JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not a fan boy by any means.
Just brought up he Grendel as the the creedmore is the hottest thing now since sliced bread ...both in 6.5 and we are talking AR.
I'm more basic caliber guy. 223 and 762x39.

Not sure what that means.
Creedmoor was developed to work within the confines of the large frame AR magazine with long bullets.
260 Rem is a simple neck-down of the 308.
Ballistically they are similar, but Creedmoor had more thought involved with the design.
Not a Creedmoor owner or expert, but the above has been hashed out since the Creedmoor debuted about 10 years ago.
What that means is I've gone to multiple sites looking to compare 7mm-08 to 6.5 CM and have received, more than once, "no data available for 6.5 CM, using 260 REM." So I looked up 260 REM and see they are almost identical ballistics, much like the 338 Edge and the 338 Lapua. I'd never given much thought to the 260 REM, though I do note the 6.5 CM is the "sweetheart cartridge du jour"

What that means is I've gone to multiple sites looking to compare 7mm-08 to 6.5 CM and have received, more than once, "no data available for 6.5 CM, using 260 REM." So I looked up 260 REM and see they are almost identical ballistics, much like the 338 Edge and the 338 Lapua. I'd never given much thought to the 260 REM, though I do note the 6.5 CM is the "sweetheart cartridge du jour"

It sure sells hardware, doesn't it?

I have had a lot of pigs.... Although some were quite smart, smarter than most dogs, I have yet to have one I would feel comfortable giving even a .22 caliber AR too..

Everyday shooters are discovering the supremacy of the 6.5 bullet design and smartly designed Creedmoor is there to assist :D

I don't know why you can't find data for Creedmoor.
It's omnipresent these days.
If you're trying to compare 260 v. Creedmoor ballistically, well they're nearly identical.
It's boiler room, shoulder angle, neck length and where the bullet is held that makes the difference between the two.

Last Edited:
Everyday shooters are discovering the supremacy of the 6.5 bullet design and smartly designed Creedmoor is there to assist :D

I don't know why you can't find data for Creedmoor.
It's omnipresent these days.
The creedmoor is simply a modern less capeable copy of the cartridge designed for the Sweeds by Paul Mauser in the late 19th century. My 6.5X55 is superior to all 3 of my buddies Creedmoors as is the 280 Remington I am sure and certainly the 6.5 Remington Magnum or 264 Win Mag. Off course marketing to sheeple is a wonderful thing.

The creedmoor is simply a modern less capeable copy of the cartridge designed for the Sweeds by Paul Mauser in the late 19th century. My 6.5X55 is superior to all 3 of my buddies Creedmoors as is the 280 Remington I am sure and certainly the 6.5 Remington Magnum or 264 Win Mag. Off course marketing to sheeple is a wonderful thing.
My 26 Nosler will blow them all into the last century, but that's not the point.
For starters, none of the above will fit into a large frame AR magazine.

I don't know what a 26 nosler is.......but a 264 Win Mag will approach 4200 FPS with light bullets.
The Nosler makes a 300 Weatherby look undernourished when the two are placed side by side.
The Nosler's parent case is .404 Jeffery.
But it's not something that is sweet to shoot all day like a Swede or Creedmoor.

History will sort out all worthy cartridges as it always has. I think the Creedmoor will make the cut. Fits in short action, is not overbore so barrel life is long, no unnecessary belts, makes efficient use of it's powder charge and is light recoiling. In my mind it is a wonderful cartridge suited for deer and antelope out to 500yds or so and a great paper puncher out to 1000+. It also fits in an Ar10 platform which is another reason it is succeeding.

Last Edited:
History will sort out all worthy cartridges as it always has. I think the Creedmoor will make the cut. Fits in short action, is not overbore so barrel life is long, no unnecessary belts, makes efficient use of it's powder charge and is light recoiling. In my mind it is a wonderful cartridge suited for deer and antelope out to 500yds or so and a great paper puncher out to 1000+. It also fits in an Ar10 platform which is another reason it is succeeding.
Well said.
It's like a 6.5 x 55 that's gone on to graduate school and come back home with new knowledge.
(Swede homers, take a deep breath)

:)

One of the side benefits to gun ownership, is that there is so much to argue about !
It really is a target-rich environment.

:D

Last Edited:
The Nosler makes a 300 Weatherby look undernourished when the two are placed side by side.
But it's not something that is sweet to shoot all day like a Swede or Creedmoor.
From what I read it doesn't drive bullets as fast as the 264 Magnum. My book calls an 87 grain bullet at 4200 FPS. Another redundant caliber designed to take cash from coolaid drinkers instead of using an equal or better cartridge designed in 1958. I commonly hunt and shoot with a 378 Weatherby Magnum That is a marked inprovement to a 375 H&H. I am not resistant to an honest improvement but with the number of cartridges available today, there are very few places to interject an improvement. The antique 220 Swift has yet to be surpassed in its category for instance but I am sure many here are not familiar with it. The 257 Weatherby is another outstanding caliber that has not been eclipsed by any 25O diameter loading. The 300 Weatherby is ok but marginally superior to a 300 Win Mag and bettered by some of the Remington Ultra calibers. Roy Weatherby was constantly looking tor places in the ammo lineup to insert a high velocity cartridge. Some make sense but many do not and are simply marketing tools for his ammunition and rifles.

Last Edited:

Reinventing the wheel for marketing purposes seems to be an all-American pastime.

Yup, me thinks we have a new barrel-burner....

Well said.
It's like a 6.5 x 55 that's gone on to graduate school and come back home with new knowledge.
(Swede homers, take a deep breath)

:)

One of the side benefits to gun ownership, is that there is so much to argue about !
It really is a target-rich environment.

:D
And a fanboy is born.... :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR