JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"The desire to own a gun for protection – there's a disconnect between that and the decreasing rates of lethal violence in this country. It isn't a response to actuarial reality," said Matthew Miller, a Northeastern University and Harvard School of Public Health professor and one of the authors of the study.

So... because there are somewhat fewer murders per capita than there were earlier, that means we don't have to worry about murder at all? :rolleyes:

Such is the quality of instruction your children are receiving in universities...

A revolver is about the cheapest form of insurance you will ever buy - except that it is actually better than ordinary insurance, as the later only compensates for a loss, rather than preventing that loss. And it lasts essentially forever - you can pass it to your children.

I guess the professor would suggest that, if traffic fatalities go down some, we no longer need auto insurance.

Funny thing, no professor ever asks why crime rates go down. Maybe the prospect of a criminal getting shot has something to do with it, but we mustn't let news like that get out, eh?

I was thinking who could possibly be the biggest "super owner" when it hit me.......it's our government.

How many total firearms do you suppose are owned by all of the federal, state, and local agencies? ????

E

Oh my god! I finally made it mom! I'm a super gun owner!
I'd like to thank the (sports) academy (website) for recently sellling me a case of Pmags. I'd like to thank my ATF agent for taking 6+ months and $200 everytime I want to add a safety device to my firearm to protect my hearing. None of this would have been possible without all the little people, selling on gunbroker.com or at local gun shows, or just in the classifieds here on NWFA. And I could never forget the $10 cut Oregon takes every time I want to exchange a piece of personal property with another private citizen

Yes, I have literally paid thousands of dollars in taxes to excersise my basic freedoms(?) guaranteed by the bill of rights. Oops! I almost forgot the $65 for my CHL... That is why I am dedicating my 'Super Gun Owner' award to the state of Oregon because I couldn't have done it without (paying) you. You're welcome

Where is my trophy?

Last Edited:
Oh my god! I finally made it mom! I'm a super gun owner!
I'd like to thank the (sports) academy (website) for recently sellling me a case of Pmags. I'd like to thank my ATF agent for taking 6+ months and $200 everytime I want to add a safety device to my firearm to protect my hearing. None of this would have been possible without all the little people, selling on gunbroker.com or at local gun shows, or just in the classifieds here on NWFA. And I could never forget the $10 cut Oregon takes every time I want to exchange a piece of personal property with another private citizen

Yes, I have literally paid thousands of dollars in taxes to excersise my basic freedoms(?) guaranteed by the bill of rights. Oops! I almost forgot the $65 for my CHL... That is why I am dedicating my 'Super Gun Owner' award to the state of Oregon because I couldn't have done it without (paying) you. You're welcome

Where is my trophy?

I'd also like to thank my wife, who has no idea I bought a Sig X5 this week. She was with me way back when I actually had few enough guns that she could recognize when a new one showed up...

"gun violence rates have plummeted..." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Huh? to hear the gun grabbers and politicians, gun violence is public enemy #1 and guns are killing people in the streets in record numbers. Who's right?

Okay sourpuss, I was just funnin';) Seriously, who is General Grevious?
This guy.
grievous-meets-anakin_f17a5f58.jpe

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews