to the NRA. :( :(
Now if the NRA had 85 million members just think what they could accomplish :s0155: :s0155:

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

My membership will expire for the final time in March. Once they got in bed with Pelosi on the Disclose Act, I realized they didn't represent me (nor, in my opinion, do they truly represent many of their members).

I was a member until they pissed down their leg regaring the "disclose act".

They had the power to stop it themselves and once they were exempted they turned they're back and walked away!

NOTHING justifies what they did!

I quit the next day!

T_H

+1 for being tossed under the bus.....

seems like the nra has risen to the point of a huge multi million dollar corporation with the fat cats spending our money to fund their safaris to africa, going on guided hunts that we the supporters can only dream about, i too believe we need someone in washington to work for our 2a rights, not sure if nra is the right choice.

Life member and don't support everything they do but without them today I have a strong feeling we would have a lot of bans and different gun laws. Who cares about mail as we get crap mail from everybody.

Just remember they are fighting to keep our rights. Again, w/o them things would be different as no other group has the money or power they do to protect our gun rights.

Scott

Yes. You should be too. Join the other gun rights groups as well, or instead. Only 5 of 9 supreme court justices believe the 2nd Amendment protects your individual right. One of the conservative judges dies of heart failure tomorrow, it's gone. That's a sobering thought...:s0131:

My membership will expire for the final time in March. Once they got in bed with Pelosi on the Disclose Act, I realized they didn't represent me (nor, in my opinion, do they truly represent many of their members).

Wait a minute Guy,
Once you attain voting status, you can get the people you want voted onto the NRA boards and get rid of people who don't vote your way. I wouldn't give up on the NRA for this, as the NRA does more good than every other gun organization combined.

In The Oregonian on page A2 there is a story about how the National Center for Injury Control and Prevention blames the NRA for getting funding suspended and legislation passed that keeps it from publishing anti-gun "studies". I don't see ANY other group being blamed by the anti's for getting legislation passed like that. In fact I very seldom see much about any other group at the Federal level.

85 MILLION gun owners and only 4 Million belong to the NRA. :( :(
Now if the NRA had 85 million members just think what they could accomplish :s0155: :s0155:

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member[/QUOTE

Deen totally agree, way more people who own guns need to join. If for no other reason than to keep the rights we still have, which in my opinion if not totally what the second amendment guaranteed (but thats another story). I don't care if you own a .22 and thats it, do you like owning that .22? Enough said! We need to plumb up the NRA in the next breath too though imo.

Yep!
I don't always agree with every little thing they do, but I don't agree with anyone 100% of the time. The NRA is the best thing we got going. I wasn't a member for a number of years afraid of being identified by the "Government" as a gun owner. But I finally realized if we don't all stand up for our rights (not just our second amendment rights) the opponents will surely win. jordanvraptor said it well and I am in full agreement.

As an NRA member for 43 years, I have seen the ups and downs, and certainly know the good and the bad. There is one truth that is now horribly evident to those who would attack the Constitution at ANY point determined to be vulnerable: The NRA is the very most powerful and very most effective lobbying group that has ever existed on the planet in any government in any history of humanity. Put that in your smipe and poke it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top