JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People who put their AIRSOFT "toys" in Gun safes.....it's true.

And, ones who like to "tacti-cool" out a weapon beyond it's maximum weight capacity, then complain "It's too heavy to carry around...at the gun range...even while slinged." hate to break it to you, but SEALS don't use ALL that s**t,not even half...

John,
Everytime I would see a semi auto pistol ad that stated "comes with three clips." I have wanted to throw that sucker up in the reply, and same when they would use "clip" for a mag fed rifle.

Here is another:

Myself, I think it's a bit weird what someone gets all uptight about this.

If you go back a couple of generations the word "clip" was part of the description used by many firearms authorities. Phil Sharpe is the most notable. There were guns that used tubular magazines, there were guns that used internal magazines, and there were guns that "clip type" magazines. This meant that the magazine was removable and would clip into the gun. That got shortened to clip.

Find a copy of the book The Rifle in America and check it out.

While you're at it, ask your local drill instructor if your favorite firearm is a gun or a rifle...

Myself, I think it's a bit weird what someone gets all uptight about this.

If you go back a couple of generations the word "clip" was part of the description used by many firearms authorities. Phil Sharpe is the most notable. There were guns that used tubular magazines, there were guns that used internal magazines, and there were guns that "clip type" magazines. This meant that the magazine was removable and would clip into the gun. That got shortened to clip.

Find a copy of the book The Rifle in America and check it out.

While you're at it, ask your local drill instructor if your favorite firearm is a gun or a rifle...

I trained Troops after deployments, and some trainee's had a real hard time getting "gun' out of their heads. However Artillerymen aka "Cannon Cockers" use the term 'gun" in reference to their arty pieces. I am very aware of the clips history it was just not used in my day in the military. I see "clip" used on sites I subscribe to like this one: Hi Standard Information

I look at it this way, if the firearm's manufacture refers to it as a magazine in/on it's parts list then it is a magazine and that is what it is.
If they list it as a clip, than that is what it is. It's all about if you are interested enough in the subject to educate yourself and be correct per the firearm.

To each his own... Just my 2 cents worth.

i HATE anything with that STUPID word "TACTICAL" on it

I also HATE all guns made in Romania

and REVOLVERS.....YUCK!!!

ULTIMATE TANGO DOWN PISTON AR'S, A PISTON DRIVEN AR IS ABOUT AS USEFUL AS TOILET PAPER MADE OUTTA PINE CONES

AR'S with covered in CHEESE GRATER HANDRAILS.....DERPY DERPITIY DUMB , WHATS NEXT? TACTICOOL RAILS ON THE STOCK AND MAGAZINES? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ULTIMATE TANGO DOWN PISTON AR'S, A PISTON DRIVEN AR IS ABOUT AS USEFUL AS TOILET PAPER MADE OUTTA PINE CONES

AR'S with covered in CHEESE GRATER HANDRAILS.....DERPY DERPITIY DUMB , WHATS NEXT? TACTICOOL RAILS ON THE STOCK AND MAGAZINES? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I realize this is sort of a criticism thread, but this is just trolling.

I hate excessive use of caps.

Ok, this one is not a firearm, but an accessory. It's a gun cleaning snake. Just pull it through the bore each time you need to clean. The absolute worse accessory ever invented. Burned powder residue embeds in the rope and scratches and cuts into the bore every time it's used. I've seen bores ruined from this nasty thing, but I see em for sale at every show. Newbies standing inline to buy one. Hurts to watch.

I realize this is sort of a criticism thread, but this is just trolling.

Trolling? nah, the thread was asking if I have gun prejudice and I gave my opinion, I do in fact hate Romanian guns and want to puke when I hear the word "Tactical". I'm embarrassed to buy anything with that word on it, I also believe quad rails are an overpriced joke and one sure way to ugly up your gun real quick

* The tactical label
* Painted guns
* Magpul MOE stock
* Double action to Single action guns (yes I hate Sigs)
* Decockers
* AK furniture that doesn't match
* Intrinsic value on guns you're trying to sell (it doesn't matter dude)
* Thumbhole stocks
* Revolvers not in 22LR, 38spl, 357mag, 45LC, 44mag, 50S&W
* 380acp and guns in that caliber
* Modernizing or sporterizing C&R guns
* Ruger revolver's rounded hump grips (not GP or SP)

SKS's with jam-o-matic duckbill magazines, bipods, folding stocks and dustcover or gas-block mounted NCStar "tactical" scopes that wont hold zero and have to be removed in order to clean the weapon. The result is an otherwise decent and reliable $300 rifle that has had $250 worth of "upgrades" stuck onto it and is now worth less than if it had been left in its original configuration.

Pimped out "tactical" Ruger 10/22s. Yeah, but the kit to make it look like a FG42 was Kewl personified.

Don't like plastic, at all!! Guns should be metal and wood, no exceptions!! Aesthetically, yup. But for functionality I can live with plastic.

If the trigger has to have a safety on it to keep it from going off when dropped I won't buy it. Uh, trigger safeties can also be for avoiding an AD when pushing it down into the holster. A gun that will fire when dropped DOES suck.

Hammerless revolvers, or any handgun for that matter I like to bob the hammers on my snubbies. SA on a snubbie is about as useful as a nipple on a beer bottle.

Glocks with a bunch of fancy trigger work so they are a better race or target gun. To me it's like trying to make a Honda Civic into a sports car. If you want to race, buy a race gun. A nice trigger isn't making it faux race gun. A good trigger job improves nearly any pistol.

Double stack automatics. I mean come on, if your that bad a shot when the bad guy shows up throw it down and run! Can't see a instance where 6-7 shots won't work. For one goblin, maybe. When confronted by multiple assailants belt feed isn't excessive.

"Zombie Edition" things. +1 ***GAG*** And 45GAP. Yup, I haven't figured out why it was invented, unless one considers ammo availability a bad thing.

I also HATE all guns made in Romania. And my Romy Tokarev says your mom dresses you funny.

SKS's with jam-o-matic duckbill magazines, bipods, folding stocks and dustcover or gas-block mounted NCStar "tactical" scopes that wont hold zero and have to be removed in order to clean the weapon. The result is an otherwise decent and reliable $300 rifle that has had $250 worth of "upgrades" stuck onto it and is now worth less than if it had been left in its original configuration. Absolutely!! The rifle club I belong to has a hunter sight in every Fall. One mall ninja showed up with his SKS so decked out in tacti-kewl tripe it was hard to tell what it was. He spent all afternoon and all the ammo he brought without getting sighted in @ 50 yd. My totally stock SKS sighted in with 20-25 rds. He wasted a LOT of $ to make a perfectly good SKS totally useless.

All in good fun. Rev.

Here's another that just makes me wanna puke!
The words, Remmy, Mossy, Ishy and such drive me up a freaking wall! :eek:ffwall:
Make it sound like it's your kitty cat or girlfriend.

Stop it already!:s0054:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews