JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so, I can't really explain why I feel this way about certain guns, but I just do. Here are a few things that really bother me about certain firearms:

1. Shotguns that ARE'NT pump action. Side by sides/over and unders/single shots are fine, but I just don't like semi-automatic shotguns. Sure, they may perform better in various tasks than a pump, but I just think pump actions are cooler.

2. SAA style revolvers that ARE'NT chambered for .45 LC. Also, 1911's NOT chambered in .45 ACP.

3. AR style rifles that ARE'NT chambered for 5.56. Sure, the new 6.8 and various other new wildcat (and I use the term loosely) cartridges outperform the ole' five five sixer, but it just bugs me when an AR isn't chambered in 5.56. Don't even get me started on ARs chambered in .308 (7.62x51).

4. Handguns with lasers. They just seem like an excuse not to use irons.

5. Excessively tricked out ARs. Especially when excessively tricked out with a lot of crap bought from Cheaper Than Dirt. Or having a hunting scope mounted on an AR carbine length rifle. Its not a sniper rifle and you are not Jackson from Saving Private Ryan.

6. The .17 HMR. A few years ago, me and two buddies were squirrel hunting in eastern Oregon. Myself and my one buddy both had Ruger 10/22s and my other buddy had a Remington something or other chambered in .17 hmr. He didn't bag any squirrels that trip. Why? Because the first shot caused the rifle to blow up in his face. Use a .22 LR for Pete's sake.

7. Springfield XD's. I've known plenty of dorks that couldn't shoot to save their life that have bought them because they were the latest, coolest thing. Ugh, buy a Glock for God's sake.

8. The .45 GAP. The .45 ACP has been killin' bad guys for better than a hundred years, and the good people at Glock think they can...Improve it? Don't get me wrong, I like Glocks, but not the GAP. Matter of fact, I don't like "flavor of the month" cartridges in general.

9. MAGPUL MOE furniture. Seems like everyone is "dressing up" their AR with this. Here is my insight: Its not that cool, its plastic just like the original furniture, and you've just spent 75 bucks on it!

Anyways, all of the above are merely my opinion so feel free to respond or pm me death threats. Deuces!

I'm kind of a Glock hater.....I try not to be prejudice against guns of all shapes and sizes but something about the glock and it's following has always rubbed me the wrong way.

Bipods on Carbine's
Optics attached to removable carry handle
railed gas blocks
Non-FSB gas blocks with plastic (Stock/Magpul/...) hand-guards

Oh Joe, thank you thank you thank you for touching on the Bipods on Carbines, and the optics on carry handles. I hate that! As for the railed gas block, I've got one on my S&W M&P 15, so I can't knock it.

Modern semi auto from ruger.
Calm down i love their wheel guns but the SR9 was the first gun that i've ever bought. Turned out to be POS with a horrible trigger, the safety would not engage, and the magazine release actually fell out of the gun. I am sure i got a lemon but because of this bad experience I passed on buying the ruger sr1911 as well as the ruger sr556. Both are great guns from what i hear but it's hard to shake the old fears of getting another lemon.

Mine:

1. Anything Taurus. My two brothers-in-law have had horrible experiences with their Taurus' either blowing up or dying on the first shot for a new gun (yes, they were cleaned beforehand and lubricated). I've seen several posts in which people praise them up and down but I just can't get myself to go there.

2. Glocks - This is a partial one because I might actually buy one someday when I get the other guns I want. But for me, it just seems to much of piling on the "bandwagon." I know that most of them are good and work, but I also think they are mostly ugly.

I can't think of any others at the moment. I'll probably post anything else that comes to mind, but can't right now.

Last Edited:
Glocks, I've known plenty of dorks that couldn't shoot to save their life that have bought them because they were the latest, coolest thing. Ugh, buy an XD for God's sake.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but I don't like polymer handguns, i.e., Glock, XD, M&P's, etc. They're too snappy and toy-like for my taste.

I'll probably get one at some point - for purely utilitarian purposes.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but I don't like polymer handguns, i.e., Glock, XD, M&P's, etc. They're too snappy and toy-like for my taste.

I'll probably get one at some point - for purely utilitarian purposes.

+1

My 1911 is my sexy mistress that I like to look at and fondle. My XD is my sturdy, plain wife who cooks and does dishes.

Two things - same style gun:

Scopes on lever guns and any 'modern' mods on lever guns such as poly stocks or that abomination of a lever gun into a tactical configuration I saw somewhere, yeeeech!

Personally, I just don't like ARs or polymer frame handguns. It's a prejudice based mostly on the way they look, but the marketing does not help. I know there are extreme torture tests done by the various manufacturers and promoters that show how irrefutably awesome their platform is. If it works for you, I'm happy for you. But, just maybe, having your piece run over by a tank and rendered inoperable is God's way of saying you should not have dropped your weapon.

Glocks, I've known plenty of dorks that couldn't shoot to save their life that have bought them because they were the latest, coolest thing. Ugh, buy an [insert any other brand here] for God's sake.

LOL. Glock owners swear by them dispite its major short comings - fugly and uncomfortable grip/angle. But hey, if you can get past all that, it's an awesome gun that goes boom every time! Ummmm, there are a number of others that functions just as well, if not better, and it's actually pleasant to shoot.

I'd say the drank-the-koolaid-in-1985, Glock-or-Nothing, fanboys bother me the most.

Anything German. My family suffered terribly during ww2 I know they are different people now but I'll be damned if I'll buy Anything (including cars) made in Germany or Austria and support their economy in any way.
You take all the money spent on all these foreign firearms its humungous, I buy USA only, support your own country, its got to stop if we're ever going to turn the economy around.

Stainless steel, Nickel or any other silvery type finish. I see these finishes as something a Pimp would prefer.
b549a360.jpg
Like my beretta? Thank you playa. I like to keep my pimp hand strong and my toys real bling out. Lol
I do have my limits though. I can't stand those weird gold/chrome finish with the engravings all over it. Nothing screams I'll be a victim of cartel violence like a gold 1911 with mother of pearls grips

Glock owners swear by them dispite its major short comings - fugly and uncomfortable grip/angle.

This can sum up the hate against glock quite well.

The two MAJOR short commings of the glock?
"It looks ugly." Well crap, I'll be sure to wear a nicer hat while I protect myself to make up for it! :D
"Uncomfortable grip angle" It is not grip angle that bothers you, it's a "hump" on the back. Which 1911's had for years, with no complaints.

Now that I have surely derailed this thread-
Threaded barrels on Pistols, because 90% of them will never have a suppressor.
Compensators on 5.56 rifles. Why rattle everyone else's teeth for a small round?
5.56 AR "Survival" rifles.
Flimsy hogue stocks...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top