JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pollster: "How many guns do you own?"
Me: "I can neither confirm or deny I have a collection of over 20 guns which have met with a serious boating accident."
Pollster: "Do you have a boat?"
Me: "I can not confirm or deny that I do not have a boat. Would you like to see the comic book collection I may or may not have?"

All those boat stories are ridiculous and unbelievable. If you want to know what really happened to my meager collection, I was camping on Mt. St. Helens on May 17, 1980 when I was awoken in the middle of the night by what turned out to be a group of pissed off Sasquatch. I ran in fear as they swarmed my camp looking for guns and Cheetos. They took everything and headed for their home near the peak. The next day, the mountain blew, vaporizing the sasquatches and flinging my guns and Cheetos to the depths of Spirit Lake. Sad story, but 100% true.

All those boat stories are ridiculous and unbelievable. If you want to know what really happened to my meager collection, I was camping on Mt. St. Helens on May 17, 1980 when I was awoken in the middle of the night by what turned out to be a group of pissed off Sasquatch. I ran in fear as they swarmed my camp looking for guns and Cheetos. They took everything and headed for their home near the peak. The next day, the mountain blew, vaporizing the sasquatches and flinging my guns and Cheetos to the depths of Spirit Lake. Sad story, but 100% true.

These were Orygun Sasquatch so they were probably just jonesing for munchies after a weekend of smoking maryjane. Then the mountain blew and one Sasquatch said to the other: "woah dude, did you see that? Pass me that Cheeto..."

A few pals in our gun-club, who just happen to live in the next county over West, have fifty or more rifles, each.............................

I happen to live in a county where the former Chief Constable, a gun-hating lady, made an arbitrary decision to make ownership of more than sixteen Section 1 [rifled] firearms very difficult and costy. Sadly for her, I already had all my guns....

tac

me? nope. nada. no way. not even close. why would I ever own so many guys? beside, when I did own 17... or 30+ they all got lost in a dogsledding accident, anyway. I figure I do not want to relive that tragic moment in my life so I said to heck with it. not owning guns anymore.
nothing to see at my house. or my neighbors. or my other neighbors. keep moving.

:D

Thats good because when you use one of your guns that you dont have to commit suicide it would be so much worse of you if you used the other guns you don't have to continue to commit suicide.

The math is way off in this study. I am betting we corosed the 400 million guns threshold quite a while back, and those numbers just don't fit in with what they want this report to say! Also, I don't believe that we have a smaller percent of owners with More guns, I think we have more new owners then ever! The traditional gun owners of this country don't even come close to the numbers posted, that begs the question, where are all the "others" coming from? Female gun ownership has risen quiet a bit in the last 10 years or so, Young persons purchasing the first has increased quite a bit, and we can add in the "New Groups" LGB, Black, Hispanic, ect......And the numbers sort of start to make sense! But, "super owner" is just a title to point to for these azzhats to try to explain where all the guns are, FACT is, they honestly have no idea!

I think they do blind calling , probably onto land lines. They get the guy on the phone and ask him how many guns he has. "I Lost all my guns in a boating accident " . They mark him down as not owning any guns. Onto the next guy... They call 30 people. 9 of them lost their guns in boating accidents so they extrapolate the number to match the US population. Onto the next grant.

Probably most answered surveys got a wife or girlfriend on the phone (I never answer 'cuz it's never for me), and she told them how many guns she thought were in the house. ;)

Last Edited:
If you own one gun or one hundred guns it shouldn't matter.
It's what you do with them that counts.

Unfortunately the fact that 100's ( maybe even millions ) of guns and gun owners that did nothing to break the law today or harm anyone will go unreported.
Andy

Sooooooo what's above a "Super Gun Owner" or do you get a gold star every time you reach that number.

So I would be a "Super Gun Owner" with 2 gold stars dang that would be a cool ribbon or T-shirt I could wear proudly and add to my collection.

I personally do not feel polling is what it once was as most folks I know a do not answer the questions at all or do not tell the truth because they feel the caller has all your info or can get it and do not want some kind of retaliation in the future because of their answers.

Working at a sporting goods store for a long time we know for a fact that over 35% of our gun sales where new folks over the last 5 years it may have been more but we could not prove it without keeping a true log. Also at Christmas if we had something on sale like XDs or 10-22s some folks bought as many as 5 of the XDs/10-22s at one time as gifts for the family so he is a super owner on paper but has gifted to new gun owners not in the system.

We kept a running tally behind the counter of each day's sales and asked the person if this was a first purchase and marked the sale accordingly.

Mama always said I was special! Now I'm super special:p!!!! Really? Only 17 weapons, next they will want to know how many thousands of different caliber rounds I have on hand! :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top