JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
If a large, a very large percentage of NAVs voted Republican tickets this cycle.. I'd be quite surprised. That said.... it does seem like Drazan has an actual fighting chance to beat Kotek but if past indications are anything... if Betsy loses a significant part of her base to Kotek due to the exact same thinking I am seeing here ("better chance to beat Drazan") then we might well truly be screwed.

The real swing vote are Portlanders and others in liberal areas that are alarmed about crime, homeless, the economy (including high taxes), and the stuff that the schools are cramming into their children. It doesn't matter what party (or Non-affiliated) they are registered with, only that they see things falling apart.

Hillary got only 50.07% of Oregon's 2016 presidential votes, with a pretty good economy, less crime, less homeless, no COVID, and people feeling pretty secure about the future. Trump only got 39.09%, so it was a pretty large margin of victory, but most figured that Hillary would get over 60%. My point in this is that we should consider the strength of the candidate, not just the trend of mindless support of Democrats. Things are not going well for many people, and they look for ways to make their lives better. Kotek is not an inspiring candidate, and it looked pretty desperate for her to have Senile Joe come campaign for her.

I don't see how Kotek can connect well with Soccer Moms. She is closely linked with disruptive policies that are arguably dangerous for their kids. Betsy doesn't seem that much of a contrast to Kotek, and she has little charisma. By comparison, Drazen looks pretty normal and seems to connect with the Soccer Mom segment. Unless she trips up, or has some skeleton in the closet, she looks to finish strong.

While Kotek doesn't inspire anything... the fact remains... with Betsy losing support it seems; there may be "no choice but to vote straight D ballots" if the moderate Ds and fringe Ds decide that they'd rather deal with Kotek than to deal with Drazan who has been characterized as an extremist religious right nut who supports people like the Proud Boys :rolleyes: (which is a complete and utter lie but that doesn't matter to the D campaigners :rolleyes: ) Edit. What I am saying is that... if Betsy can't rally enough support to actually draw enough voters away from Kotek, then Drazan may well be losing to Kotek on the basis of sheer voting numbers that registered Ds have over registered Rs

Well, as much as kotex wants to lie about Drazen having ties with extremist groups, that's been outted by the media as false... she also has to contend with her marching with antifa on video and her encouragement for the rioting to continue that will either polorize the crats and moderates to either love her for it or hate her. With the rises in crime and violence in Portland I'm inclined to think there will be more that will be turned off voting for kotex over those pesky little facts.

She represents the worst of what's been going on and not everyone is blind and dumb... or wants it to continue... which is exactly what kotex represents.

Betsy has stood behind the 2A she lives in my county and I respect her. I will vote for who the best candidate is. We will see what others not on this board think in a couple of weeks.

I am tired of Democrats and Republicans.

Last Edited:
I think we are done here. Please remember that we do have rules for the site.

rule # 2. Religious and non-firearm political content is prohibited.

We are a single-issue organization, focused solely on bringing people together in support of the 2nd Amendment. Religious and political content is inherently divisive, hurting our cause far more than it could ever help it. This includes news-related content that our staff believes may cause division.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR