JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I think if we apply the same standards as the taser used in the other shooting, then someone attempting to incapacitate you with bear spray and possibly take your gun is the same as someone trying to tase you and take your gun. Justifiable force.

One thing this will do is make it harder for the mayor there to pretend nothing is going on. The people in charge have been fanning the flames trying to incite mobs. Now they are losing control of the mobs as everyone knew they would. When downtown Portland starts to become like Chicago where multiple people shot every night is the norm the Mayor can go on TV and pretend noting is happening.

To extend my comments, I also think this shooting demonstrates just how horrific governance is in Portland. If the riots had been shut down ASAP, if continued lawlessness and violence were not condoned by the prosecutor, people wouldn't feel like civilization is crumbling and they need to do something. The antifa bubblegum-hole wouldn't be out trying to gun someone down and the patriot prayer dude would have been home playing video games or something. Instead, these virtue signaling politicians are killing people and destroying a beautiful city. Impeachment would be too good for them. Prison is a better place.
This blood in on the hands and heads of Ted Wheeler, Mike Schmidt and Kate Brown. Smarten up folks, these treasonist leftists need to be removed from office, now.

Nearly two decades ago when I came here I found Portland interesting, eclectic and yes weird. Now it's a cesspool of violence, riots, looting, destruction, graffiti and shootings.

I wouldn't step foot in downtown Portland at any time of day and only travel through the outskirts to the airport and will only do that during daylight hours. What a cesspool...

So let's see, the shooter has been captured on video and still shots, probably sufficiently to apprehend... how long will it be before that happens and the DA charges him accordingly...

enquiring minds want to know...

I think if we apply the same standards as the taser used in the other shooting, then someone attempting to incapacitate you with bear spray and possibly take your gun is the same as someone trying to tase you and take your gun. Justifiable force.
With respect, I believe a taser to be a step up in force from bear spray, not an equal threat as you suggest.
Bear spray may temporarily blind you, but it will not immobilize you. A taser will shock your azz to the ground and paralyze you, as it's designed specifically to do so.
The two tools and methods have very different outcomes, in my opinion.

Last Edited:
The "other shooting" involving a taser (and an attempt to disarm a peace officer)- physically attack a cop and try to take his firearm and you deserve what you get. Not remotely comparable, nice try, no cigar.. (if we are addressing the same shooting).

One thing this will do is make it harder for the mayor there to pretend nothing is going on.

The silence from do nothing Wheeler is deafening. Just a total lack of leadership. City council isn't any better. Problem is, the woman running against him for Mayor this fall is even worse.

The moment Wheeler heard there would be protestors and counter protestors in downtown today, he should have instituted an early curfew and shut down the city.

The moment Wheeler heard there would be protestors and counter protestors in downtown today, he should have instituted an early curfew and shut down the city.

At one time, Wheeler instituted a curfew several weeks ago when everything was happening downtown. It was universally ignored, not enforced and made no difference.

The shooter approaches from the middle of the street, the person who got shot walks toward him at the same time, there is a hiss and a cloud appears and almost immediately thereafter two shots ring out.

So no -- not like Kyle who tried to avoid violence except when there was no other choice.
Bro. That stupid kid shouldn't have been there. Now his life is over also. Wasted youth to try and look cool ? What a tard. Too many bubblegums trying to look like bubblegumin heroes. Bring some fists downtown and let em fight. Bring guns and this is what happens.

At one time, Wheeler instituted a curfew several weeks ago when everything was happening downtown. It was universally ignored and made no difference.
Closing 4 exits on the freeway stops about 90% of people from getting into downtown. You can do that with a handful of police cars.

At one time, Wheeler instituted a curfew several weeks ago when everything was happening downtown. It was universally ignored, not enforced and made no difference.
Well that is true. And even if he instituted a curfew tonight, most likely this shooting would still have occurred. As has been said, previous curfews have been ignored by the masses without law enforcement making any arrests...

Guess Portland was tired of Kenosha taking the lead story...

What you gonna do about this Teargas Teddy??? Me thinks your in way over your head... Give The Donald a call, he'll clean up your mess. Dang weasel...

Guess Portland was tired of Kenosha taking the lead story...

What you gonna do about this Teargas Teddy??? Me thinks your in way over your head... Give The Donald a call, he'll clean up your mess. Dang weasel...
bubblegum politicians of all kinds and stripes. They don't represent you or me. They represent the corporate boot on our collective neck. Line up wheeler and Donny, cucks the both of em.

Speaking of "cucks", you talk like your leftist antiFU pals...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I'm a true freedom loving, gun fan. I don't subscribe to left/right politics. They're tools to distract from the theft that's happening right now. If you think any politician has you in mind, you're asleep my dude.

Before speculating more I'm going to wait for a police report to be released. I just read somewhere that the two gunshots were possibly one from each person involved, meaning they both were armed. Too hard to tell with the grainy video but it does look like a cloud of smoke erupts in front of each person.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top