JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Oregon gun owners number in the hundreds of thousands, perhaps more — no one tracks overall firearm ownership in the state.

But the federal government does track the subset of Oregonians who own machine guns, and in 2021, they numbered 6,740. Among their ranks: former longtime Democratic lawmaker Betsy Johnson, now running as an unaffiliated candidate for governor.

1654062227713.png

Betsy is the only logical choice for Governor if your a gun owner, no D's or R's will protect your Second Amendment rights. Heck the R candidate for Governor wouldn't even lead the R's in a walkout during the 2021 legislative session to protect your gun rights…

Vote carefully in November, could be the first opportunity to have a moderate in the governors office in many years…

Looks like Betsy will cave like the rest.

Well, looks like gun owners in Oregon continue to be screwed, there's no real choice for Governor…. To protect our Second Amendment rights…

Well, looks like gun owners in Oregon continue to be screwed, there's no real choice for Governor…. To protect our Second Amendment rights…
Every election comes down to a choice. Normally 2. Almost NEVER is one choice perfect. This is where gun owners so often shoot themselves in the foot. Since both choices are not great they refuse to vote. So the worst possible one wins. Kate is not running but pretend she is. Would you in OR prefer Kate or Betsy? Do you really believe both of them are the same? The only solution is to elect the "better one" each election. Then move on. Next election you do it again. In time you can get better. What too many do? Tell anyone who will listen to them to not bother to vote so the worst win. Never have quite understood how they think this is the way to get better. :s0092:

Every election comes down to a choice. Normally 2. Almost NEVER is one choice perfect. This is where gun owners so often shoot themselves in the foot. Since both choices are not great they refuse to vote. So the worst possible one wins. Kate is not running but pretend she is. Would you in OR prefer Kate or Betsy? Do you really believe both of them are the same? The only solution is to elect the "better one" each election. Then move on. Next election you do it again. In time you can get better. What too many do? Tell anyone who will listen to them to not bother to vote so the worst win. Never have quite understood how they think this is the way to get better. :s0092:
Lets see if they do it to themselves, AND "US", again this election cycle? How about ALL of us realize that, because of the latest school shooting (and all those before it), it's going to happen. The young'un's will have to wait 'til their 21 to buy a gun. Own it. Accept it. Or, do the same thing they did four years ago and, possibly, give us another worm like the one that's in the office now.

Tina Kotek won the D nomination with over 400k votes…. That's over twice the amount than all the R candidates got combined.

If you think Kate Brown was bad, you haven't seen ANYTHING yet….
Actually, she got 260,073 votes. 58% of the Democrat vote. Read took 32% I think. She won, but you can't call it a mandate.

On the surface that looks pretty bad, but Johnson has appeal across both parties. Plus, there are a lot of "D"s and Independents in Oregon who are none too happy with the Democrat party right now and the direction they have gone, me being one of them.

Now......are there enough of them to overcome the Democrat true believers? Personally, I see this election as a litmus test to see if there is any chance whatsoever of Oregon turning back from the brink. We'll see in November, but I remain hopeful.

-E-

Last Edited:
Lets see if they do it to themselves, AND "US", again this election cycle? How about ALL of us ⁹realize that, because of the latest school shooting (and all those before it), it's going to happen. The young'un's will have to wait 'til their 21 to buy a gun. Own it. Accept it. Or, do the same thing they did four years ago and, possibly, give us another worm like the one that's in the office now.
I'm not gonna own it or accept it! It's against the constitution....18 year Olds can go to war but not buy a gun???

.18 year Olds can go to war but not buy a gun???
18 years old's going to war don't have free access to firearms. As has been mentioned many times. You vote the way you choose. It's a free country. There will be a big barrel of signs for those that refuse to see that distinction if tina kotek wins by a small margin.

Actually, she got 260,073 votes. 58% of the Democrat vote. Read took 32% I think. She won, but you can't call it a mandate.

On the surface that looks pretty bad, but Johnson has appeal across both parties. Plus, there are a lot of "D"s and Independents in Oregon who are none too happy with the Democrat party right now and the direction they have gone, me being one of them.

Now......are there enough of them to overcome the Democrat true believers? Personally, I see this election as a litmus test to see if there is any chance whatsoever of Oregon turning back from the brink. We'll see in November, but I remain hopeful.

-E-
Oops…. That's what I get for "morning groggy" posting….

D816D2A7-0FEB-4A02-9096-77F6E932C2E2.jpeg

dunno where I got 400k votes, must've conflated the vote tally for Ron Wyden (who actually lives in NYC with his wife) in my brain….

FFD60200-710F-4678-A5EA-678264C8D073.png

In either event, we're proper flocked…. but we can always "hope".

Notice how they skew the editorial by saying:

"Betsy Johnson, a former longtime Democratic lawmaker, is running for governor as an unaffiliated candidate. Johnson is a gun collector and has consistently opposed gun safety regulations in the Legislature, including expanded background checks and a red flag law."

Not "gun control regulations" which is what it really is. Saying it in this manner makes her look worse than it otherwise would.

It is pretty clear the message being sent is: "Evil woman! she does not care about our safety! do not vote for her."

I don't think she's "caving", it's a necessary political move in the current atmosphere. She's still by far the best candidate.
It is pretty clear the message being sent is: "Evil woman! she does not care about our safety! do not vote for her."
Considering the timing of the article, it's clearly a hit piece.

I don't think she's "caving", it's a necessary political move in the current atmosphere. She's still by far the best candidate.

Considering the timing of the article, it's clearly a hit piece.
Anything gun related coming from Oregon Live is a hit piece. The only thing they were ever good for was school bus route updates and school closures. They're just another leftist e-rag.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR