JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Good find on that video. It appears to me the guy with the black shirt (red arrow below) has a can of mace and starts spraying it (see can in his hand and darker colored smoke starting to spray down, then up as he raises the can). The guy shown with white arrow then shoots.
dsfsdffd.JPG

Bear spray -- that would explain the cloud.

Here is a thread with potential face pics of the shooter -- all terrible quality:
EDIT: no -- looked at the video again and the smoke and shot are simultaneous and it seems the smoke moves toward the person who got shot. Don't take this as gospel -- just my impression.

EDIT2: I take that back -- there was bear spray then two shots. You can just hear the hiss and if you fool with contrast and brightness, see it better in this version: https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1299934406724014080/pu/vid/1280x720/KqUDbrndl70oyec3.mp4?tag=10

Last Edited:
I think ur right about black powder. Smokeless doesn't look like that. I wouldn't rule out some of the home made shotguns and things the police have captured from antifa to date either.

I think ur right about black powder. Smokeless doesn't look like that. I wouldn't rule out some of the home made shotguns and things the police have captured from antifa to date either.

I just edited my post above with a link to a different version of the video that's a little higher res -- I think there was bear spray then a shot. It would explain the other photographer looking at two different spots on the ground if that is the case because those would likely be shell casings.

The question is why. Was there a scuffle? Someone said mace was used right before the shooting.

The shooter approaches from the middle of the street, the person who got shot walks toward him at the same time, there is a hiss and a cloud appears and almost immediately thereafter two shots ring out.

So no -- not like Kyle who tried to avoid violence except when there was no other choice.

The shooter approaches from the middle of the street, the person who got shot walks toward him at the same time, there is a hiss and a cloud appears and almost immediately thereafter two shots ring out.

So no -- not like Kyle who tried to avoid violence except when there was no other choice.
So you're not allowed to shoot someone macing you?

It looks like the Patriot Prayer guy might have been the instigator with the pepper/bear spray, but the shooter was mighty quick to respond with deadly force.
There was no stopping, backing up, juking/jiving, nor attempts at avoiding the Patriot Prayer guy (until after he killed the PP guy) on the part of the shooter.
It's almost as if the shooter had already decided he was going to shoot PP guy, he was so fast in response. Must have already had his hand on his gun...

Mace is not deadly force. It isn't going to kill you. It's a temporary deterrent. And a firearm is a disparity of force in comparison.
So no, shooting a macer does not qualify as a justifiable homicide. You just watched a murder.

Last Edited:

I said no such thing -- I simply recounted the facts as I see them on video. However, it does raise a question of whether it is legal in OR to meet bear spray with lead -- is it a proportionate response?

If I was to guess, if the shooter was a patriot prayer dude, then it would be deemed murder. If the shooter was Antifa, it will be deemed self-defense because in Portland, prosecution is purely and solely political.

To extend my comments, I also think this shooting demonstrates just how horrific governance is in Portland. If the riots had been shut down ASAP, if continued lawlessness and violence were not condoned by the prosecutor, people wouldn't feel like civilization is crumbling and they need to do something. The antifa bubblegum-hole wouldn't be out trying to gun someone down and the patriot prayer dude would have been home playing video games or something. Instead, these virtue signaling politicians are killing people and destroying a beautiful city. Impeachment would be too good for them. Prison is a better place.

Mace is not deadly force. It isn't going to kill you. It's a temporary deterrent. And a firearm is a disparity of force in comparison.
So no, shooting a macer does not qualify as a justifiable homicide.

I think this is a hard question actually. A chemical agent could very well be step one in a deadly encounter, especially if a person is concealed carrying because the gun could be taken. By the same token, it is literally true that bear spray -- on it's own -- isn't deadly. I don't know how that would play out but it would definitely be worth exploring whether there are answers to this question.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top