JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It never ceases too amaze how these idiots doing their "authorative studies" actually believe their clueless little surveys are remotely accurate...
...and in addition fail to grasp the simple causality of crime rates falling because of the increase in armed homes and citizens...you know....the ones NOT answering those idotic, intrusive, surveys honestly or accurately.

The article contradicts itself. how can there be 10 million new gun owners if the total number of gun owners is going down?

Morons with a typewriter.

Some points that jumped out at me from the story:

1. "Unpublished Study" - that likely means no peer review, at least yet, which may call into question the veracity of the study, if they are unable to get it published. That said, it may be that it just hasn't been through the process yet. If it hasn't, then why is it being reported as if accepted fact by academia?

2. 7.7 Million are "super" gun owners. What is interesting to me about that is that the NRA has only 5 million members. I would think, with all the talk of the NRA being a bully group in Washington D.C., that they would have at least 7.7 million members (don't bother flaming me on this, I know some of you hate the NRA - let's stay on topic).

3. Several times the article refers to preventing 'gun suicide', however, to date, no evidence exists that gun control or gun laws do anything to reduce suicide by firearms. In fact, if anything, I would suspect that the 'super' gun owners are actually the best at having their guns secured, locked away from someone that may choose to use one to end their lives. We should be grateful to the super owners.

4. I get the distinct impression from the tone of the article that the 'super owners' are perhaps a concern, perhaps the crazy ones that will eventually all go on shooting rampages - it's not said, but you can tell from the overall piece, that they are concerned. Yet here is what they said about that in their study: "Azrael, the lead author of the study, said there was no research on "whether owning a large number of guns is a greater risk factor than owning a few guns". "We know almost nothing about that," she said."

5. This comment concerns me: "I don't know anybody who thinks or talks seriously about confiscating guns," she said. "From a public health perspective – you don't seize cigarettes." But, she said, "you do try to make good science available. You do try to help people think about the risks and benefits of the behavior they choose to undertake." Every time I hear someone say they're not coming for your guns, we see another law passed to do just that - one piece at a time. It's a lie, and they damn well know it. They also know the obvious truth - cigarettes aren't banned because they generate huge tax revenue and employee millions - AND, cigarettes can't be used against an overstepping government coming for your stuff o_O

Anyway, I don't quite understand the purpose of the study. Honestly, what useful information can we gain from it? I can't help but think that studies like this only serve to empower and inform government officials that want to strip us of our rights. Otherwise, it's a waste of time and money.

Old school here.

I'm gona stick with ''Gun Nut''.

a462e7ad7c67d73de4d696154a7fba6e.jpg

At the same time, the percentage of Americans who own guns decreased slightly from 25% to 22%.

I don't believe this for a minute. I know too many gun owners who have recently purchased their first one.

If owning 17 guns makes you a "super gun owner", then I am the Grand Exalted Ruler of the Gun Universe. 17 is nothing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top