JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
If polls were so accurate Hillary would have been president . I do not have faith in them.
Amen.

The one that gets me is when they talk about the number of homes with a gun being on the decline. Yeah. Suuuuuure. Most people are gonna tell some stranger on the phone they have a gun in their home. Or maybe that they keep a lot of cash and jewelry on hand as well. Sheesh. I don't know about everyone else, but in the unlikely event I answered the poll, I would lie through my teeth.

Amen.

The one that gets me is when they talk about the number of homes with a gun being on the decline. Yeah. Suuuuuure. Most people are gonna tell some stranger on the phone they have a gun in their home. Or maybe that they keep a lot of cash and jewelry on hand as well. Sheesh. I don't know about everyone else, but in the unlikely event I answered the poll, I would lie through my teeth.
Yes 100%

I'd really like to see Betsy win. I won't vote for a registered Democrat because all their policies are universally damaging. I don't like voting for Republicans because they can't seem to separate church and state. Thought we had a real chance at change but dammit, the 2 party system and "us vs them" has screwed the whole thing up again. I'll more than likely be voting Drazan, now.

I'd love to see Oregon go red. It would be the first time in my life.
I honestly prefer purple, perhaps a bit more red than blue (fuscia?). I really don't trust politicians to make the right decisions if there is no opposition as we have seen in Oregon the last several decades.

We are all better off if there is a strong loyal opposition to keep the majority party in check. Any laws they pass or policies they put in place should be compelling enough to justify bipartisan support.

Tina must be worried. Her campaign has gone totally negative. No more pabulum about helping the homeless. It's now a total ad hominem attack on Drazen.

I'd love to see Oregon go red. It would be the first time in my life.

I honestly prefer purple, perhaps a bit more red than blue (fuscia?). I really don't trust politicians to make the right decisions if there is no opposition as we have seen in Oregon the last several decades.

We are all better off if there is a strong loyal opposition to keep the majority party in check. Any laws they pass or policies they put in place should be compelling enough to justify bipartisan support.
Drazen winning this election doesn't mean Oregon is going red, and those national commentators who are stating such on the nightly news don't understand Oregon politics. This is a highly unusual circumstance that may allow a Republican candidate to win the governorship, but the dems will still have a supermajority in both houses of the legislature and can override any veto.

And don't forget that we have a new congressional district which, thanks to the dem's ability to draw the lines, will be an additional dem seat in Congress. So Oregon will now have a permanent 5 to 1 majority in it's delegation, instead of the previous 4 to 1 majority. In a state that is supposed to be roughly 1/3 dem, 1/3 Republican, and 1/3 NAV, why should dems control 83% of the congressional districts? The state is far from "going red."

The reality... even if we somehow end up with a red governor, it's barely more than a tiny drop in the color palatte. Other state gooberment and city officials are still predominately blue. It's really only one step in a long walk back out of the woke fairyland we currenty find ourselves.

The reality... even if we somehow end up with a red governor, it's barely more than a tiny drop in the color palatte. Other state gooberment and city officials are still predominately blue. It's really only one step in a long walk back out of the woke fairyland we currenty find ourselves.
Agreed, I was thinking more in terms of the Legislature. If the legislature can send hard fought bipartisan legislation to the Governor it doesn't really matter what party they belong to.

Agreed, I was thinking more in terms of the Legislature. If the legislature can send hard fought bipartisan legislation to the Governor it doesn't really matter what party they belong to.
Agreed. I should have clarified. I didn't mean the entire state going red. In fact I hate politicians and the 2 party system. I'm more talking about having someone at the head who has more conservative values. But she could be full of lies and it wouldn't surprise me. I don't trust anyone who longs for power.

vote for betty and disenfranchise Oregonians from their rights
"but I will do more to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, the mentally ill, and kids by implementing stronger background checks and raising the age to purchase certain firearms from 18 to 21. "

but wait she says

" I will also support raising the age to buy certain semi-automatic weapons from 18 to 21. These are practical ideas that will improve public safety. It can be done. At the federal level, the Supreme Court recently issued a decision protecting Second Amendment rights, "

yet she says

" I supported the rights of law-abiding gun owners and have defended the Second Amendment."

vote for betty and disenfranchise Oregonians from their rights
"but I will do more to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, the mentally ill, and kids by implementing stronger background checks and raising the age to purchase certain firearms from 18 to 21. "

but wait she says

" I will also support raising the age to buy certain semi-automatic weapons from 18 to 21. These are practical ideas that will improve public safety. It can be done. At the federal level, the Supreme Court recently issued a decision protecting Second Amendment rights, "

yet she says

" I supported the rights of law-abiding gun owners and have defended the Second Amendment."
And she has been key in preventing gun control legislation when things were tight all while under intense pressure from her own party to get in line. I really don't know Drazen's stance. I really don't trust Drazen, but the main goal is to keep Kotek out of the big chair. We will, this time, have to settle for maybe not good, but definitely not worse.

That said, if Johnson had a chance she would get my vote. She doesn't, so I hold my nose and vote Drazen. Hopefully we will get a no compromise 2A Governor, but until then it's the lesser of teh evils.

Yea! I just saw a few ads of hers really chastising Drazen.
She lies like a rug. I'm thoroughly disgusted with the people that claim to want to represent the American people. They sit there all pompous in their pretty picture head shot, while "Friends of *fill in the Blank*" air ads that spew untruths and outright lies. It's no GD wonder so many people don't vote! I'm so close to saying the same thing after watching the last election and seeing results of that. And seeing our once great city fall into an outhouse hole.

It's no GD wonder so many people don't vote! I'm so close to saying the same thing after watching the last election and seeing results of that. And seeing our once great city fall into an outhouse hole.
That's exactly what they are hoping for. Try to pizz you off so much you won't vote. Makes it easier for them to slip some of this crap by us. Stay strong brother.

And she has been key in preventing gun control legislation when things were tight all while under intense pressure from her own party to get in line. I really don't know Drazen's stance. I really don't trust Drazen, but the main goal is to keep Kotek out of the big chair. We will, this time, have to settle for maybe not good, but definitely not worse.

That said, if Johnson had a chance she would get my vote. She doesn't, so I hold my nose and vote Drazen. Hopefully we will get a no compromise 2A Governor, but until then it's the lesser of teh evils.
Exactly, and exactly where I stand. While polls can be wrong, and the 2016 Presidential Election is a prime example, Trump didn't have to cover 20+ points like Johnson does.

What's strange is that with more registered independent voters in Oregon than Democrats, one would think that a viable independent candidate like Johnson would be a shoe-in, especially in a state where many NAVs vote D, and Johnson's previous D affiliation. From that perspective, Johnson's win should be a slam dunk, but the polls are showing anything but. We may all be very surprised the morning of November 9!

Wolf in sheep clothing. Convinces the sheep she is a sheep because she has the same wool.

Anything short of a republican in the gov seat to hold the state in balance is a failure and symptom of the same bull bubblegum we've been dealing with since 1980

I got the ballot in mail, they show also a couple other contenders for Oregon Governor, one from the Constitution Party and another from I think either the Green Party or the Independent Party. Betsy is on as Non-affiliated.

Not sure that the 3rd Parties have any real chance but.... 🤔 there's apparently 5 options plus Write In.

Edit

I like the concept of the Constitution Party; however I am not a fan of its apparent faith-based platform.

If 2A is your only issue, then disregarding what's been said for campaigning; Johnson is really your best bet, going from her voting record against Kotek's(all for anti2A stuff) and Drazan's (lack thereof of either way), publicly available voting records.

If 2A isn't the only issue, then vote however you want and bet on the polls :rolleyes:

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR