JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would t use 150 in my 06 either
But people do all the time. The 168 ttsx is my main elk medicine.
I'd have no problem taking a 400 yard shot if conditions and my rest was right.
Anything over 200 yards you need to have a solid rest. But I practice at these ranges, and I know for me, after 400 yard the details really start to add up.

I think I've only shot one or two boxes of 150grs through four different '06s. Around 2000 I finally bought my own 30-06 and had grand delusions of using different bullet weights for deer vs. elk. That first rifle put three 150gr Core Lokts all but touching at 100yds, however my main use for the rifle was elk and the logical choice then was the 180gr bullet. Still being semi delusional I went with Ballistic Tip for deer and Partition for elk, both 180gr to keep poi similar.

Then I got either practical or lazy and just started loading 180gr Sierra GameKings for everything....

I think I've only shot one or two boxes of 150grs through four different '06s. Around 2000 I finally bought my own 30-06 and had grand delusions of using different bullet weights for deer vs. elk. That first rifle put three 150gr Core Lokts all but touching at 100yds, however my main use for the rifle was elk and the logical choice then was the 180gr bullet. Still being semi delusional I went with Ballistic Tip for deer and Partition for elk, both 180gr to keep poi similar.

Then I got either practical or lazy and just started loading 180gr Sierra GameKings for everything....

How have the Game Kings worked in terms of accuracy and flat trajectory?

How have the Game Kings worked in terms of accuracy and flat trajectory?
They have worked well. I used them for a couple of Appleseed events where I was shooting at distances up to 400 yards. Calculated drops based on the velocity I was getting were spot on out to 400.

They have worked well. I used them for a couple of Appleseed events where I was shooting at distances up to 400 yards. Calculated drops based on the velocity I was getting were spot on out to 400.
I'm not surprised.
BC for 180 gr. Game King is over .500, from holdin' it in your hand to 2700 ft./sec. (info according to Sierra's website).
...always liked those bullets. :s0155:

I used the 180 GameKing in an older Rem 700 30 06 and shot routine 1.5 inch groups at 100 yards with handloads at 1.5" high at 100 puts me on zero at 200 and 6" low at 300. the 250 GK 338 almost about the same but I'd have about 2.25" groups out of a Win Lite 70 at 200 yards. I just reordered some more that were on sale. I think Sierra has an upgraded GK by another name, with a nylon tip.

I used the 180 GameKing in an older Rem 700 30 06 and shot routine 1.5 inch groups at 100 yards with handloads at 1.5" high at 100 puts me on zero at 200 and 6" low at 300. the 250 GK 338 almost about the same but I'd have about 2.25" groups out of a Win Lite 70 at 200 yards. I just reordered some more that were on sale. I think Sierra has an upgraded GK by another name, with a nylon tip.
GameChanger, I believe.

TGK, aka "Tipped Game King".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads