JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All those boat stories are ridiculous and unbelievable. If you want to know what really happened to my meager collection, I was camping on Mt. St. Helens on May 17, 1980 when I was awoken in the middle of the night by what turned out to be a group of pissed off Sasquatch. I ran in fear as they swarmed my camp looking for guns and Cheetos. They took everything and headed for their home near the peak. The next day, the mountain blew, vaporizing the sasquatches and flinging my guns and Cheetos to the depths of Spirit Lake. Sad story, but 100% true.

You know I would gladly spare some change for you to help you purchase some of your lost collection of guns, but all my spare change is devoted to buying a certain 1911 that you have me jonesing for.....:cool:

Do these two count towards super gun owner ?

twin%20mount_zpshmmmmkv3.jpg

A deplorable, super gun owning . . . . [more adjectives to come] . . .
Seems like every election cycle, a painting is made of the 'enemy' of liberalism. Last time it was 'bitter clingers' .

Hmmm, what is that called when one group of people is bigoted against another based solely on superficial generalist stereotypes, assumptions, and confirmation-biased fact-forming, formed to discredit and discriminate by making them the 'other,' and therefore less worthy of civil rights or representation; and as a part of an agenda to force the 'other' to conform against their will to the tyranny of the majority?
"xxxxx-ism"
I can think of a lot of '-isms' that the above might fall under, yet it's unpopular to tell the truth, to tell it like it is; so it's now called "journalism."

Wow, what grab bag of sloppy conclusions and contradictions. It seems the author/editors can't even get their propaganda right. My guess is they couldn't reconcile the finding
"Even as the US has grown dramatically safer and gun violence rates have plummeted"​
so they had some guy totally call into question reality in order to discredit their own finding
"The desire to own a gun for protection – there's a disconnect between that and the decreasing rates of lethal violence in this country. It isn't a response to actuarial reality."​
Talk about a bunch of double speak: in the face of actual facts, just throw out reality!

What he was saying was that people are supposedly buying guns to protect themselves from crime, while at the same time violent crime is decreasing, so they shouldn't need to buy guns.

Two problems with that:

1) While there is maybe a disconnect (yes, some - a lot- people are definitely buying on the perception of crime getting worse, mass shootings, terrorism - what does he expect when the media makes a big deal out of these things? That they are going to check the actual facts? No - they will believe the media), there are also people who are buying because of the threat of the gov. taking away their guns, and for other reasons - not just to protect themselves.

2) At least some part of the reason crime is decreasing is because there are more people owning and carrying firearms. It is kind of like saying, gee, more people are buckling up, while at the same time vehicular injuries and deaths are decreasing - why are people protecting themselves with seat belts when the injuries and deaths are actually going down? There seems to be a disconnect there! :rolleyes: Binary thinking.

I would love just watch that live and in person... :s0014:

Come to big sandy in Oct.
The guy I sold the Thumper to is bringing it out and I'm bringing the new Twins.
And the Bongo truck.
Dan is bringing the maxson Quad
Jay is bringing the tora-Tora mount
I'm Dragging 20k of .50bmg tracer down for us also.
Them RC planes are as good as dead. DSCN1941_zpsygs4dfni.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads