JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Go rainbow pooping unicorn, all you need is an upper..
.243 WSSM on left, .243 on right.

243wssm-243win-1.jpg

upload_2017-12-30_18-18-6.jpeg

I mostly chose the blackout for the ability to easily supress. Subsonic neither one holds any ballistic advantage over the other. Supersonic the 7.62x39 has some tangible advantage.

The only advantage(s) the .300 Blackout seems to hold over the 7.62 x 39 is

1. Higher bullet weight (?)
  2. possesses the ability to effectively suppress subsonic ammunition, and
  3. deeper penetration (?)
Could someone fill me in?

I spent two weeks down in Wharton (SW of Houston), and a cadre of the plant workers went hog hunting every night (hunting lease).
They all used .223. The only cautionary word was, hogs have a thick chest plate and lots of fat there, so a head-on shot to the chest with .223 will usually just piss them off. They all talked about shot placement, and when properly done, the hogs DRT.
[ETA] I built myself a 6.8 for hunting hogs and blacktail, only because the tales they told about how tough hogs were....

THANK YOU. Thought I was the only one that saw 300blk for what it really was.. Something for guys to simply spend extra money on.
I feel the same about 6.5 Creedmoor - I'm sure it's a fine cartridge and great for many, but when you look it up for ballistics, you'll often see the 260 REM substituted.

Last Edited:
I feel the same about 6.5 Creedmoor - I'm sure it's a fine cartridge and great for many, but when you look it up for ballistics, you'll often see the 260 REM substituted.
Not sure what that means.
Creedmoor was developed to work within the confines of the large frame AR magazine with long bullets.
260 Rem is a simple neck-down of the 308.
Ballistically they are similar, but Creedmoor had more thought involved with the design.
Not a Creedmoor owner or expert, but the above has been hashed out since the Creedmoor debuted about 10 years ago.

On first page I mentioned 6.5 Grendel meant to go in AR platform.
I'd think the 6.8 is better but looking at the ballistics, especially longer range the 6.5 takes over.

Unless you are punching paper at beyond 500 yds the 6.5 and the 6.8 are ballistically a toss up. There are however some very good reasons the 6.8 is prospering in the AR platform and the Grendel is not.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top